The ShipStation module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with ShipStation's eCommerce shipping software. After an order has been picked in Fishbowl, the order information will be sent to ShipStation. After the order has been processed in ShipStation, carrier, service, tracking number, and carton costs will be sent back to Fishbowl.
- 1 Install
- 2 Setup
- 3 TABS
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the ShipStation plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the ShipStation module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the ShipStation-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Open the ShipStation API Settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the API Key and API Secret.
- Paste the API Key and API Secret into the Store Settings tab of the ShipStation module.
- Complete the Store Settings instructions.
Several plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional ShipStation options or notes are included at the bottom of each section. System properties also allow advanced options to be enabled for e-commerce plugins.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the ShipStation website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the ShipStation module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the ShipStation website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the ShipStation settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another ShipStation store.
- Additional ShipStation information
- Enable Ship Quote Feature
- Use Residential Shipping
- Shipping Item
- Use the order location group's default Main Address
- Use a selected address for all orders
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Order field mapping - Use the mapping table to map ShipStation order fields to Fishbowl order fields. If no field is mapped to the Fishbowl Order Number, then it will be generated by Fishbowl. If no date field is mapped to the Fishbowl Date Scheduled, then it will be set to the date of import.
- Use Customer Defaults - The following order defaults will be used when no data is mapped from ShipStation in the mapping table above. "Use Customer Defaults" will use values from the Fishbowl customer when available.
- Default Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Default Class - If there is no class mapped from ShipStation, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Default Payment Terms - If there are no payment terms mapped from ShipStation, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Default Shipping Terms - If there are no shipping terms mapped from ShipStation, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Default Priority - The default priority to be set on imported orders.
- Discount item - Select the flat rate discount type that will be added as a line item to imported orders. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from ShipStation.
- Order number prefix - An order number prefix can be defined which will be applied to order numbers mapped from ShipStation.
- Additional ShipStation information
- ShipStation Store - After integration, this field will display the stores configured in your ShipStation account.
- ShipStation Source - After integration, this field will display the sources configured in your ShipStation account.
- Combine all discounts - Enabling this option will sum up all of the line item discounts and apply them as one order discount.
- Add Discount Code to Notes - Enabling this option will add the discount code to the line item notes.
Location Group Settings
- Use default location group - Select a default location group for imported orders.
- Use order ship-to-state mapping - This option allows orders to be imported into Fishbowl Location Groups according to the ship-to state. If the state is not mapped to a location group, the default location group specified above can be used.
- Use order carrier mapping - This option allows orders to be imported into Fishbowl Location Groups according to the shipping carrier. If the carrier is not mapped to a location group, the default location group specified above can be used.
- Use location group class as order class - This option will set the class for the order to the location group's class.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign ShipStation order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from ShipStation that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Enable multi-currency settings - Order prices will be converted from the channel order currency to the Fishbowl currency assigned to the mapped customer. Requires Fishbowl currency conversion to be enabled.
- Enable advanced mapping settings - Opens up additional customer mapping options and control over customer creation.
- Use a default customer for all orders - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as ShipStation Customer.
- Use order billing address - Use the billing address from the ShipStation order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use order shipping address - Use the shipping address from the ShipStation order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the order customer and addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the ShipStation order instead of using a generic customer.
- Field - Select the ShipStation field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Alternate Field - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- Use default carrier/service - When selected, all orders imported from ShipStation will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and ShipStation. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Use carrier mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map carriers between ShipStation and Fishbowl.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the ShipStation transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use a default payment method - When selected, all orders imported from ShipStation will use the selected payment method.
- Use Payment method mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map payment methods between ShipStation and Fishbowl.
- Always create payments - If no payment data exists for the order from ShipStation, this option will always create a payment in Fishbowl equaling the order total. If payment mapping is enabled, orders without payment data will show "None" as the payment method type.
- Remove taxes from payment - When selected, the tax amount will be deducted from the payment total.
- Remove shipping from payment - Enabling this option may lead to order disparities between ShipStation and Fishbowl for totals and payments.
- Ignore international payments - Payments will not be created for orders placed outside the United States. This setting is only available if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Currency - Select the currency type you accept in ShipStation. This is a required setting if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Import Taxes - When selected, the tax amount from the ShipStation order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from ShipStation. If taxes are not imported, the Fishbowl payment will equal the order total before tax.
- Use Default Tax Item - With this option selected, the same tax item will be used for all orders.
- Use State Tax Mapping - This option allows different tax items to be used based on the Ship To state/province. If this option is enabled, the plugin will give an error when trying to import an order with a state that has not been mapped.
- Use Fishbowl Tax - Select a Fishbowl tax rate that will be used to calculate the order tax in Fishbowl. Tax calculations done by Fishbowl may differ from those done in ShipStation.
- Import ShipStation tax as line item note - Import the ShipStation tax as a line item note in Fishbowl.
Order Item Settings
- Ignore miscellaneous items - Miscellaneous items will not be created if no product ID is found on the ShipStation order item.
- Enable order import product linking - If a product is not already linked, the plugin will attempt to find a match based on the field mapping table.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
The Product Import task imports products into Fishbowl from ShipStation. A product link is created by storing the ShipStation product ID in Fishbowl.
- Link Existing Products will match existing products in Fishbowl and ShipStation where data matches in the selected fields.
- Import Products will import products from ShipStation into Fishbowl, creating them based on the field mapping and settings below.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Product Create Settings - Enable Export new products and then map the fields that should be exported from Fishbowl to ShipStation. A default weight UOM and size UOM can also be specified. Using the Product Tree Filter will limit the products exported to those in the selected product tree category. If left blank, all products will be included in the export. Selecting the Export all products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to ShipStation. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Product Update Settings - Enable Update linked products and then map the fields that should be exported from Fishbowl to ShipStation. This section has the same options as the Product Create Settings section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- Only new orders are imported. Orders are not updated once they have been imported. Returns and refunds are not imported.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can be viewed or modified by clicking the ShipStation button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the ShipStation module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the ShipStation.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two ShipStation versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.