The Schedule Module is where you set Fishbowl to automatically backup your database as well as import or export information such as exporting to QuickBooks, or importing orders from an internet shopping cart such as Yahoo Shopping Cart. You can schedule tasks as close together as seconds or as far apart as years.
The following functions are available through the Schedule Module:
- Create a new scheduled task
- Edit or delete an existing scheduled task
- Activate or inactivate a scheduled task
- View a history of scheduled tasks
Module Buttons Template:Top
Delete deletes the Scheduled Task.
File:Run Button.png Run runs the scheduled task that is currently open.
Create a New Schedule Task Template:Top
Next choose the frequency for which you would like the task to run. You may select every Second, Minute, Hour, Day, Week, Month, Year, or upon Event. Most of the schedules will also ask a time for the task to run. If you chose to run upon an event, select from the drop down list which event to run after.
After you have scheduled your date and/or time, specify the type of task you would like whether it be an import, export, javaclass, QuickBooks export, or database backup.
- Import: The schedule module can be used to run any CSV import. This may be especially useful to customers who need to bring in EDI or website data such as Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, etc. The Directory filed specifies where the CSV files are located. The Import Type field specifies which type of CSV will be imported. The files that are imported can be customized by using the * wildcard in the Mask field. Below are some examples of values that could be placed in the mask field, and the resulting files that would be imported:
- SO.csv - The file SO.csv will be imported.
- SO*.csv - All csv files that start with "SO" will be imported.
- *SO*.csv - All csv files that contain the word "SO" will be imported.
- *.csv - All csv files in the directory will be imported.
- Export: First you will need to browse to the directory of where you would like to export to. You can then enter in the file name and the type of file to be exported.
- Java Class: A Java Class can be scheduled to run either at a scheduled time or during an event. The file to be run must implement the com.fbi.TimerTask.IFBRunnable interface. Once the file is compiled it can be added to the class path where the server will be able to load it and run. It can be added to the class path by placing it in the /server/lib directory.
- QuickBooks Export: You may schedule an export to QuickBooks by selecting the type QuickBooks Export. In order to export through the scheduler Fishbowl and QuickBooks need to have been synced through the Accounting Configuration Wizard. [Note: the directory settings on import and export are for the directories on the Server. If somebody is using a Client rather than the Server, they must make sure they are mapping to a directory on the Server. Mapping to a directory on the Client and not the Server will cause the import/export to fail.]
- Database Backup: Simply select the Database backup type and then browse to the directory of where you would like Fishbowl to create a backup. [Note: The selected directory must be accessible from computer where the Fishbowl Server is installed.] For information on how to restore a backup database see How do I restore a backup database?
Once you have created your task click Save in the module toolbar to finalize your settings.
View Schedule History Template:Top
You may view any Scheduled Task's history by double clicking on the task in the search panel then clicking the History subtab on the main screen. The History will inform you of the date, time, and result of the task.
Edit or Delete a Scheduled Task Template:Top
A scheduled task may be edited or deleted by going to the Setup Module Group | Schedule Module. Double Click the desired task from the Search column and wait until the information for the task is displayed on the main screen. If the task is being edited, simply change any of the allowed information shown on the main screen. After the correct changes have been made, make sure to choose the Save icon from the Module Toolbar to save your changes.
If you wish to delete a scheduled task, simply double click the desired task from the Search column and wait until the information is displayed on the main screen. Next, choose the Delete icon from the Module Toolbar. The task will be deleted; however it may be re-created again at any time using the Create a new schedule task instructions.