Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Features added to a specific release are found in the Release Notes.
- Bugs fixed during a release are found in the Change Log.
- Upcoming features are found in the Road Map.
- Release Notes for older versions are found in the Release Notes Archives.
- 1 2012.3 Release Notes - NOT YET RELEASED Template:Top
- 2 2012.2 Release Notes - 10/20/2011 Template:Top
- 3 2012 Release Notes - 10/11/2011 Template:Top
- 4 2011.8 Release Notes - 8/11/2011 Template:Top
- 5 2011.7 Release Notes - 5/12/2011 Template:Top
- 6 2011.6 Release Notes - 2/10/2011 Template:Top
- 7 2011.5 Release Notes - 12/9/2010 Template:Top
- 8 2011 Release Notes - 10/28/2010 Template:Top
2012.3 Release Notes - NOT YET RELEASED Template:Top
- Updated to Version 2012.3
- Ability to set default decimal places to see on all reports for quantities, pricing and costs
- Simplified updating report process
- Created a Calendar Module in Fishbowl
- Added a context menu to the calendar to right click Add, Edit, and Delete events
- Added Ability to edit an event by double clicking
- Ability to drag to schedule an event with location, start & end time and notes
- ability to drag and drop edit existing events on the calendar
- Created a today button link for the calendar
- Ability to view by Day, 5 Day, Week, Month
- Added a 12 month calendar for navigation
- Back & Forward arrows to navigate the calendar in the viewing pane
- Ability to schedule All Day events
- Added edit and view user rights for the calendar
- A new button has been added to fishbowl Customer Module that creates customers in Fishbowl Pipeline.
- If you do not have a Pipeline account you can click a sign-up link inside of Fishbowl.
- You can now get Accounts from pipeline that have been converted to customers in batch.
- Add the ability to change the date format for all reports. This is a module option in the reports module.
- Expanded the file menu to include additional modules
- Ability to add individual SO Items to a Sales Order
- Ability to save custom fields on a Sales Order
- Ability to add and update reports
- Ability to process a payment through Fishbowl
2012.2 Release Notes - 10/20/2011 Template:Top
- When installing the free trial, an icon is placed on the desktop which will start the server, client, and SalesPoint.
- Updated iReport to version 4.1.2
2012 Release Notes - 10/11/2011 Template:Top
- Ability to recall the last customer credit card number used as a payment method.
- Added a module option in payment viewer to mask CC numbers from all users.
- Java 7 support
- Product alerts in Sales Order module
- Part alerts in Purchase Order module
- Added option to add default vendor and UPC to new part wizard
- Added fulfillment date column for SO and PO line items.
- Increased the button size in the checkout wizard, details tab, and applicable icons.
- Created a custom receipt footer message in SalesPoint module options.
- Added receipt footer message to SalesPoint default reports.
- Created a user right to limit drop ship in SalesPoint.
- SalesPoint orders are now recorded as "POS type" in the database.
- Summary report now points to the SalesPoint module report rather than the default payment receipt.
- Added a date and time display to the title bar.
- Increased the size of all applicable combo boxes, drop downs, and fields to be touchscreen friendly.
- Created a customer display window for the small POS monitor.
- Created an option to check insufficient inventory by "Available to Pick" or "Available for Sale".
- Ability to recall the last customer credit card number used as a payment method.
- Added a "Total Savings" field that displays in SalesPoint and the customer display.
- Option to default the SalesPoint report to print, preview, or none.
- Ability to export SalesPoint sales receipts in a batch format so multiple receipts are combined.
- Batch memo now includes the sales receipt date range and total sales receipts included.
- Ability to open previous orders.
2011.8 Release Notes - 8/11/2011 Template:Top
- Updated Version to 2011.8
- Added ability to hide and show columns on the SO Module
- Added ability to hide and show columns on the PO Module
- Added ability to in line edit the Type on the SO item
- Added ability to in line edit the Type on the PO item
- Added ability to in line edit the Cost on the PO item
- Added ability to in line edit the Price on the SO item
- Added ability to in line edit the Qty on the PO item
- Added ability to in line edit the Qty on the SO item
- Added Australian States into the Database
- Added ability to set default Weight UOM in Shipping Module.
- Updated PCI Compliance Credit Card Security standards for storage of payment data. To see the latest information refer to PCI security standards council website PCI Security Standards
- Created a Point of Sale Client.
- Ability to create POS orders and checkout.
- Added class, notes, type, quantity and UOM with inline edit.
- Ability to inline edit unit & total price.
- Ability to assign a default customer.
- Ability to create and assign register numbers.
- Added SalesPoint to Fishbowl installer.
- Ability to add misc items and line item tax.
- Modified Layout to be touch screen friendly.
- Ability to sell kits in SalesPoint.
- Added user dropdown to General tab for easy change.
- Added touch friendly move up/down, increment/decrement quantity.
- New order auto created when order is completed and on login.
- Created SalesPoint specific order numbering module option.
- Module option for number of credit card receipts to print.
- Module option to show printer options at checkout.
- SalesPoint user access rights to access module or modify info.
- Display payment types in large text for finger friendly selection.
- Display subtotal, tax, and change due in large, easy to read text.
- Updated Checkout summary step to include payment receipt option.
- Connected SalesPoint to Fishbowl reports and created module associations.
- Ability to select tracking information as the product is added to the order.
- Ability to resize the application and button size automatically to work with varied screen resolutions.
- Created a Summary step in Checkout to display tax, total, discounts and payment.
- Ability to preview or print a payment receipt from the checkout summary.
- Message when creating a new order to save, delete, or cancel.
- Checkout defaults to the payment screen with the option to go back to misc items and picking.
- Focus returns to the product combo box after line item edit.
2011.7 Release Notes - 5/12/2011 Template:Top
- Updated Version to 2011.7
- Updated the communication layer between Fishbowl and QuickBooks to be faster and more efficient. (Removed Castor and Jacob and replaced with JibX and ComfyJ)
- Uploading a custom report now replaces the files instead of creating additional files.
- Updated QuickBooks integration supported versions to 2009 and newer as QuickBooks is discontinuing support of 2008 QB.
- Updated to iReport version 4.0.2.
- Added the PO global address search back into the purchase order module.
- Improved the speed of issuing / unissuing a sales order with MO's attached.
- 2011.7 iReport patch
2011.6 Release Notes - 2/10/2011 Template:Top
- Created a module option in manufacture order to automatically issue the manufacture order when the sales order that created the MO is issued.
- Added Vendor PO field on the sales order to the SDK.
- Added an insufficient inventory button when adding items to a sales order so if the product doesn't have enough available to fulfill the full qty the available will be added.
- Added the ability to search manufacture orders by location group.
- Added the ability to search sales orders by the vendor PO field.
- Removed the "enable location group tracking" module option in location group.
- Updated the payment viewer module to a Jide table to improve searching and columns.
- Sales order Addresses can now be edited after the order has been fulfilled.
- Purchase order line item notes now export to QuickBooks.
- Added a Wal-Mart shipping label to the default Fishbowl reports.
- Added the part description to the reconcile report, also updated to table format.
- Updated iReport to v4.0, includes ability to recompile custom reports in update.
- Created a product export that includes product module information.
- Created a product import that includes product module information.
Fishbowl Mobile Warehouse
- Created a work order panel in FMW that displays all entered and started work orders.
- Added an option to limit the number or work orders to display in the module.
- Created a panel that displays all the raw materials to be consumed.
- Created a panel to receive finished goods into inventory.
- Added a popup window that warns the user if the order has not been picked yet.
- Added an option in work order to view "all open" work orders.
2011.5 Release Notes - 12/9/2010 Template:Top
- Installer uses Firebird 64 if installation takes place on a 64 bit operating system.
- Added a user right for Manufacture order Quick fulfill.
- Pricing tab in product module is now dependent on product pricing user right.
- Alert notes on PO now have the option to add to Purchase order notes.
- Added a grand total to the discount summary report.
- Added a button in Transfer order module that links to Pick module.
- Created a URL link in the Customer module.
- Created a link from the configuration tab of the sales order item to the MO that is creating the part.
- Service type parts can be set to units of measure other than hour.
- Purchase order advanced search now includes a location group filter.
- Added an "Available to Pick" number to the Inventory module.
- Added a check box in Program Options to Hide the splash screen when loading the client.
- Added a URL link to the Details tab of the Purchase Order.
- Added a URL link to the Details tab of the Sales Order.
- Updated iReport Version to 3.7.6
- Created an Import \ Export for Carriers.
- Picking advanced search now includes part number \ part description.
- Import \ Export for Payment Terms.
- Shipping advanced search now includes product number \ product description.
- Product module search pane now includes product \ part UOM columns in the table.
- Added line item fulfillment dates to the receiving module.
- Payment viewer module now includes a "received by" field to record the user.
- Ability to set a default vendor from the sales order if the part associated with the product does not have a current vendor association.
- Updated the database maintenance function to include a backup and database fix with reindex.
- Changed the Fishbowl installation wizard to be easier to navigate.
2011 Release Notes - 10/28/2010 Template:Top
- Users all have their own favorites folder in the Reports module.
- Users can now save report filters per user instead of per client.
- Users can set reports to their own sections of the reports menu.
- A new access right has been created that will restrict users from editing the company reports names, descriptions and tree.
- A new tab has been added to the modify report dialog that allows a user to select what columns of a report shows.
- You can now select to show or hide columns on the SO Summary Report.
- You can now select to show or hide columns on the WO Summary Report.
- You can now select to show or hide columns on the SO Report.
- You can now select to show or hide columns on the WO Report.
- You can now select to show or hide columns on the PO Report.
- You can now select to show or hide columns on the Invoice Report.
- You can now select to show or hide columns on the Sales Back Order Report.
- The SO report and the Invoice report have been combined.
- The Cycle Count Wizard no longer requires tag number entry, it now part, location, and tracking specific.
- Removed Batch "Inventory" function from inventory module.
- Updated inventory module to display inventory by location and tracking rather than tag number. Tags have been removed from the inventory table.
- Cycle Count Wizard now allows inactive locations to be cycle counted.
- Updated Inventory module "Add" function to be part and location specific, tags are no longer required to add new inventory.
- Removed Tag from Inventory search.
- Line item cycle count now works across tags.
- Line item Move & Yield now works across tags.
- Line item Scrap now works across tags.
- Inventory Edit and View have been combined into a single function.
- Part Description added to Picking Tracking panel.
- Part Description added to Receiving Tracking panel.
- Removed Tags from Cycle Count Data import.
- Removed tags from Inventory Quantities import.
- You can now create new folders in the Report module.
- You can copy reports from on folder to another.
- Firebird has been changed to Classic 2.16.
- Cycle Count List Report no longer breaks by tag, it now lists by part, location, and tracking where applicable.
- Tags removed from On Hand Tracking Report.
- Tags removed from Aging Report.
- Tags removed from Inventory Valuation Summary Report.
- Tags removed from On Hand by Product Tree.
- Removed Transaction Import.
- Tags removed from Point of Sale credit return wizard.
- Updated inventory tab in location module to group by part, removed tag references.
- Combined Inventory Yield import and Inventory transfer data import into Inventory move import that completes either function.
- Tags removed from Manufacture order finish wizard.
- Tags removed from New part wizard add inventory step.
- Receiving module location drop down added, tag entry has been removed from location selection.
- On hand report now displays tracking information in correct formatting.
- Removed tags from Receiving Data import.
- Inventory advanced search tracking tab only displays tracking types that are being used. previous versions included inactive and unused tracking fields in the search pane.
- Inventory Module part UOM can be changed to view inventory quantities in alternate units of measure.
Fishbowl Mobile Warehouse
- Created a packing panel that displays orders to be packed.
- Added an option to picking that shows only "In Progress" parts.
- Pack items into cartons by scanning the part number and then scanning tracking info.
- Ability to Create new cartons and modify which carton a part is placed into.
- Ability to edit items that are being packed, change qty going into a specific carton, etc.
- Created a Serial number panel to allow users to easily select serialized parts.
- Option to display edit screen when packing each part.
- Display the carrier at the bottom of the pack screen, with the ability to modify the carrier using a drop down list.
- Option to show "Entered" orders in shipping.
- Added an option to the part info that will auto assign the part UPC to the product UPC.
- Added carton number in pack edit screen.
- Updated tracking sort order in list formats to display according to order set in part module options.
- Added a lock/unlock option to "From Location" in the move module that saves a location for multiple moves.
- Added the ability to print the default packing list from mobile.
- Option in packing that sets when the packing list should be printed; always, never, or prompt.
- Option to pack each type parts in quantity one only.
- Option to change error sound to user preference.
- Disabled "ok" button in top left corner of all screens to avoid confusion.
- Option to Display errors in a popup window rather than the system tray.
- Primary tracking now applies to Serial numbers as well. Pick and move can now be completed using a primary serial number tracking type.
- Shipping now allows orders that are not included in the ship list to be processed. The number of orders to display in shipping can be set to zero, which will improve ship processing time.
For older versions of Fishbowl Inventory Release Notes, please see the Release Notes Archives page.