Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For a description of some of the features added in the latest release, see New Features.
- Features added to a specific release can be seen here, in the Release Notes.
- Bugs fixed during a specific release are found in the Change Log.
- Upcoming features are found in the Road Map.
- Release Notes for older versions are found in the Release Notes Archives.
- 1 2014. Release Notes - NOT YET RELEASED Template:Top
- 2 2013.6 Release Notes - 9/12/2013 Template:Top
- 3 2013.5 Release Notes - 6/13/2013 Template:Top
- 4 2013.4 Release Notes - 4/22/2013 Template:Top
- 5 2013.2 Release Notes - 2/14/2013 Template:Top
- 6 2013.1 Release Notes - 12/20/2012 Template:Top
- 7 2013.0 Release Notes - 12/6/2012 Template:Top
- 8 2012.7 Release Notes - 8/9/2012 Template:Top
- 9 2012.6 Release Notes - 4/19/2012 Template:Top
- 10 2012.5 Release Notes - 4/12/2012 Template:Top
- 11 2012.4 Release Notes - 2/23/2012 Template:Top
- 12 2012.3 Release Notes - 2/9/2012 Template:Top
- 13 2012.2 Release Notes - 10/20/2011 Template:Top
- 14 2012 Release Notes - 10/11/2011 Template:Top
2014. Release Notes - NOT YET RELEASED Template:Top
- Added Ability to set if cost/price is in home currency if order is multi-currency order in PO/SO import.
2013.6 Release Notes - 9/12/2013 Template:Top
- Added Multi-Currency to the sales order.
- We now import a customers currency when importing from QuickBooks.
- We now export a customers currency when exporting to QuickBooks.
- We now export the sales order currency when exporting credit memos, invoices, and sales receipts.
- You can set a customers currency in the new customer wizard.
- Sales orders will load the correct currency when a customer with currency is selected.
- The sales order report will now show currency rates if the order has a different currency.
- The shipping invoice will now show currency rates if the order has a different currency.
- You can now schedule an import from QuickBooks to update your currencies in the schedule module.
2013.5 Release Notes - 6/13/2013 Template:Top
- The Reconcile report now shows alternate currencies.
- A change to a PO rate can now update the Vendors default rate.
- Currencies cannot be changed on PO, currency is now changed only when a different vendor is selected.
- Fishbowl will now export using QuickBooks SDK version 8.
- Choosing a country when adding an address will now filter the states based off of that country.
- You can now import currencies from a QuickBooks file using Currency Conversion.
- You can now import vendors with associated currencies from QuickBooks.
- You can now export Bills to QuickBooks with a currency set.
- You can import currencies from QuickBooks.
- API - Using a Java Class one can add a button to a module to run a scheduled task.
- Fishbowl can now run in 64-bit mode and still export to QuickBooks.
- Export to QuickBooks now runs through Fishbowl Nexus.
- Customer part numbers will now save and load on sales orders.
- You can filter items added to the sales order by customer part number.
- You can filter items added to the purchase order module by the vendor number.
2013.4 Release Notes - 4/22/2013 Template:Top
- A new currency module has been added to Fishbowl where you can create new currencies and set their conversion to USD.
- A module option to the currency module has been added to turn off and on currency conversion.
- You can now select a currency and set a conversion rate on a new PO.
- You can import PO via CSV and set the alternate currency and rate.
- You can add a PO to Fishbowl via the API and set the alternate currency and rate.
- Purchase orders now display new columns for alternate currencies and you can edit the PO item's cost in other currencies.
- The PO report now displays alternate currencies, rates, and totals.
- The report module options for decimal places also apply to alternate currencies.
- Foreign currency symbols now display correctly in the PO module and on the PO report.
- You can now schedule a report to be run via the schedule module.
- Added an option to the Accounting module options to check the "To Be Emailed" box on the QuickBooks Invoice.
- You can set a vendor default currency that sets the currency on a PO.
- You can reconcile a PO using an alternate currency.
2013.2 Release Notes - 2/14/2013 Template:Top
- New Feature: A new BOM report has been added that rolls up cost from staged BOMs.
- New Feature: You can now view the vendor lead time on the shortage dialog.
- New Feature: You can now view the vendor lead time in the SO add item wizard.
- New Feature: You can now add a priority to a work order.
- New Feature: You can now see the wo priority on the MO and WO traveler.
- New Feature: You can now see the priority on the WO Instructions report.
- New Feature: You can now see the priority on the WO report.
- New Feature: You can now create your own payment methods.
- New Feature: You can now set multiple Bill Dates/Ref No's on one PO without exporting to QuickBooks in between.
- New Feature: You can now set a module option to uncheck the "To Be Printed" option in QuickBooks.
- New Feature: You now have the option to not send sales order detail notes to the QB memo field.
2013.1 Release Notes - 12/20/2012 Template:Top
- Added Total Cost column to step 1 of reconcile wizard.
- Added Subtotal to summary step of reconcile wizard (Australia version only).
- New Feature: You can now set default class on BOM, this transfers to the Manufacture Order when adding the BOM to it.
- New Feature: You can now set BOM class through the BOM Import.
- New Feature: You can now set a priority on a Sales Order.
- New Feature: Picks now inherit the pick priority of the Sales Order.
- New Feature: One is now prompted to print a UPS label upon accepting a UPS shipment.
- New Feature: One can now view the next 5 PO's coming in from the SO shortage dialogue by clicking the additional information button.
- New Feature: The cost of items not added to vendor bill will now show separately in the summary step of the reconcile.
- New Feature: The part description has been added to step 3 of the WO Finish Wizard.
2013.0 Release Notes - 12/6/2012 Template:Top
- New Feature: Fishbowl is now integrated with UPS.
- New Feature: Fishbowl can register up to 100 UPS accounts.
- New Feature: You can now get UPS shipping Quotes from the SO module.
- New Feature: You can now get UPS Quotes from the Shipping Module.
- New Feature: You can now Print UPS shipping labels from the Shipping Module.
- New Feature: You can now Print UPS Return Labels from the Shipping Module.
- New Feature: Tracking Numbers and Shipping Costs are automatically written to Fishbowl when a shipment is processed using the UPS buttons in the shipping module.
- New Feature: You can now see what work orders are demanding inventory from the receiving module under the Open Orders tab.
- Change: The details tab of the shipping module has be rearranged.
- Change: Location, Location Group, Carton Count and Total weight have been moved to the details tab.
- Change: Additional Handling, delivery Confirmation and shipper release have been moved to the UPS carton tab.
- A Shipment UPS tab and carton UPS tab have been added for databases integrated with UPS.
- Australian Only: You can now select if a tax rate is for use in sales or purchasing or both.
- Australian Only: You can now only create Average Cost Databases.
- New Feature: Updated to Java 7.
2012.7 Release Notes - 8/9/2012 Template:Top
- Added the ability to sync products with Fishbowl Pipeline.
- Added Service type to the SO report.
- PO item fulfillment dates are set by the vendor lead time.
- You can now import the service type for customers.
- A bar code option has been added to the receiving list report.
- Carton weights now automatically set the sum of their items.
- Hyperlink has been added to the vendor name in the receiving module.
- PO item fulfillment date can be printed on the PO report.
- SO item fulfillment date can be printed on the SO report.
2012.6 Release Notes - 4/19/2012 Template:Top
- Advanced search functionality is available for Sales Order lists.
- Advanced search functionality is available for Part lists.
- Option to get just the inventory changed within a date range.
2012.5 Release Notes - 4/12/2012 Template:Top
- You can now create categories for new calendars.
- You can now view WO on the calendar.
- You can now search by part details in the part module.
- You can now search by part details in the PO module.
- Searches now allow to find similar multi-word strings using quotes.
- Searches now use wild card searches by default.
2012.4 Release Notes - 2/23/2012 Template:Top
- Work orders are automatically added to the calendar.
- Work order duration is determined by the bill of materials estimated time.
- Added "Shipped By" field to the shipping module to log who ships an order.
- Added ability to search by part number and part description in the shipping module.
2012.3 Release Notes - 2/9/2012 Template:Top
- Ability to set default decimal places to see on all reports for quantities, pricing and costs.
- Simplified updating report process.
- Created a Calendar Module in Fishbowl.
- Added a context menu to the calendar to right click Add, Edit, and Delete events.
- Added Ability to edit an event by double clicking.
- Ability to drag to schedule an event with location, start & end time and notes.
- Ability to drag and drop edit existing events on the calendar.
- Created a today button link for the calendar.
- Ability to view by Day, 5 Day, Week, Month.
- Added a 12 month calendar for navigation.
- Back & Forward arrows to navigate the calendar in the viewing pane.
- Ability to schedule All Day events.
- Added edit and view user rights for the calendar.
- A new button has been added to Fishbowl Customer Module that creates customers in Fishbowl Pipeline.
- If you do not have a Pipeline account you can click a sign-up link inside of Fishbowl.
- You can now get Accounts from pipeline that have been converted to customers in batch.
- Add the ability to change the date format for all reports. This is a module option in the reports module.
- Ability to edit notes inline in sales order module.
- Ability to edit notes inline in purchase order module.
- Created a "select needed" button on the serial number panels to auto select the correct number of serial numbers.
- Added the ability to search the product details field in the sales order module.
- Added the ability to search the product details field in the product module.
- When picking for a staged manufacture order the pick will now fulfill any auto committed BTO items along with entered items.
- When saving an entry in Fishbowl that has an associated custom field that is required the custom tab will be automatically displayed.
- Created a search panel in the calendar module.
- Created a Calendar Events report.
- Added a Customer Purchase History button in the sales order module and customer module.
- Ability to add individual SO Items to a Sales Order.
- Ability to save custom fields on a Sales Order.
- Ability to add and update reports.
- Ability to process a payment through Fishbowl.
2012.2 Release Notes - 10/20/2011 Template:Top
- When installing the free trial, an icon is placed on the desktop which will start the server and client.
- Updated iReport to version 4.1.2
2012 Release Notes - 10/11/2011 Template:Top
- Ability to recall the last customer credit card number used as a payment method.
- Added a module option in payment viewer to mask CC numbers from all users.
- Java 7 support.
- Product alerts in Sales Order module.
- Part alerts in Purchase Order module.
- Added option to add default vendor and UPC to new part wizard.
- Added fulfillment date column for SO line items.
- Added fulfillment date column for PO line items.
- Increased the button size in the checkout wizard, details tab, and applicable icons.
- Created a custom receipt footer message in SalesPoint module options.
- Added receipt footer message to SalesPoint default reports.
- Created a user right to limit drop ship in SalesPoint.
- SalesPoint orders are now recorded as "POS type" in the database.
- Summary report now points to the SalesPoint module report rather than the default payment receipt.
- Added a date and time display to the title bar.
- Increased the size of all applicable combo boxes, drop downs, and fields to be touchscreen friendly.
- Created a customer display window for the small POS monitor.
- Created an option to check insufficient inventory by "Available to Pick" or "Available for Sale".
- Ability to recall the last customer credit card number used as a payment method.
- Added a "Total Savings" field that displays in SalesPoint and the customer display.
- Option to default the SalesPoint report to print, preview, or none.
- Ability to export SalesPoint sales receipts in a batch format so multiple receipts are combined.
- Batch memo now includes the sales receipt date range and total sales receipts included.
- Ability to open previous orders.
For prior versions of Fishbowl see the Release Notes Archives page.