Some aspects of the Picking module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Pick creation
- This option controls how picks are created. If By Order is selected, one pick will be created for every item on the order. If By Item is selected, a separate pick will be created for every line item on the order. If By Item Fulfillment Date is selected, all order items with the same fulfillment date will placed be on the same pick.
- Pick method
- This option controls which inventory is picked by default. The pick order is determined by several factors.
- If the part has a default location, the options below will apply first to the inventory in that location, for example, the oldest inventory in that location. If there is no default location, these rules will look at all available inventory, for example, the oldest inventory in all locations.
- If a part has an expiration date, the inventory with the oldest expiration date will be picked first.
- If FIFO (First In, First Out) is selected, the oldest inventory will be selected by default. If LIFO (Last In, First Out) is selected, the newest inventory will be selected by default. If Pick to Clean is selected, the tag or group of inventory with the smallest quantity will be selected by default.
- Default orders per pick
- This option sets the default number of orders to be grouped when clicking the Group button. Picks can also be grouped by highlighting several picks, right-clicking a highlighted pick, and then selecting Group.
- Allow picking from all location groups the user has access to
- With this option on, the Pick Location field will show all locations that a user has access to. If this option is off, only locations that belong to the location group selected for the pick will be visible in the Pick Location field.
- Warn users if picking an expired part
- With this option checked, a dialog box will be displayed warning users if they are picking a part that is expired.
- Update priority when SO priority changes
- With this option checked, the priority of the pick will be updated when the priority of the sales order is changed.
- Assign user to pick on finish
- With this option checked, the username on the pick will be changed to the user that finishes the pick.
- Automatically commit issued sales orders
- This option will automatically commit inventory as soon as a sales order is issued.
- Automatically commit issued work orders
- This option automatically commits inventory as soon as a work order is issued.
- Automatically commit issued transfer orders
- This option automatically commits inventory as soon as a transfer order is issued.
- Automatically finish picks that are automatically committed
- This option will automatically finish any pick that was automatically committed.
- Print pick ticket
- This option sets the default print behavior for the Pick Ticket report. Options include Always, Prompt, or Never.