Fishbowl Inventory is a full-scale inventory solution with a variety of features for every basic process flow. However, companies often have processes that differ from the default functionality. Therefore, Fishbowl offers an assortment of customizable module options. These module options can be found by loading the appropriate module and then clicking the Tools menu at the top of the client and then choosing Module Options from the menu.
- 1 Custom Field Module Options Template:Top
- 2 Location Group Module Options Template:Top
- 3 Manufacture Order Module Options Template:Top
- 4 Monitor Module Options Template:Top
- 5 Part Module Options Template:Top
- 6 Payment Viewer Module Options Template:Top
- 7 Picking Module Options Template:Top
- 8 Pricing Rule Module Options Template:Top
- 9 Product Module Options Template:Top
- 10 Purchase Order Module Options Template:Top
- 11 Receiving Module Options Template:Top
- 12 Reports Module Options Template:Top
- 13 RMA Module Options Template:Top
- 14 Shipping Module Options Template:Top
- 15 Tax Rate Module Options Template:Top
- 16 Transfer Order Module Options Template:Top
- 17 Vendor Module Options Template:Top
Custom Field Module Options Template:Top
- Only Show the Required Custom Fields in the Wizards
- With this option checked, any time the specified custom field is used in a wizard, the custom field is required to be entered before the wizard may be complete. For example, if the Part Custom Field is required, when creating a new part a necessary steps is to enter the required custom field information for the part.
Location Group Module Options Template:Top
- How to Specify Reorder Levels
- Company Wide
- With this option set, it allows reorder levels for parts to be set for all location groups on a company-wide level. All users who have access to this feature will be able to view and manage the levels.
- By Location Group
- With this option checked, reorder levels will be set and specified per location group. All users who have access to this feature will be able to view and manage the levels.
Manufacture Order Module Options Template:Top
- Auto Assign MO Number
- By default Fishbowl will auto-generate the next available number for the Manufacture Order. This number will be generated based off the last number box. This number may be changed at any time. Letters and hyphens may be used; however if letters are used the auto-numbering will only generate the numbers for continual orders.
- Print WO Traveler on WO Start
- Upon starting a Work Order you have the option to print a Work Order Traveler. Within this feature you may choose to have this report always print, prompt to print, or never print when a WO is started.
- Distribute Finished Good costs
Monitor Module Options Template:Top
- Auto Refresh
- When the Auto Refresh is checked, a Refresh Rate (in seconds) must be entered. The Monitor screen will refresh itself based upon the time entered.
Part Module Options Template:Top
- Search in Part Descriptions for drop downs
- With this option checked the part description, not solely the part number, will be searched for an item to be placed on a Purchase Order or Sales Order.
- The tracking subtab allows for the user to create additional tracking methods. As default, Fishbowl will provide Lot number, Revision Level, Expiration Date, and Serial Number tracking. With the new Tracking Module Option, you can now track by the same method multiple times, or you may create and track by your own new methods.
- To create a new method of tracking, choose the New icon located on the Component toolbar. A blank line item will be displayed at the bottom of the Tracking list. Double click on the name, Abbr, and description to enter that information. Next, you will choose the tracking Type for this method. You may choose from the following options:
Text Date Money Quantity Expiration Date Serial Number Count Checkbox
- By default your new tracking method will be set as active. If you wish to inactivate a tracking method at any time, simply uncheck the Active box. The Usage column allows for the user to see how frequently the tracking method is being used. The number shown is the number of parts currently using this tracking method.
- Tracking methods may be deleted or moved in position by using the corresponding delete or move icons from the component toolbar.
Payment Viewer Module Options Template:Top
CREDIT CARD PROCESSING SUBTAB
- Credit Card Requirements
- The Payment Viewer allows for the following information to be required before the credit card may be processed on an order:
- Credit Card Number must be Valid
- Security Code (CV2#)
- Name on Card
- Billing Address
- Billing Postal Code
- Billing Country Code
- Hide credit card number
- An administrative user has the ability to hide credit card numbers from users. For safety reasons, this will allow all users to only view the last 4 digits of the number and the expiration date.
Picking Module Options Template:Top
- Pick Creation
- This option allows you to view the Picking Orders however specified. Fishbowl defaults to view Picking orders by the Order number; however, you may choose to view your Picks by Fulfillment Date or even by Item. Any changes made to the Pick Option will be effective to new orders only. For example, if your pick creation was set by Item, and sales order 2043 had 3 items, it would appear in the Picking module like this: 2043-01, 2043-02, and 2043-03.
- Pick From Tag
- FIFO: Inventory is picked in First In, First Out format. Oldest tags will be depleted first.
- LIFO: Inventory is picked in Last in, First out format. Newer tags will be depleted before older tags.
- Pick to Clean: Inventory with the smallest quantity amount will be picked first.
- Default Orders per Pick
- The value specified here refers to the number of Picks to group together at one time. Orders may be grouped by selecting the Group icon from the Module Toolbar, or by highlighting the chosen picks, right clicking, and selecting Group.
- Allow Picking from all Location Groups User has Access to
- Each user is assigned to a Location Group within the User Module Group | Location Groups Subtab. By default a user will only be able to pick from their assigned location group unless this option is checked. With this option, users are able to pick from all of the Location Groups they have access to with the User Group Module | Rights Subtab.
- Warn Users if Picking an Expired Part
- With this option checked, a dialog box will be displayed warning users if they are picking a part that is expired.
- Print the Pick Ticket
- You have the option to always, prompt, or never print a pick ticket. If you choose to always or prompt the pick ticket to print, it will be done after the pick order has been started.
Pricing Rule Module Options Template:Top
For Pricing Rule and Tier Examples please see 3 Tier Pricing
- Tier 2
- By default, when using Tier 2 pricing the highest price will be taken. This may be changed to take the lowest price by simply selecting "Lower Price" from the given drop down menu.
- Tier 3
- By default, when using Tier 3 pricing the Lowest price will be taken. This may be changed to take the highest price by simply selecting "Higher Price" from the given drop down menu.
- Don't allow calculated prices to be less than...
- With this option checked, your Sales Order price will never be less than the option specified in the given drop down menu. Your options consist of Average Cost, Default Vendor's Cost, Last Cost, List Price, Product Price, or Standard Cost.
Product Module Options Template:Top
- Associated Product Suffix
- The Associated Product Suffix is designed to automatically add a second product to a Sales Order. For example, in some cases such as batteries, you have to charge for a core. A customer who does not return the core part will not be reimbursed the core charge. It is likely you have 2 products tied to the same part; for example part Battery may have product 1 tied to it, but may also have a second product tied to it labeled 'Core-battery'. When the Battery is added to a Sales Order, the Core-battery will also automatically be added. The Core-battery item type may be changed in the product module | details subtab.
Purchase Order Module Options Template:Top
- Auto Assign PO Numbers
- Fishbowl will automatically assign the next available PO number. You may specify the starting assignment by entering a number into the Next Number box. Fishbowl will count up from the number shown here; letters used in a PO number will not change.
- Update Vendor Pricing after new Purchase Orders are created
- With this option checked, when a Purchase order has been created the vendor's last cost will be updated in the Vendor Module Group | Parts Subtab. Any future PO's created with this vendor and part will also auto-fulfill the last cost shown for the item.
- Only Show Vendor Parts in Quick Add
- When adding items to a Purchase Order, the only parts available in the part drop-down will be those listed within the Vendor Module | Parts Subtab of the vendor for whom the order is being created.
- Send Email when Purchase Order is Issued
- Once a Purchase Order has been issued you have the option to prompt yourself to send an email to the vendor. Fishbowl will default to attach a csv file of the purchase order as well. If you do not wish to send a csv file, simply uncheck the option and click ok to save any changes.
- The custom subtab allows for a set message to be displayed on every purchase order; this is a standard notice and allows up to 4 lines of text. The notice will appear next to the order's total at the bottom of your Purchase Order report.
Receiving Module Options Template:Top
- Receive to the Default Receiving Location rather than the part's default location.
- When receiving an item, Fishbowl will receive from the part's default location. Checking this box will allow for the part to be received into the Default Receiving Location instead.
- When receiving an order, you have the option to calculate the landed cost by Cost, Manually, Quantity, Size, or Weight. Whichever landed cost calculation is chosen through the Receiving Module Options will be default for all orders being received and reconciled. You may also choose to have the vendor's last cost be updated upon reconciliation by selecting the corresponding checkbox.
Reports Module Options Template:Top
SELECT REPORTS SUBTAB
- Each module has a default report. The default report is printed when clicking the Print button or selecting Print/Print Preview from the File menu. The default report for a module can be set on the Select Reports subtab by clicking the binocular button next to a module and then selecting the report to be used as the default report.
- Always show Customize Reports dialog
- Checking this box will bring up the customize report dialog box before running any report.
- Default Date Range
- The default date range to use on all reports.
- Default Location Group
- The default location group to use on all reports.
- Default Salesperson
- The default salesperson to use on all reports.
- Price Decimal Place
- The number of digits to show after the decimal for prices.
- Cost Decimal Place
- The number of digits to show after the decimal for costs.
- Qty Decimal Place
- The number of digits to show after the decimal for quantities.
- Date Format
- The default date format for reports.
NOTE: The formatting of numbers in reports (price, cost, quantity, and date) can be customized even more in the Property Module.
RMA Module Options Template:Top
- Auto-Assign RMA Numbers
- Although Fishbowl will automatically assign RMA numbers, you may choose at what number you wish those RMA numbers to begin. The number entered will be the RMA number used on your next RMA.
- Verify RMA Item against Sales Order
- This option allows you to choose if Verify by Order or Don't Verify By Order is selected as default when adding a new line item to the RMA.
- Days RMA is Valid:
- This allows you to specify a time (number of days) in which this RMA is valid.
- Cross Ship Items
- If this selected, this will combine the credit return Sales Order to return the product and the regular Sales Order to send the replacement or substitute into one Sales Order.
- In this tab you can specify Restocking Fees for the part being received. You can specify a Percentage or a Flat rate for the Fee. The Line Description will be the name of the line item added to the credit Sales Order. Most companies will name it, Restocking Fee or something similar.
- Resolve Credit Lines on Receive
- In this tab you can specify an automatic resolution for when the RMA is received in the Receiving module from the Credit Return Sales Order. Check the box to enable this and then select the resolution.
Shipping Module Options Template:Top
SHIP ITEMS SUBTAB
- Fulfill Service/Misc Items on Ship:
- The Module Options menu is found at the top of the shipping module under Tools/Module Options. Once inside the module options, you can select to fulfill Service/Misc Items. To do this, simply select from the drop down menu.
- Print the Packing List:
- You can select when you want your packing slip to print out. From the drop down options of "Print the Packing List" you can select the packing slip to be a prompt, to always have it print out, or never.
- Auto pack shipments:
- Selecting "Auto Pack Shipments" will take away the need to pack an order. All orders will appear as already being packed and ready to ship. If left unchecked, all orders must be packed before they can be shipped.
- Fulfill Shipping line items on Ship:
- Selecting "Fulfill Shipping line items on Ship" will automatically fulfill the shipping line items on the Sales Order. If unchecked, you will need to fulfill them manually within the Sales Order module.
- Send Email when order is Shipped:
- The "Always" option will automatically create the email template for you and attach the packing slip as a pdf file. Selecting "Never" will not create the template for you. Even if "Never" is selected, you can still send an email manually by clicking on the email icon within the packing slip preview.
Tax Rate Module Options Template:Top
- Do you charge Sales Tax?
- If your company charges sales tax, this module option is where that would be specified. Similarly, the charging of sales tax may be reverted by choosing No in this module option. Any changes made to the tax rate through the module options will not take effect until the Fishbowl Client has been restarted.
- Default Tax Rate to use with import orders.
- When a tax rate is added as a flat rate to the Tax Rate Module, it may be set as the default tax rate for any shopping cart imports.
Transfer Order Module Options Template:Top
- Auto Assign TO Numbers
- Fishbowl Inventory automatically assigns transfer order numbers. You may choose the number to be generated by entering it into the Last Number field.
- Transit Location Group
- The Transit Location Group will automatically default as From. However, this option may be changed to have To as the Location Group inventory is being transferred from.
Vendor Module Options Template:Top
- Within the Tools | Module Options of the Vendor Module, an option is given to suggest the volume discount based on the Vendor Cost Rule when the item is added to a Purchase Order. With this option checked, a dialog box will be displayed to the user when a part with Vendor Cost Rules is applied to a Purchase Order with a quantity less than what the Cost Rule specifies. If the Part is added with a quantity that exceeds the Cost Rules, no dialog box is displayed. If the Module Option is not checked, when the Part is added to a Purchase Order with a quantity that exceeds the Cost Rule the discount price will automatically apply. If the Part is added with a quantity less than what the Cost Rule specifies no dialog box will be displayed explaining the Cost Rule.