Difference between revisions of "Module Options"
|Line 238:||Line 238:|
* '''Billing Postal Code'''
* '''Billing Postal Code'''
* '''Billing Country Code'''
* '''Billing Country Code'''
Revision as of 13:19, 25 October 2011
Fishbowl Inventory is a full-scale Inventory solution with a variety of features for every basic process flow. However, at Fishbowl we understand companies have processes that differ from the default functionality provided. Therefore, Fishbowl offers an assortment of Customizable Options to fit your Company's personal needs. The majority of Modules within Fishbowl provide these customizable services and can be found in the Client by going to Tools | Module Options with your mouse on the Module Toolbar. Below is a given list of each Fishbowl Module with options and the functionality the additional features provide.
- 1 Accounting Module Options
- 2 Bill of Material Module Options
- 3 Company Module Options
- 4 Consignment Module Options
- 5 Class Module Options
- 6 Custom Field Module Options
- 7 Location Group Module Options
- 8 The Manufacture Order Module Options
- 9 Monitor Module Options
- 10 Part Module Options
- 11 Payment Viewer Module Options
- 12 Picking Module Options
- 13 Pricing Rule Module Options
- 14 Product Module Options
- 15 Purchase Order Module Options
- 16 Receiving Module Options
- 17 Reports Module Options
- 18 RMA Module Options
- 19 Sales Order Module Options
- 20 SalesPoint Module Options
- 21 Shipping Module Options
- 22 Tax Rate Module Options
- 23 Transfer Order Module Options
- 24 Vendor Module Options
Accounting Module Options
- Attach SO Item Note to QuickBooks Export
If an SO item has a note attached to it on the sales order, it may be exported to QuickBooks if this option is checked.
- Associate multiple Fishbowl customers to one QuickBooks customer
With this option checked, only 1 customer will be created in QuickBooks called FB_Customers. All of the invoices created within Fishbowl will export to QuickBooks within this FB_Customers name.
- Add Customer references to Inventory journal entries
When viewing Journal Entries in QuickBooks, the Customer will be displayed beneath the Name column. If this option is unchecked, the SO number is still tied to the entry via the Memo field.
- Export the Sales Order number as the QuickBooks Invoice Number
With this option checked, the Fishbowl Sales Order number may be exported to QuickBooks as the Invoice number.
- Create a Bill in QuickBooks after reconciling a Receipt
With this option checked, after a Receipt has been reconciled and an export has been made to QuickBooks, a Bill will then be created in QuickBooks.
- Batch SalesPoint sales receipts by customer when exporting to QuickBooks
With this option checked, all SalesPoint orders with the same customer and tax rate at the time of export will be grouped together and exported as one sales receipt to QuickBooks.
- Prefix with the Product Number
With this option checked, the Fishbowl product number is added to the beginning of the description for the QuickBooks invoice item.
- Append Product UOM when different from the default
A Product's UOM may be established within the Product Module as the default UOM. However, the UOM may also be manually changed on the Sales Order if desired. With this option checked, the UOM will be displayed as (UOM = whatever UOM that was established on the SO and is different than default) in the item's description on the QuickBooks invoice.
- Set the invoice item's custom field to be:
This option allows the user to customize the QuickBooks Invoice. Whatever information is specified within the 'Other 1' or 'Other 2' field in the Accounting Module Options will then be shown on the QuickBooks Invoice. The QuickBooks Invoice may be modified by opening an Invoice and choosing Customize | Additional Customization | Columns | Other 1 and Other 2 options.
- Costing Method
This subtab allows you to view the Costing Method currently being used by your company. Your costing method may be Standard Costing, Average Costing, LIFO Costing, or FIFO Costing. Although the costing method may be viewed here, it may not be changed. Costing methods may only be changed upon the creation of a new database.
Bill of Material Module Options
The Bill of Material Module Options are located within the Bill of Materials Module | Tools | Module Options. A screen is displayed that allows the user to customize the Bill of Materials Module in a few different ways:
- Default Type
With the new Fishbowl Inventory 2010 with Manufacturing, the user has the ability to customize the Bill of Material types. By default, Fishbowl will have created Manufacture, Repair, Disassemble, and Maintenance types. Since Manufacture is the most popular BOM type, Fishbowl defaults this as the main type. However, if desired the user may change this default type. Everytime a new BOM is created, whatever is posted here will be set as default. If the user would like to create their own custom BOM types, please see Create a Custom Bill of Materials type.
- Default Auto-Create Type
With the new Fishbowl Inventory 2010 with Manufacturing, the user has the ability to set a variety of different Auto-Create functions. This feature specifies whether or not this BOM item is Never created, created when Short, Always created, or Built to Order. This Module Option allows the user to set a default Auto-Create to be displayed whenever a new BOM is created.
- Search in BOM descriptions for drop downs
When this option turned on, the description may be searched in addition to the BOM number on the Manufacture Order.
Company Module Options
- This option Display Phone Number, Fax, and Email address in company address.
- Banner Filename and Banner Height
- This subtab allows the user to provide access to change prices within the Sales Order, and also within the Point of Sale Module. You may also Prefix your Bar Codes with a data identifier.
Consignment Module Options
- Auto fulfill Transfer Order: This option means that Transfer Orders going out from Consignment Locations will automatically be marked as Fulfilled within the Fishbowl system.
- Auto fulfill Sales Order: This option means that Sales Orders going out from Consignment Locations will automatically be marked as Fulfilled within the Fishbowl system.
- Open order after creation: This option means when you create an order within the Consignment module, you will automatically be taken to that order (within its module).
The Auto-fulfill options will save your company the work of going into each of the involved modules to indicate that work has been accomplished on the order. For example, unless you are using the Auto-fulfill Transfer Order when a TO is created, someone will need to go into the Picking, Shipping, and Receiving modules so as to communicate that the order has been picked, shipped, and received.
Class Module Options
- Use Class Tracking
With this option checked, you may be able to track classes efficiently in QuickBooks. This feature is used mainly for those who are currently tracking classes QuickBooks; if your company does not track classes, this feature may not be applicable.
- Prompt to Assign class if the Default is None.
With Class Tracking turned on, anytime an order has a class field set to default, a warning box will be displayed requesting the user to assign a class.
- Force user to specify class on new Sales Orders
With this option checked, a box will be displayed each time a user tries to Issue or Save a Sales Order. The user will not be able to continue with the order until the class has been specified. The Client will need to be restarted for this option to take effect.
- Force user to specify class on new Purchase Orders
With this option checked, a box will be displayed each time a user tries to Issue or Save a Purchase Order. The user will not be able to continue with the order until the class has been specified. The Client will need to be restarted for this option to take effect.
Custom Field Module Options
- Only Show the Required Custom Fields in the Wizards
With this option checked, any time the specified custom field is used in a wizard, the custom field is required to be entered before the wizard may be complete. For example, if the Part Custom Field is required, when creating a new part a necessary steps is to enter the required custom field information for the part.
Location Group Module Options
- Enable Location Group Tracking
With this option set, it allows reorder levels for parts to be set for all location groups on a company-wide level. All users who have access to this feature will be able to view and manage the levels.
By Location Group
With this option checked, reorder levels will be set and specified per location group. All users who have access to this feature will be able to view and manage the levels.
The Manufacture Order Module Options
The Manufacture Order Module Options are located at the top of the screen beneath Tools | Module Options. This displays a screen that allows you to customize the Manufacture Order Module in a variety of ways.
- Auto Assign MO Number
By default Fishbowl will auto-generate the next available number for the Manufacture Order. This number will be generated based off the last number box. This number may be changed at any time. Letters and hyphens may be used; however if letters are used the auto-numbering will only generate the numbers for continual orders.
- Print WO Traveler on WO Start
Upon starting a Work Order you have the option to print a Work Order Traveler. Within this feature you may choose to have this report always print, prompt to print, or never print when a WO is started.
- Distribute Finished Good costs
Monitor Module Options
Auto Refresh: When the Auto Refresh is checked, a Refresh Rate (in seconds) must be entered. The Monitor screen will refresh itself based upon the time entered.
Part Module Options
- Search in Part Descriptions for drop downs
With this option checked the part description, not solely the part number, will be searched for an item to be placed on a Purchase Order or Sales Order.
The tracking subtab allows for the user to create additional tracking methods. As default, Fishbowl will provide Lot number, Revision Level, Expiration Date, and Serial Number tracking. With the new Tracking Module Option, you can now track by the same method multiple times, or you may create and track by your own new methods.
To create a new method of tracking, choose the New icon located on the Component toolbar. A blank line item will be displayed at the bottom of the Tracking list. Double click on the name, Abbr, and description to enter that information. Next, you will choose the tracking Type for this method. You may choose from the following options:
|Expiration Date||Serial Number|
By default your new tracking method will be set as active. If you wish to inactivate a tracking method at any time, simply uncheck the Active box. The Usage column allows for the user to see how frequently the tracking method is being used. The number shown is the number of parts currently using this tracking method.
Tracking methods may be deleted or moved in position by using the corresponding delete or move icons from the component toolbar.
Payment Viewer Module Options
CREDIT CARD PROCESSING SUBTAB
The Payment Viewer allows for the following information to be required before the credit card may be processed on an order:
- Credit Card Number must be Valid
- Security Code (CV2#)
- Name on Card
- Billing Address
- Billing Postal Code
- Billing Country Code
An administrative user also has the ability to hide credit card numbers from users. For safety reasons, this will allow the user to only view the last 4 digits of the number and the expiration date.
Picking Module Options
- Pick Creation
This option allows you to view the Picking Orders however specified. Fishbowl defaults to view Picking orders by the Order number; however, you may choose to view your Picks by Fulfillment Date or even by Item. Any changes made to the Pick Option will be effective to new orders only. For example, if your pick creation was set by Item, and sales order 2043 had 3 items, it would appear in the Picking module like this: 2043-01, 2043-02, and 2043-03.
- Pick From Tag
FIFO: Inventory is picked in First In, First Out format. Oldest tags will be depleted first.
LIFO: Inventory is picked in Last in, First out format. Newer tags will be depleted before older tags.
Pick to Clean: Inventory with the smallest quantity amount will be picked first.
- Default Orders per Pick
The value specified here refers to the number of Picks to group together at one time. Orders may be grouped by selecting the Group icon from the Module Toolbar, or by highlighting the chosen picks, right clicking, and selecting Group.
- Max Items for Group
When grouping picks together, the value entered into this box specifies the maximum number of line items that may be grouped.
- Allow Picking from all Location Groups User has Access to
Each user is assigned to a Location Group within the User Module Group | Location Groups Subtab. By default a user will only be able to pick from their assigned location group unless this option is checked. With this option, users are able to pick from all of the Location Groups they have access to with the User Group Module | Rights Subtab.
- Warn Users if Picking an Expired Part
With this option checked, a dialog box will be displayed warning users if they are picking a part that is expired.
- Print the Pick Ticket
You have the option to always, prompt, or never print a pick ticket. If you choose to always or prompt the pick ticket to print, it will be done after the pick order has been started.
Pricing Rule Module Options
Tier 1 is always the Product Price
Tier 2 looks for the Highest Price
By default, when using Tier 2 pricing the highest price will be taken. This may be changed to take the lowest price by simply selecting "Lower Price" from the given drop down menu.
Tier 3 looks for the Lowest Price
By default, when using Tier 3 pricing the Lowest price will be taken. This may be changed to take the highest price by simply selecting "Higher Price" from the given drop down menu.
Don't allow calculated prices to be less than .
With this option checked, your Sales Order price will never be less than the option specified in the given drop down menu. Your options consist of Average Cost, Default Vendor's Cost, Last Cost, List Price, Product Price, or Standard Cost.
For Pricing Rule and Tier Examples please see 3 Tier Pricing
Product Module Options
- Associated Product Suffix
The Associated Product Suffix is designed to automatically add a second product to a Sales Order. For example, in some cases such as batteries, you have to charge for a core. A customer who does not return the core part will not be reimbursed the core charge. It is likely you have 2 products tied to the same part; for example part Battery may have product 1 tied to it, but may also have a second product tied to it labeled 'Core-battery'. When the Battery is added to a Sales Order, the Core-battery will also automatically be added. The Core-battery item type may be changed in the product module | details subtab.
Purchase Order Module Options
- Auto Assign PO Numbers
Fishbowl will automatically assign the next available PO number. You may specify the starting assignment by entering a number into the Next Number box. Fishbowl will count up from the number shown here; letters used in a PO number will not change.
- Update Vendor Pricing after new Purchase Orders are created
With this option checked, when a Purchase order has been created the vendor's last cost will be updated in the Vendor Module Group | Parts Subtab. Any future PO's created with this vendor and part will also auto-fulfill the last cost shown for the item.
- Only Show Vendor Parts in Quick Add
When adding items to a Purchase Order, the only parts available in the part drop-down will be those listed within the Vendor Module | Parts Subtab of the vendor for whom the order is being created.
- Send Email when Purchase Order is Issued
Once a Purchase Order has been issued you have the option to prompt yourself to send an email to the vendor. Fishbowl will default to attach a csv file of the purchase order as well. If you do not wish to send a csv file, simply uncheck the option and click ok to save any changes.
- The custom subtab allows for a set message to be displayed on every purchase order; this is a standard notice and allows up to 4 lines of text. The notice will appear next to the order's total at the bottom of your Purchase Order report.
Receiving Module Options
- Receive to the Default Receiving Location rather than the part's default location.
When receiving an item, Fishbowl will receive from the part's default location. Checking this box will allow for the part to be received into the Default Receiving Location instead.
When receiving an order, you have the option to calculate the landed cost by Cost, Manually, Quantity, Size, or Weight. Whichever landed cost calculation is chosen through the Receiving Module Options will be default for all orders being received and reconciled. You may also choose to have the vendor's last cost be updated upon reconciliation by selecting the corresponding checkbox.
Reports Module Options
This tab will show a button in the middle that says refresh. This is used when implementing new report files into you database. Pushing the refresh button will pull a new list of all of the reports in the Fishbowl Reports folders.
This area is used if you would like to specify a different default report to a specific Fishbowl Module. You will see a large list of all the different modules and the default reports currently selected for them. Changing these will change the report that is printed when using File/Print from the module.
This option is used for adding a report that is not currently located in the fishbowl reports directory. You will need to click browse and specify the exact filepath of the report.
This is a very useful option that allows you to specify which default printer each report should print too. This becomes useful when using different printers for different reports such as receipt printers and label printers. These setting can also be set to specific printers in each location group.
The first option in this tab is always the always show customize report dialog. Checking this box will bring up the customize report dialog box before running any report. The next options allow you to specify default date ranges, salesman, or location group filters for all of your reports.
RMA Module Options
The RMA Module Options are located at the top of the screen in the Menu Bar under Tools. This opens up a screen that allows you to customize the RMA in multiple of ways.
The General Module Options allow you to toggle certain Fishbowl features on and off.
- Auto-Assign RMA Numbers Although Fishbowl will automatically assign RMA numbers, you may choose at what number you wish those RMA numbers to begin. The number entered will be the RMA number used on your next RMA.
- Verify RMA Item against Sales Order This option allows you to choose if Verify by Order or Don't Verify By Order is selected as default when adding a new line item to the RMA.
- Days RMA is Valid: This allows you to specify a time (number of days) in which this RMA is valid.
- Cross Ship Items If this selected, this will combine the credit return Sales Order to return the product and the regular Sales Order to send the replacement or substitute into one Sales Order.
In this tab you can specify Restocking Fees for the part being received. You can specify a Percentage or a Flat rate for the Fee. The Line Description will be the name of the line item added to the credit Sales Order. Most companies will name it, Restocking Fee or something similar.
- Resolve Credit Lines on Receive In this tab you can specify an automatic resolution for when the RMA is received in the Receiving module from the Credit Return Sales Order. Check the box to enable this and then select the resolution.
Sales Order Module Options
The Sales Order Module Options are located at the top of the screen in the Menu Bar under Tools. This opens up a screen that allows you to customize the Sales Order Module in multiple of ways.
The General Module Options allow you to toggle on and off certain Fishbowl features.
- Auto-Assign SO Numbers Although Fishbowl will automatically assign SO numbers, you may choose at what number you wish those SO numbers to begin. The number entered will be the SO number used on your next SO.
- Print Invoices from Fishbowl Inventory By default, Invoices are not printed in Fishbowl Inventory (this is done so they can be printed in QuickBooks). You may change that by marking the check box.
- Check Bill of Material Parts when checking inventory Fishbowl is set to check for insufficient inventory when adding an item to a SO. This feature allows Fishbowl to check inventory quantities for Bill of Material items under the Product you are adding to the SO.
- Round unit prices after pricing have been applied You can have Fishbowl round your unit prices to the nearest dollar, after you have applied your have applied any special pricing features. See Misc. SO Features - Special Pricing.
- Verify when the user selects ‘None’ as the Tax Rate When this option is selected, when a user selects “None” in the tax field and then saves the order, the user will be prompted with a message that states, “This order does not have a tax rate assigned. Save anyway?”
- Default the ‘Salesperson’ field to the customer’s default salesperson You can choose to have all salesperson fields default to the one salesperson who is assigned that customer account. You can add a salesperson in the Customer Module, Details tab, Salesperson dropdown field.
- Duplication Rule dropdown field. In the SO module you have the option to duplicate Sales Orders. This option allows 3 different rules for the Salesperson field to follow when duplicating an SO.
- Use the salesperson currently on the Sales Order This will add the Salesperson that is on the order you are duplicating.
- Use the customers default salesperson This will add the Salesperson that is setup in the Customer Module, Details tab for this particular customer.
- Use the current user as the salesperson This will add the user that is duplicating the SO as the Salesperson.
The Custom Module Option allows you to add up to four lines of text that will automatically be printed at the bottom of each of your SOs. You may choose to customize this text any way that you choose. Just highlight the existing text and hit the delete button on your keyboard, then type in whatever you choose and click OK.
SO TO PO SUBTAB
This allows you to Enable/Disable Sales Order to Purchase Order conversion. You then have 3 other options when this is enabled.
- Round Quantities to the Nearest Whole number in the parts UOM This will round the qty from the SO to the nearest whole number in the UOM that part is entered on the PO for.
- Use the Sales Order’s UOM on the Purchase Order
- Combine line items of the same part number If you have 2 different line items on the Sales Order that are the same part only one line item will be added to the Purchase Order for the total quantity of those two lines.
This option allows you to choose the method in which Fishbowl figures your Shipping Costs.
- Standard Shipping allows you to charge a flat fee on all shipments regardless of weight. You will then enter the shipping cost on the SO via a shipping type part at the time it is created.
- Carton Based Shipping means that each order has an individual charge listed on the Shipping Order Invoice depending on weight of good or dollar amount purchased. The shipping charges will be added in the Shipping module per carton. This shipping option is most commonly used when integrated with UPS or FEDEX.
- Default Shipping Product If you choose carton based shipping you will asked to designate a default shipping type part here. (If you don’t have a shipping type part you will need to go into the part module and create a shipping type part and product.)
- Prompt the user when saving if there are no shipping line items When selected, this will prompt the user saving the Sales Order if there isn’t a shipping line on the SO. This is a helpful reminder if you need to make sure shipping is added to each Sales Order that is created.
- Allow users to put Drop Ship items on the Sales Order This limits the ability to change a part to type Drop Ship. If you don’t ever drop ship orders it’s wise to uncheck this option to decrease the chance of mistakes being made.
You may choose how you wish Fishbowl to handle any Emails sent out when your Sales Order is issued. For more information on setting up Emails in Fishbowl (click HERE).
SalesPoint Module Options
The SalesPoint Module Options allow you to personalize SalesPoint and add extra functionality. To access these options, you must open SalesPoint and choose Tools | Module Options from the main menu toolbar.
- Number SalesPoint orders separately from Sales Order
Fishbowl will auto-generate the SalesPoint order number based off the number entered here. If this option is not enabled, then the next sales order number will be used.
- Highlight difference in list price after a Save
If the price of an item is different than the list price, this option will ensure that the price is highlighted with a blue font, even after a save.
- Do not change sales tax for tax exempt customers
Setting this option will prevent SalesPoint from changing the sales tax to 'None' when selecting a tax exempt customer.
- Enable customer display for secondary monitor
Selecting this option will load a separate window that displays the order items, order totals, total savings, etc. This window can be placed on a secondary monitor that faces the customer.
- Enable last card used as a payment option
Selecting this option will show the last credit card used by the customer as a payment option in the checkout wizard.
- Show printer options for credit card receipts
Selecting this option will show an additional print option window before printing a credit card receipt.
- Credit Card Receipt Copies
This option provides the ability to choose how many Credit Card Receipt Copies are printed off after each transaction.
- Default Customer
It may not be necessary to record all SalesPoint customers. Instead, a generic customer can be selected from the drop down list and this customer will be selected each time a new order is created. For more information see Manage POS Customers.
Each computer may be assigned a different register number. This number can then be recalled for historical purposes.
- Insufficient inventory
This option controls which inventory number is used to determine if there is sufficient inventory when adding an item to the order. For more information see Inventory Status Terms.
- Print SalesPoint report
This option determines the print behavior of the default SalesPoint report when finishing the checkout wizard. Options include Print, Preview, or None. To change the default SalesPoint report, see Changing the default SalesPoint report.
RECEIPT FOOTER SUBTAB
The Receipt Footer tab allows you to add a custom message that will print on the bottom of the following SalesPoint reports: POS Receipt, Receipt 2in, and Receipt 3in. You may customize this text any way that you choose. Just highlight the existing text and hit the delete button on your keyboard, then type in the message of your choice and click OK.
Shipping Module Options
SHIP ITEMS SUBTAB
- Fulfill Service/Misc Items on Ship:
The Module Options menu is found at the top of the shipping module under Tools/Module Options. Once inside the module options, you can select to fulfill Service/Misc Items. To do this, simply select from the drop down menu.
- Print the Packing List:
You can select when you want your packing slip to print out. From the drop down options of "Print the Packing List" you can select the packing slip to be a prompt, to always have it print out, or never.
- Auto pack shipments:
Selecting "Auto Pack Shipments" will take away the need to pack an order. All orders will appear as already being packed and ready to ship. If left unchecked, all orders must be packed before they can be shipped.
- Fulfill Shipping line items on Ship:
Selecting "Fulfill Shipping line items on Ship" will automatically fulfill the shipping line items on the Sales Order. If unchecked, you will need to fulfill them manually within the Sales Order module.
- Send Email when order is Shipped:
The "Always" option will automatically create the email template for you and attach the packing slip as a pdf file. Selecting "Never" will not create the template for you. Even if "Never" is selected, you can still send an email manually by clicking on the email icon within the packing slip preview.
Tax Rate Module Options
- Do you charge Sales Tax?
If your company charges sales tax, this module option is where that would be specified. Similarly, the charging of sales tax may be reverted by choosing No in this module option. Any changes made to the tax rate through the module options will not take effect until the Fishbowl Client has been restarted.
- Default Tax Rate to use with import orders.
When a tax rate is added as a flat rate to the Tax Rate Module, it may be set as the default tax rate for any shopping cart imports.
Transfer Order Module Options
- Auto Assign TO Numbers
Fishbowl Inventory automatically assigns transfer order numbers. You may choose the number to be generated by entering it into the Last Number field.
- Transit Location Group
The Transit Location Group will automatically default as From. However, this option may be changed to have To as the Location Group inventory is being transferred from.
Vendor Module Options
Within the Tools | Module Options of the Vendor Module, an option is given to suggest the volume discount based on the Vendor Cost Rule when the item is added to a Purchase Order. With this option checked, a dialog box will be displayed to the user when a part with Vendor Cost Rules is applied to a Purchase Order with a quantity less than what the Cost Rule specifies. If the Part is added with a quantity that exceeds the Cost Rules, no dialog box is displayed. If the Module Option is not checked, when the Part is added to a Purchase Order with a quantity that exceeds the Cost Rule the discount price will automatically apply. If the Part is added with a quantity less than what the Cost Rule specifies no dialog box will be displayed explaining the Cost Rule.