The Magento module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more Magento shopping carts.
The documentation on this page is for the most recent version of the Magento Cart plugin. To get the most recent version, Update Fishbowl.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Magento Cart plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Magento Cart module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Magento Cart-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
In order to connect to Magento, the Magento API must first be configured properly. Follow the steps below to create a role and a user, and then enter the credentials into the Magento module.
Create a SOAP/XML-RPC Role
- Log into the Magento admin dashboard.
- Navigate to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles.
- Click Add New Role.
- Enter a Name, such as Fishbowl.
- Enter the Current Admin Password so that the role can be saved when completed.
- Click Role Resources under Role Information on the left.
- Select All from the Resource Access drop down.
- Click Save Role.
Create a SOAP/XML-RPC User
- Log into the Magento admin dashboard.
- Navigate to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Users.
- Click Add New User.
- Enter a User Name, such as Fishbowl.
- Enter the User Name into the Magento Username field in the integration application.
- Fill out the First Name, Last Name, and Email for the user being created.
- Enter the Current Admin Password so that the user can be saved when completed.
- Create an API Key for the user. This is essentially a password. Confirm the password in the API Key Confirmation field.
- Enter the API Key into the Magento API Key field in the integration application.
- Click User Role from the list on the left.
- Select the role created above.
- Click Save User.
- Open the Magento module and enter the Store URL and the user credentials that were created above.
- Click the Test Connection button to verify that the connection is valid and then click Save.
- Email - Email address to notify regarding integration information. Failed schedules will send an email to this address. Email can be configured on the Email tab of the Company module.
- Magento SKU - The SKU in Magento can be mapped to the SKU or Product Number in Fishbowl.
- Magento Name - The Name in Magento can be mapped to the Product Number or SKU in Fishbowl.
- Short Description - The Short Description in Magento will be mapped to the Description in Fishbowl.
- Description - The Description in Magento will be mapped to the Details in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the schedule right now.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson. This field is required.
- Carrier - When selected, sales orders will be created using this carrier.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Payment Method - Sales orders will be created using this payment method. This field is required.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group. This field is required.
- Customer - When selected, sales orders will be created using this customer for every order. If left blank, unique customer information for each order will be imported from the shopping car. Address information will be imported for each order regardless of customer selection.
- SO Status - Orders can be imported as an estimate, issued, or fulfilled status. Setting orders to fulfilled status will import orders and quick fulfill them.
- Tax Rate - When selected, sales orders will be created using this tax rate.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Use Magento Order Number as SO Number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the Magento order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Magento Order Status - This selection determines which status of Magento orders will be imported into Fishbowl.