Fishbowl Inventory uses Location Groups as a large area of division to keep track of inventory that is stored in various locations. All Locations must be assigned to a Location Group. For example, a Location Group could be considered a main site or warehouse (SLC or MI warehouse), a physical location (a truck, specific areas of the warehouse), etc. A location then could be considered as an area inside the site (either the front of warehouse, or even more specific certain shelves) or physical location (stock of truck, or once again shelves of a specific area in the warehouse).
The following functions are available through the Location Group Module:
- Create new Location Groups
- Activate or Inactivate a Location Group
- Assign a QB Class to a Location Group
- Edit a Location Group
- Assign users to a Location Group
Create a New Location Group Template:Top
Follow the steps below to create a new location group.
- In the Location Group module, click the New button located in the module toolbar.
- Enter the name of the location group in the Name field.
- If Class Tracking is enabled, a class can be assigned to the new location group.
- Under the Users section of the General tab, add users that belong to the new location group by moving them from the Available section to the Members section. This can be done by double-clicking, or by using the blue arrows.
- Click the Save button on the module toolbar to save the new location group.
Some basic locations (Receiving, Shipping, Stock, and Store Front) will automatically be created for the new location group. Locations can be added and modified in the Location module.
Some aspects of the Location Group module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Company Wide
- With this option checked, part reorder levels will be set on a company level. A reorder level will apply to the sum of inventory in all location groups.
- By Location Group
- With this option checked, part reorder levels will be set per location group. A reorder level will apply only to the inventory in the specified location group.