Auto Create opens a wizard to create many locations at once.
Sort Order opens a wizard to modify the location sort order.
Print sends the default module report to the printer.
Create a new location Template:Top
Use the following steps to create a new location.
- Click the New button located on the module toolbar in the Location module.
- Under the General tab, enter a name, description, and location type.
- Choose a location tag. A location tag is a unique number associated with each location. Fishbowl will automatically enter the next available number, or a custom number may be entered. The location tag is primarily used in barcodes and in Fishbowl Mobile. When printing location labels, the barcode contains the location tag number. When the location label is scanned, or the location tag number is entered in places such as Fishbowl Mobile, the location name will automatically be filled in.
- Specify whether the location is the default, available for sale, active, pickable, or receivable. Any boxes left unchecked will deny those functions for this location.
- Click the Save button in the module toolbar.
Locations can also be imported from a spreadsheet.
Inventory tab Template:Top
Auto create locations Template:Top
- The Auto Create button can be used to quickly create a large number of locations.
- For a moderate number of locations, many users may prefer the Locations import.
- For a small number of locations, the locations can be created manually.
Follow the steps below to Auto Create locations.
- Click the Auto Create button on the module toolbar.
- Specify the Location Group for the new locations and then click Next.
- Enter a description for each level. This term will be visible in the location Description field.
- If desired, enter a prefix for each location and a starting number or letter. Fishbowl will automatically increment the number/letter as locations are created. If desired, enter some text as a delimeter/spacer between the levels. Click Next.
The image below shows the locations that are auto created using the settings shown above.
Location sort order Template:Top
The Sort Order will organize your pick according to the order specified in the Location Sort Order. Items on your Pick will be organized according to the placement and order of locations in the Sort Order instead of the placement and order of locations on the sales order.
Click on the Sort Order button located in the module toolbar. Specify the location order you would like your picks to be organized by highlighting the location and clicking on the blue up or down arrow to the right of the sort order wizard. Click OK at the bottom of the Location Sort Order box to save your changes. The order of items will now be arranged according to the Location Sort Order instead of the location arrangement on the sales order.
Location terms Template:Top
- Default location for this location type and group - If you have multiple locations of the same type, you can set one as the default for each location group.
- Available for Sale - If this option isn't selected, inventory in this location will be classified as Not Available.
- Active - Uncheck this checkbox if the location should no longer be used for moving, picking, receiving, etc. This overrides the Pickable and Receivable options (i.e. you cannot have an Inactive Pickable Location).
- Pickable - Unchecking this box will prevent inventory in this location from being picked. This inventory will also be excluded from the Available To Pick total.
- Receivable - Unchecking this box will prevent inventory from being received into this location.
Location types Template:Top
Fishbowl offers several location types. Fishbowl defaults to using some locations for specific functions, while other location types are strictly for internal-use or informational purposes.
- Consignment - Used to store inventory that is on Consignment.
- In Transit - Used to store inventory that is being moved by a Transfer Order.
- Inspection - Could be used to store inventory that is being inspected.
- Locked - Could be used to store inventory that is locked.
- Manufacturing - Used to store inventory that is being used on a Manufacture Order. By default, inventory picked for a work order will be moved to the default manufacturing location for the specified location group.
- Picking - Could be used to store inventory that is being picked.
- Shipping - Used to store inventory that is ready to be Shipped. By default, inventory that has been picked will be stored in the default shipping location for the specified location group.
- Stock - Used to store inventory in the warehouse. Typically, inventory will be Picked from a stock location, unless the part has a default location.
- Store Front - Could be used to store inventory in a location that is accessible to customers.
- Vendor - Could be used to store inventory that is associated with a vendor.