Fishbowl Time is web app that is developed by Fishbowl. Fishbowl Time has functionality for time clocks, overtime, projects, PTO, GPS tracking, QR codes, and more. Fishbowl Time can be used as a standalone product, or integrated as a Fishbowl plugin. To get started, create an account at www.FishbowlTime.com.
Fishbowl Time Documentation
The Dashboard is visible to Admin and Manager level employees. On the Dashboard you can see:
- Current employee count
- Open Payroll
- Open Work Orders
- PTO Requests
- Who is currently clocked in and what they are working on
- A Timeline of clock-ins and clock-outs along with breaks
- A Hours Summary listing the total hours recorded Today, Yesterday, for the current Pay Period, This Week, Last Week and Last Pay Period
For non-admin managers, the Dashboard will display information for only those employees assigned to the department the user is a manager of.
The Time Clock is used by an individual employee to clock-in/clock-out, go on breaks, switch positions and projects and edit or manually add time entries. When clocking in, a user can select a position and a project if these features are enabled. Positions are required when integrating with Fishbowl and Projects are required when integrating with QuickBooks and Fishbowl. You will see the following options after clocking in.
- Start Break - After starting a break, you can click Resume Shift to resume work.
- Start Lunch - After starting a lunch break, you can click Resume Shift to resume work.
- Start or Switch Project - This allows you to either select a project to start working on or switch from one project to another.
- Finish Project - This allows you to close the project that you are working on.
- Add Shift Note - This allows you to make a note on your current shift which can be viewed on the time log entry in Time Clock or Time Cards.
With the necessary access rights, you can manually add a time log by clicking the green plus sign in the top right. To edit a time log entry, simply click on the line to edit. The line will highlight if editing is available and you have the appropriate access rights. The Filter at the top can be used to modify the results that are shown.
- The default date range is the current pay period.
- Select a specific pay period or a custom date range.
- Select a specific project or leave it blank to run for all.
- Search results can be downloaded to CSV by selecting the download button in the top right.
PluginThe documentation on this page is for the most recent version of the Fishbowl Time plugin. To get the most recent version, Update Fishbowl.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Fishbowl Time plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Fishbowl Time module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Manufacturing module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Fishbowl Time-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Open the Fishbowl Time module and enter your username and password.
- Click the Test Connection button and then click the Save button at the top.