- To get started, create a free account at www.FishbowlTime.com.
- Fishbowl Time has several modules that can be accessed from the menu. On larger devices, the menu is displayed on the left. Smaller devices can access the menu by clicking the Menu button near the top-right corner.
- With the menu open, click the module and carefully review each tab to customize Fishbowl Time for your business.
- Fishbowl Time features a simple and intuitive interface. Below is a brief overview of each module, however the easiest way to learn is to explore using a free account at www.FishbowlTime.com.
- Any user can access the User Profile module by clicking their name or photo at the top of the menu. This allows employees to enter their user information, upload a photo, change their password and PIN, etc.
The Dashboard is visible to admins and managers and displays the following items.
- Current employee count
- Open payroll
- Open projects
- PTO requests
- Who is currently clocked in and what they are working on
- A timeline of clock-ins and clock-outs along with breaks
- An hours summary listing the total hours recorded for various time periods (today, yesterday, current pay period, last week, etc).
For non-admin managers, the Dashboard will display information for only those employees assigned to the department the user is a manager of.
The Time Clock module is used by an individual employee to clock-in/clock-out, go on breaks, switch positions/projects, and edit or manually add time entries. When clocking in, a user can select a position and project if these features are enabled in the company settings.
- Start Break - After starting a break, you can click Resume Shift to resume work.
- Start Lunch - After starting a lunch break, you can click Resume Shift to resume work.
- Start or Switch Project - This allows you to either select a project to start working on or switch from one project to another.
- Finish Project - This will change the status of the current project to Closed.
- Add Shift Note - This allows you to make a note on your current shift which can be viewed on the time log entry in Time Clock or Time Cards.
- With the necessary access rights, you can manually add time logs by clicking the Add button, or edit time logs by clicking any line.
- The filter at the top can be used to modify the results that are shown and search results can be downloaded to CSV by clicking the download button at the top.
The Time Cards module is used to view time entries grouped by date or employee. Admins and managers have the ability to modify time entries.
The PTO module is used by employees to view and submit requests for vacation, sick days, and holidays. In addition to their personal PTO requests, admins and managers can view, approve, deny, or delete the PTO requests for the employees they manage.
- Click the Add button to submit a new PTO request.
- Click the filter button to filter the results.
- Current balances are displayed and will update as requests are approved.
- Admins and managers can use the Employee PTO Requests section to view employees time off requests.
- Use the icon buttons to approve, deny, or delete pending requests.
- Balances for each employee are set in the Company Settings.
The Project module displays issued work orders from the Fishbowl integration. If Fishbowl Time is being used as a standalone application, work orders can be manually created in the Project module.
- All projects will display the last activity, budgeted hours, actual hours, and status.
- Click on the Project Number hyperlink to get a detailed view of all time entries that have been logged to this project.
- If your company uses a term other than "Projects", use the Project Settings to modify the name.
- To create a project, click on the Add button at the top and enter the Number, Name, Budgeted hours, etc.
- To edit a project, click on a line and modify the status or any other fields as needed.
The Reports module provides the following features.
The Company Settings module can only be viewed by employees with admin rights. This module features the following tabs that are used to configure Fishbowl Time.
- This section allows you to enter company details such as logo, name, website, etc.
- Click the Add button to add a new employee as well as their hourly rates, overtime rules, sick time, vacation time, permissions, etc.
- Click any line to edit that employee.
- Employees can also be imported and exported by using the buttons near the top-right corner.
- Employees can be organized into departments, and each department can have a manager.
Projects and Positions
- Projects are required when integrating with QuickBooks and Fishbowl.
- The term "Projects" can be modified to match the terminology of your company.
- Positions are required when integrating with Fishbowl.
- After creating the positions, click the Employees tab to enable the applicable positions for each employee.
- This section displays your company settings for pay periods, breaks, PIN length, geo-location, time format, rounding, overtime rules, etc.
- This section allows the creation of various webpages that allow employees to clock in and out. Any device can then be used as a dedicated terminal by locking it to that URL.
- IP Address Restrictions - Setting an IP address restrictions makes it so that the terminal can only be accessed when an employee is connected through the approved IP address. This can be used to restrict employees to only access the time clock while they are connected to internet at their place of work.
- Device Restrictions - Setting device restrictions makes it so that the terminal can only be accessed on devices that have been specifically approved by the account administrator. This can be used to ensure that only specific computers or devices are allowed to access the time clock terminal.
- This section allows you to update your subscription, enter payment method, see payment history, etc.
- Fishbowl Time can be integrated with QuickBooks and QuickBooks online to eliminate double-entry.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Fishbowl Time plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Fishbowl Time module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Manufacturing group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Fishbowl Time-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Enter your username and password in the Fishbowl Time module and then click the Test Connection button.
- Review the settings on the Item Export, Work Order Export, and Labor Import tabs and then click the Save button at the top.
- One of the easiest ways for employees to clock in/out is using QR barcodes and scanning them at an iOS terminal. Clocking in/out is easy and just requires the employee to hold their unique barcode in front of the camera on the iOS terminal.
- Employee barcodes can be printed from the Reports module.
- To lockdown an iOS device so that only the Fishbowl Time app can be used, enable Guided Access.
- An Android app will be released soon.
- Nearly all of the features of Fishbowl Time are accessible by opening a browser on any Android device and entering the URL for one of the terminals.