Fishbowl Shopping Cart:Shopify
The Plugin module, located in the Integrations group, allows several additional modules to be installed. Some plugins are free, and others can be purchased directly from the Plugin module. Click a plugin to the right for more information or scroll down to see a screenshot of each plugin.
The notification icon at the top of the Fishbowl Client will change when plugin updates are available.
- Export Shopify customers with details such as first name, last name, email and more to Fishbowl
- Product Tree as custom collection in Shopify
- Fishbowl product image in Shopify
- Product is taxable or not in Shopify
- Product scope (Global)
- Product weight in kg
- Product SKU
- Product detail
Inventory quantity update
- Update Shopify's inventory data with Fishbowl's Available for Sale quantities
- Simple products (kits and configurable BOMs are not supported)
- Tax mapping
- Carrier mapping
- Discount sync
- Line items – product, price, quantity, status, taxable
- Address - shipping address and billing address
- Shipping cost
- Complete order as fulfilled
Tax Code Update Shipment Export / Order Update
- Tracking information including tracking number and tracking company
- Supports multiple shipments
- Change order status with update message in note
The Fishbowl Shopping Cart application is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows Server operating systems. Below are the installation recommendations.
- The application should be run by the Windows administrator or a user with admin rights.
- The application is designed to be installed on the same computer as the Fishbowl Server application.
- The application should be installed on a computer with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed. This can be downloaded and installed from here.
After receiving the installation .zip file, unzip the file and follow the instructions below.
- Run the Fishbowlntegration.exe file and then click Next.
File:Fishbowl Integration 1.png
- An installation password is required to proceed with the installation. This password will be given at the time of purchase, or entered during the assisted installation by Fishbowl support. Enter the password and then click Next.
File:Fishbowl Integration 2.png
- Review the installation location and then click Next.
File:Fishbowl Integration 3.png
- Choose whether to create a desktop icon and then click Next.
File:Fishbowl Integration 4.png
- Review the installation summary and then click Install.
File:Fishbowl Integration 4a.png
- Choose whether to launch the application and then click Finish.
File:Fishbowl Integration 5.png
- Open the application using the desktop shortcut or by opening the installation directory. NOTE: If the program fails to start, right-click the program or shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
File:Fishbowl Integration Shopify 1.png
Fishbowl settings Template:Top
Follow the steps below to configure the settings related to Fishbowl.
- Click the File menu and select Fishbowl Settings.
File:Shopping Cart Fishbowl Settings.png
- If the ODBC hasn't been configured, follow the instructions here.
- If the server address or port needs to be modified, enter the new values.
- Enter the credentials for the Fishbowl user that will be used for the integration.
- Click Save.
Shopify settings Template:Top
- The details in the Transaction section will be used when importing orders into Fishbowl.
- Sync Product in Shopify - Fishbowl products can be exported to Shopify. All products can be exported, or specific product trees separated by a comma.
- Create new customer - If selected, the customer can also be imported into Fishbowl with the selected details.
- Update Inventory - If this option is selected, the Shopify stock quantity will be updated with the inventory quantity from Fishbowl.
- Sync order in Fishbowl - Select this option to import Shopify orders into Fishbowl.
- Complete order as fulfilled - When an order is completed in Shopify, the order will be fulfilled automatically in Fishbowl.
- Update Shipment and Tracking number - This option will create a Shopify shipment and add the carrier tracking number from the information entered in the Fishbowl shipment.
- Sync Product in Fishbowl - Select this option to import Shopify products into Fishbowl.
The Fishbowl Integration uses. Follow the instructions below to generate an API key.
- Log into the Shopify store, for example https://storename.myshopify.com/admin.
- Click Apps and then click Private Apps.
- Select Create a Private App and enter an app name.
- Enter the Shopify Store URL into the Fishbowl Integration app, for example https://storename.myshopify.com/admin.
- Copy and paste the API Key and the API Password into the Fishbowl Integration app.
- Click the Save button in Shopify.
- Click the Test button in the Fishbowl Integration app to verify that the connection is valid and then click Save.
Application approval Template:Top
The first time that an integrated application attempts to connect to Fishbowl, the application will need to be approved. The app only needs to be approved once. Follow the steps below to approve an integrated app.
- Start the Fishbowl Client and open the Settings module, located in the Setup group.
- Click the Integrated Apps tab.
- Select the integrated app from the list and then click the Approve button.
- The integrated app should now be able to connect successfully.
Follow the steps below to configure the scheduling feature.
- Click the Sync Schedule menu and then select Schedule Setting.
- Enter the sync date and time.
- Enter the number of hours between each scheduled sync.
- Click Save.
When the Fishbowl integration runs from the Task Scheduler, it will show a tray icon in the system tray.
To view the schedule, click the Sync Schedule menu and then select View Schedule. This will display the information about the scheduled synchronization task. The schedule settings can also be deleted from this window.
The View menu gives access to information about the application and what has occurred during synchronization. These are mainly for auditing and support.
- Application Log - The application log provides details about the application with a timestamp and the occurrence.
- Log Message - The log message provides details about errors and successful operations in the Fishbowl/Shopify integration. Information is presented in an HTML tabular format. If any issues or errors in the Fishbowl/Shopify integration arise, Fishbowl support will use this to investigate.
- Reports - Reports of various items such as sales orders, shipping, newly added products, etc. are displayed in CSV format.