The Consignment module, located in the Materials group, is used to track inventory that is sold from a consignment location. Consignment is typically used to transfer inventory to a third-party seller. The inventory in consignment locations can be be replenished based on part reorder levels. In this case, the reorder levels should be specified By Location Group in the Location Group module options.
- 1 Module buttons Template:Top
- 2 Create a new location Template:Top
- 3 Add inventory via transfer order Template:Top
- 4 Add inventory via purchase order Template:Top
- 5 Adjust consignment inventory Template:Top
- 6 Remove inventory via sales order Template:Top
- 7 Remove inventory via transfer order Template:Top
- 8 MODULE OPTIONS
New Location creates a new consignment location.
Print sends the default module report to the printer.
Create a new location Template:Top
Use the following steps to create a new consignment location.
- Click the New Location button located on the module toolbar. Enter a location name, description, and tag number. Each tag number must be unique. Click Generate to automatically generate the next available tag. Determine whether the new location being created is the default for the location type and group, as well as whether it is pickable, receivable, or available for sale. Click Next.
- Generate a new location group or select an existing location group for the consignment location. Click Next.
- Choose a default customer for the new location. Choose an existing customer from the drop-down list, or enter a new customer by clicking the Add New option at the bottom of the list, which displays the New Customer Wizard. For additional information regarding customers, see the Customer module.
File:Consignment add location step 3.png
- Click Finish to save the new consignment location and click OK in the confirmation window. Consignment locations can also be created and edited in the Location module.
Add inventory via transfer order Template:Top
- Double-click on the desired consignment location in the search pane.
- Click the Create TO button on the module toolbar.
- Choose whether to Ship or Move the inventory to the location. If the order is shipped, the order will be sent to the Shipping module. Click Next.
- Choose whether to Auto Replenish or Manually Enter Inventory. Click Next.
- Select a From and a To location group for moving the inventory. Click Next.
- Choose the customer's shipping address. If the order is to be moved, this step will not appear. Click Next.
- Choose the company address to use as a return shipping address. Click Next.
- If using auto replenish, select the desired part and date-range filters and click Finish. If adding parts manually, type each part into the search bar and press Enter, or use the drop-down list to select each part. Click Finish.
If Auto fulfill transfer order is enabled in the Consignment module options, the items will now appear in the Items window for the consignment location.
Add inventory via purchase order Template:Top
Inventory can be be added to a consignment location using a purchase order or a transfer order. Parts must have a vendor specified in the Part module before they can be added to a purchase order. Follow the steps below to create a purchase order in the Consignment module.
- Double-click the desired consignment location in the search pane.
- Click the Create PO button on the module toolbar.
- Choose whether to Auto Replenish the inventory for this location according to the item's reorder levels or to Manually Enter Inventory. Click Next.
- If adding parts manually, type each part into the search bar and press Enter, or use the drop-down list to select each part. Click Finish.
- If Auto Replenish was selected, modify the Reordering Filters as needed. Order will not be created for parts that are above their reorder levels. Click Next.
- Select whether to create the purchase orders in an Issued or Bid Request state. This step will also list the purchase order numbers that are to be created. Click Finish.
Adjust consignment inventory Template:Top
Many Inventory module functions are available within the Consignment module. It is possible to move inventory to a new location, increase and decrease the quantity through cycle count, scrap inventory, and view the serial numbers of a tag.
To make these adjustments, double-click on the consignment location in the search pane. Highlight the inventory item to adjust, and click on the Move button, Cycle button, or Scrap button located on the component toolbar to the right. To view serial numbers for a tag, highlight the item and click on the Tracking button. Moving and adjusting inventory within the Consignment module is handled in the same manner as within the Inventory module. For more information, see Move inventory, Cycle count inventory, and Scrap inventory.
Remove inventory via sales order Template:Top
Once inventory has been sold in a consignment location, a sales order must be created to remove the items from inventory. To automatically fulfill sales order items when an order is created, set the Consignment module options to Auto fulfill sales order.
Follow these steps to create a sales order within the Consignment module.
- Double-click on the desired consignment location in the search pane on the left. Highlight the items to be added to the sales order in the Items list and click the Select button. To add multiple items at once, hold down the shift key while highlighting the desired items. If items and quantities need to be split, highlight the item and click the Split button. Items may also be added to the Selected Items list using the Part drop-down list.
- Click the Create SO button located on the component toolbar to the right of the Selected Items list.
- Select a customer for the sales order. To add a new customer, select Add New at the bottom of the list. Click Next.
- Verify the customer's billing address. It may be edited at this point, if needed. Click Next.
- Verify the customer's shipping address. It may be edited at this point, if needed. Click Next.
- Choose a fulfillment date for the sales order. To select the date on a calendar, click the Calendar button. Click Next.
- If needed, add non-inventory items to the sales order. Click Finish. If the Consignment module options are set to Open order after creation, the order will automatically open in the Sales Order module. Otherwise, click OK in the confirmation window. The quantities of the items on the sales order have now been removed from the inventory of the consignment location.
File:Consignment add items to SO.png
Remove inventory via transfer order Template:Top
Once inventory has been added to a consignment location it may be moved out via a transfer order at any time.
Before creating a Transfer Order, set the Module Options if necessary. In the Consignment Module, choose the desired location from the main screen search panel. A Transfer Order will be created with the items specified beneath the Selected Items section. To add items to the Selected Items section highlight the desired Part, Location, and Tag number and choose the Add to Selected Parts icon. You can also use the Quantity and Part tools to select from the inventory items. Those are handy when you have a very long list of items. Be sure to specify the Quantity prior to selecting the product.
Next to the Selected Items pane, click the Create TO button located on the component toolbar. This will display the Transfer Order Wizard. Step 1 of the Transfer Order Wizard will ask whether you wish to Ship or Move the items. If you choose to ship the items, the order will be required to go through the Shipping Module; however, moving items does not proceed through the shipping module.
Step 2 of the Transfer Order Wizard requires you to choose the Location Group for where the inventory is being transferred to. Depending on the Module Option setting, either the To or From Location Group will be grayed out and may not be modified. Enter the Location Group for either where the inventory is being sent TO, or where the inventory is being sent FROM. Choose Next.
If you chose to Move your inventory, this will be your last step and you may select Finish to complete the Transfer Order Wizard. If, however, you chose to Ship the items, the last 2 steps require address information to be entered before the order may be created.
The last 2 steps provide the customer shipping address and the shipping address for your company. The default address will be highlighted; however you may choose any existing address for that customer.
If the Consignment module options are set to Open order after creation, the order will be displayed in its module. Otherwise, you will receive a message telling you that the Transfer Order was created. If the option is set to Auto fulfill Transfer Order, the items/quantity in the Consignment Location’s inventory will be decreased by the amounts that were on the Transfer Order. Otherwise, the consignment quantities will be reduced as the Transfer Order is processed in the other modules.
Some aspects of the Consignment module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Auto fulfill transfer order
- With this option checked, transfer orders created in the Consignment module will automatically be fulfilled, eliminating the need to pick, ship, and receive the order.
- Auto fulfill sales order
- With this option checked, sales orders created in the Consignment module will automatically be fulfilled, eliminating the need to pick and ship the order.
- Open order after creation
- With this option checked, orders will automatically be opened in the applicable module after they are created in the Consignment module.