Classes provide a way to categorize transactions. The Class Module allows for classes to be created that may be tracked in both Fishbowl and QuickBooks. If a class is set in Fishbowl, the class will export to QuickBooks, allowing QuickBooks reports to be filtered by class.
- 1 About classes Template:Top
- 2 Create a New Class Template:Top
- 3 Edit, Delete, or Disable a Class Template:Top
- 4 Enable or Disable Class Tracking Template:Top
- 5 Some aspects of the Class module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options. MODULE OPTIONS
About classes Template:Top
In QuickBooks, you can use classes to classify your income and expenses by:
- business office or location
- separate properties you own
- any other meaningful breakdown of the business you do
Consider these examples:
- If you had a restaurant with three locations, you might create an Uptown, a Midtown, and a Downtown class for tracking income and expenses by location.
- A farmer might create a class for each enterprise; e.g. Corn, Hogs, and Soybeans.
- At the end of an accounting period, you could create separate reports for each restaurant location. Likewise, the farmer could create separate reports for each farm enterprise.
Create a New Class Template:Top
Follow the steps below to create a new class.
- Open the Class Module that is located in the Accounting Module Group.
- Click the New button from the Module Toolbar.
- To create a main class, select None in the the subclass combo box.
- To create a subclass, select the appropriate parent class in the subclass combo box.
Edit, Delete, or Disable a Class Template:Top
To edit a class, highlight the class line item and click the Edit button in the Module Toolbar. Double-clicking a class will also bring up the edit dialog where the Class Name, Subclass, or Active Status of the class can be edited.
To delete a class, highlight the class line item and click the Delete button in the Module Toolbar. You may not delete a class without first deleting subclasses beneath it.
If a class cannot be deleted the class can be renamed or inactivated. To inactivate or rename a class, follow the edit instruction above.
Enable or Disable Class Tracking Template:Top
Class Tracking can be enabled or disabled in the Class Module Options, which are accessed from the Tools menu.
Some aspects of the Class module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Use class tracking
- QuickBooks can use classes for categorizing transactions. Enabling class tracking in Fishbowl will allow a class to be specified on orders and order items.
- Prompt to assign class if the default is "None"
- With this option checked, a warning will be displayed when saving or issuing an order if an item does not have a class.
- Force user to specify class on new sales orders
- With this option checked, the user will be prompted to enter a class when saving a new sales order.
- Force user to specify class on new purchase orders
- With this option checked, the user will be prompted to enter a class when saving a new purchase order.
- Xero category name