Checkout provides users with the ability to quickly and efficiently create orders for customers at the point of sale. For convenience, Checkout installs a separate icon to the user's desktop so it may be launched independently of the Fishbowl client. Within the Checkout window users have access to the Customer module, the User module, and the Checkout module. The interface is simple and easy to use, especially with a touch screen and a scanner kit. Credit card integration, scanner and barcode capability, as well as multiple receipts and reports provides Checkout with the right professional and practical functionality for any company process.
Checkout is installed automatically every time Fishbowl is installed. To install Checkout, simply run the Fishbowl installer. To purchase a license key that supports Fishbowl Checkout, contact your Account Sales Executive.
The installer has an option to start Checkout automatically on login. Regardless of whether this option is selected, Checkout will be installed in the same directory as the Fishbowl Client. The latest Fishbowl installer can be downloaded by clicking here.
When you login to Checkout, a new order will automatically be created. You may select a customer from the customer drop down or add a new customer by selecting the Add New option from the list. If you do not need to record specific customer information you can set up a default customer in Checkout module options. The default customer will auto-populate each time a new order is created.
A product may be placed on the Checkout order in several ways. The easiest method is to scan the product barcode while the cursor is in the product field. Alternatively, the product can be selected by typing on the keyboard or clicking a product from the product drop down. A new product may be added by choosing the Add New option located at the end of the product list. A user may also click the Add button to perform a more advanced search for the product. Miscellaneous items, subtotals, discounts, and taxes can also be added by using the appropriate buttons on the right side of the interface. These features, and others, can be restricted and controlled by utilizing access rights.
If the product has a serial number or another form of tracking, a pop-up window will be displayed asking for the tracking. The tracking information can typically be entered with a barcode scanner as well.
As items are added to the order, they will also appear in the Customer Display Window. This feature can be turned on in Checkout module options. The Customer Display is a separate window that can be placed on a secondary monitor facing the customer. The window displays order items, order totals, total savings, and more. The visible columns can be customized by right-clicking on the column header, and then selecting the More... menu item. Your company logo will also appear in the bottom-left corner of the window. The company logo can be set on the Details tab of the Company module.
All details of an order item can be edited in-line. Simply click on a cell to enter editing mode. The quantity and order of the items can also be edited with the applicable buttons on the bottom of the interface. Many functions can also be performed using keyboard shortcuts
If you need to put the order on layaway you can simply click the New button and then click Yes in the save dialog. Saved orders can be reloaded by clicking the Open button and selecting the order from the list.
Once all items have been added to the order, click the Checkout button to start the checkout wizard. You may select a payment method such as Cash, Check, or Credit Card. A credit card scanner can be used to enter the required information.
After you have selected the payment method(s), click Process to take payment and fulfill the order.
For more information about handling payments with a point of sale kit, see Cash Drawer Checkout.
The completed Checkout transaction will be sent to the accounting system on the next export. If you would like to minimize the transactions exported to QuickBooks, you can turn on batch exporting in the Accounting Integration module options.
Click the Advanced Search button to search the Custom Fields and the following search options.
Manage Checkout Customers
Default Checkout Customer
Depending on your business, it may not be necessary to record every Checkout customer. Instead, you can set up a generic customer to be your default customer for all Checkout transactions. This customer may still be changed per transaction if necessary. (See Basic Checkout).
If a default customer has not been established, you may do so by creating a new customer and naming them something like Point of Sale. Next, set this newly created customer (or an existing customer) as default within the Checkout module options. Every time an order is created via Checkout, the Point of Sale customer will auto generate. This may be changed per order by simply choosing a new customer from the given drop down menu. If a default customer is not established, then a customer will need to be manually selected for each transaction.
Add a New Customer
A new customer may be created through the Customer Module within the Fishbowl Client, or it may be created through Checkout by choosing the Add New option at the bottom of the Customer drop down menu. For more detailed instructions on the New Customer Wizard, see Create a new customer.
Checkout Using the Cash Drawer Kit
Credit card readers and barcode scanners typically work without configuration by simply inputting characters wherever the cursor is. For cash drawers and receipt printers, follow the instructions that come with the hardware.
Once you have the appropriate software set up on your computer, you are now ready to take advantage of the cash drawer hardware. Simply follow the instructions for a Basic Checkout, however when you finish checking out, the cash drawer will now open. Once the transaction is complete, the Print Option screen will appear. (If this does not happen, you may have turned off this Option in the Checkout module options). Or you may have turned off this option in the Program Options. Choose the Receipt Printer if it is not already set as your Default Printer and click OK.
You will still proceed through the checkout process as you would via a basic checkout; however now you will be able to print receipts from your receipt printer, and will also be able to give change using the cash drawer.
Checkout Credit Returns
When returning items, an order is created in the same way as a normal sale; however, the line items are changed from a sale type to a credit return type.
Start by first creating an order using the basic checkout instructions. After the items to be returned have been added, click on the line item's type column. The option will be given to change the line item to Sale, Drop Ship, or Credit Return. Choose the Credit Return option. You will immediately see the amount beneath the unit price column shown in parenthesis, which signals the amount of money owed to the customer.
After the order has all of the desired items on it, follow through the checkout wizard. When the checkout is complete, an issued SO will be waiting in the Receiving module where the items can then be received into inventory.
Checkout Hot Keys
|New order||Ctrl + N|
|Delete item||Ctrl + Shift + X|
|Add a line item tax rate||Ctrl + Shift + R|
|Add misc item||Ctrl + Shift + M|
|Add discount item||Ctrl + Shift + D|
|Add subtotal item||Ctrl + Shift + S|
|Checkout||Ctrl + Q|
|Add item||Ctrl + Shift + A|
|Associated Price||Ctrl + Shift + P|
|Move line item up||Ctrl + Shift + Up arrow|
|Move line item down||Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow|
|Quantity Up||Ctrl + Shift + Plus(+)|
|Quantity Down||Ctrl + Shift + Minus(-)|
Changing the default Checkout report
The steps below will walk you through the process of changing the default Checkout report:
- Login to Fishbowl and open the Reports module.
- At the top of the screen you will see a tools dropdown menu. Select Tools and click Module Options.
- Go to the Select Reports tab and scroll down to the Checkout section. Click the Search button next to Checkout and select the report you would like to use as the default. Typically, Checkout will use one of the following Sales Order reports: Receipt 2in, Receipt 3in, or POS Receipt. After highlighting the desired report click OK. Your report will now be the default report when selecting File | Print Preview in Checkout, and when finishing the checkout wizard in Checkout. If you would like to change the default print behavior for the report when finishing checkout, see Checkout module options.
You may also change the default report that prints after processing a credit card by clicking the Search button next to Credit Card Receipt. To change how many credit card receipts are printed, see Checkout module options.
Accessing other modules
Checkout allows convenient access to some of Fishbowl's other modules. These modules can be loaded by clicking the appropriate Module Group from the menu, and then clicking the desired module.
Point of Sale Register Kit
Fishbowl sells point of sale hardware including cash drawers, barcode scanners, credit card readers, receipt printers, touchscreen monitors, and computers.
To view or purchase the current hardware sold by Fishbowl, click here. All hardware comes with software drivers and instructions.
Some aspects of the Checkout module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Number Checkout orders separately from Sales Order
- With this option on, Checkout orders numbers will be based off the number in the next number field. If this option is off, then the next Sales Order number will be used.
- Next Number
- The characters entered in this field will be used as the next order number. Every time a new order is created, the final group of numbers will be increased by one. For example, Pier1-Order99-LA will be incremented to Pier1-Order100-LA.
- Highlight difference in list price after a 'Save'
- If the price of an item is different than the list price, this option will ensure that the price is highlighted with a blue font, even after a save.
- Do not change sales tax for tax exempt customers
- Setting this option will prevent the sales tax from changing to 'None' when selecting a tax exempt customer.
- Enable customer display for secondary monitor
- Selecting this option will load a separate window that displays the order items, order totals, total savings, etc. This window can be placed on a secondary monitor that faces the customer.
- Show printer options for credit card receipts
- Selecting this option display a window with printer options before printing a credit card receipt.
- Credit card receipt copies
- This option provides the ability to choose how many Credit Card Receipt copies are printed after each transaction.
- Default customer
- It may not be necessary to record all Checkout customers. Instead, a generic customer can be selected from the drop down list and this customer will be selected each time a new order is created. For more information see Manage Checkout Customers.
- Each computer may be assigned a different register number. This number can then be recalled for historical purposes.
- Insufficient inventory
- This option controls which inventory number is used to determine if there is sufficient inventory when adding an item to the order. For more information see Inventory status terms.
- Print Checkout report
- This option determines the print behavior of the default Checkout report when finishing the checkout wizard. Options include Print, Preview, or None. To change the default Checkout report, see Changing the default Checkout report.
- The Receipt Footer tab allows a custom message to be added to the bottom of the following Checkout reports: POS Receipt, Receipt 2in, and Receipt 3in.