File:Calendar.png The Calendar module provides a simple way to create and edit calendar events. Because calendar events are shared with all Fishbowl users, the Calendar module can be used to keep all users up-to-date on important events.
The Calendar module has three basic areas: The button toolbar at the top, the navigation pane to the left, and the viewing area in the middle.
The viewing area has several different calendar views. The view is changed by clicking one of the view buttons located in the button toolbar.
- Day - Shows events for 1 day, including start and end times.
- 5 Day - Shows events for 5 days (Monday - Friday), including start and end times.
- Week - Shows events for 7 days (Sunday - Saturday), including start and end times.
- Month - Shows events for the entire month.
The dates displayed in the viewing area can be controlled in several ways.
- Navigation pane
Clicking a date in the navigation pane will jump to that date in the viewing area. The black arrows at the top of the navigation pane are used to display other years.
- Today link
Today's date is displayed at the top-right corner of the viewing area. Clicking today's date will jump to today in the viewing area.
Create an event Template:Top
A new calendar event can be created in the following ways:
- New button - Clicking the New button in the button toolbar will create a new event that defaults to today's date.
- Keyboard shortcut - A calendar event can also be created by simultaneously pressing Ctrl and N on the keyboard.
- Right-click - To create an event for a specific date/time, right-click the location in the viewing area where the event should be created and select New from the context menu.
- Drag - An event can also be created by clicking the start date/time, and while still holding the mouse button down, dragging the mouse to the end date/time.
Event details Template:Top
When a new event is created, the Calendar Event dialog window will pop-up.
A calendar event has the following details:
- Event (required) - The name or title of the event.
- Location (optional) - The location where the event will occur.
- Start Date (required) - The starting date/time of the event.
- End Date (required) - The ending date/time of the event.
- All day event (optional) - The event will appear as an all day event.
- Notes (optional) - Any additional information about the event.
Red text in the dialog window indicates a required field that still needs to be entered.
Edit an event Template:Top
An event can be edited in the following ways:
- Double-click - Double-clicking an event allows the event details to be edited in the Calendar Event dialog window.
- Right-click - Right-clicking an event and choosing Edit will also display the Calendar Event dialog window.
- Drag - An event can be rescheduled for a new date/time by simply clicking and holding the mouse in the middle of event, and dragging the event to a new date/time.
- Stretch - The duration of an event can be adjusted by placing the mouse on the border of an event and stretching the event in either direction.
Delete an event Template:Top
An event is deleted by right-clicking the event, and choosing Delete from the context menu.
Refresh the calendar Template:Top
The calendar can be refreshed by clicking the Refresh button in the button toolbar. This will update the calendar with any events that have been created or edited by other Fishbowl users.