The Calendar module, located in the General group, provides a simple way to create and edit calendar events. Because calendar events are shared with all Fishbowl users, the Calendar module can be used to keep all users up-to-date on important events.
The Calendar module has three basic areas: The module toolbar at the top, the navigation pane to the left, and the viewing area in the middle.
The viewing area has several different calendar views. The view is changed by clicking one of the view buttons located in the button toolbar.
- Day - Shows events for 1 day, including start and end times.
- 5 Day - Shows events for 5 days (Monday - Friday), including start and end times.
- Week - Shows events for 7 days (Sunday - Saturday), including start and end times.
- Month - Shows events for the entire month.
The dates displayed in the viewing area can be controlled in several ways.
- Navigation pane
Clicking a date in the navigation pane will jump to that date in the viewing area. The black arrows at the top of the navigation pane are used to display other years.
- Today link
Today's date is displayed at the top-right corner of the viewing area. Clicking today's date will jump to today in the viewing area.
- Navigation arrows
The navigation arrows are located at the top-left corner of the viewing area. Clicking the arrows will go to the next day, week, or month, depending on which calendar view is currently selected.
Create an event Template:Top
A new calendar event can be created in the following ways:
- New button - Clicking the New button in the button toolbar will create a new event that defaults to today's date.
- Keyboard shortcut - A calendar event can also be created by simultaneously pressing Ctrl and N on the keyboard.
- Right-click - To create an event for a specific date/time, right-click the location in the viewing area where the event should be created and select New from the drop-down menu.
When a new event is created, the Calendar Event dialog window will be displayed.
A calendar event has the following details:
- Event (required) - The name or title of the event.
- Location (optional) - The location where the event will occur.
- Category (required) - The category of the event.
- Start Date (required) - The starting date/time of the event.
- End Date (required) - The ending date/time of the event.
- All day event (optional) - The event will appear as an all day event.
- Notes (optional) - Any additional information about the event.
Red text in the dialog window indicates a required field that still needs to be entered.
Edit an event Template:Top
An event can be edited in the following ways:
- Double-click - Double-clicking an event allows the event details to be edited in the Calendar Event dialog window.
- Right-click - Right-clicking an event and choosing Edit will also display the Calendar Event dialog window.
- Drag - An event can be rescheduled for a new date/time by simply clicking and holding the mouse in the middle of event, and dragging the event to a new date/time.
- Stretch - The duration of an event can be adjusted by placing the mouse on the border of an event and stretching the event in either direction.
- Delete - An event is deleted by right-clicking the event, and choosing Delete from the drop-down menu.
- To create a new category, right-click the desired parent category and choose New Category from the drop-down menu.
- The color of a category can be customized by clicking the color cell and choosing a color.
- User-created categories can be deleted by right-clicking on the category and choosing Delete Category.
- User-created categories can be renamed by right-clicking on the category and choosing Rename.
- Each user can customize the categories they would like to see by clicking the Display checkbox next to each category.
- To assign an order to a category, right-click the order event on the calendar and select Edit.
- Manually created calendar events will initially be assigned to the default category, which can be set by right-clicking the desired category and choosing Set As Default.
Work orders Template:Top
Issued work orders will automatically be displayed on the calendar according to the scheduled date of the work order.
- The scheduled date of the work order can be modified by dragging the calendar event.
- The initial duration of a work order is determined by the Estimated Time field on the Details tab of the Bill of Materials module.
- The duration of an individual work order can also be modified by stretching the calendar event.
- Double-clicking a work order calendar event will load the work order in the Manufacture Order module.
- To modify the category of the work order, right-click the work order event on the calendar and select Edit.
Sales orders Template:Top
Issued sales orders will automatically be displayed on the calendar according to the scheduled date of the sales order.
- The scheduled date of the sales order can be modified by dragging the calendar event.
- The duration of sales order event can be modified by stretching the calendar event.
- Double-clicking a sales order calendar event will load the sales order in the Sales Order module.
- To modify the category of the sales order, right-click the sales order event on the calendar and select Edit.
Other functions Template:Top
- The calendar can be refreshed by clicking the Refresh button in the button toolbar. This will update the calendar with any events that have been created or edited by other Fishbowl users.
- Click the Search tab at the top of the navigation pane to search for calendar events.
- A list of user-created calendar events can be printed by clicking the Print button.