The BI Script module, located in the General group, allows the creation of Business Intelligence (BI) scripts, which are used to display robust HTML reports. These reports can be saved, printed, or displayed in the Dashboard module. Fishbowl includes several scripts for free. To purchase a custom script, contact reports.
BI scripts can also be viewed by adding them to the Dashboard module.
The following buttons are located at the top of the module.
- New creates a new Page. Click the drop-down arrow to create a new Template, Style, or Script.
- Import allows BI scripts to be imported from a JSON file.
- Save will save changes to the file that is currently open.
- Delete will delete the file that is currently open.
- Duplicate will create a duplicate of the file that is currently open.
- Email opens a window to compose an email. If the module's default report is specified, the PDF report will be attached. Email can be configured on the Email tab tab of the Setup module.
- Print sends the default module report to the printer.
- How To opens this article in a web browser.
- Refresh reloads whatever is currently open in the module.
The following buttons are located on the component toolbar to the right. The Include... buttons will insert the name of an item at the current cursor position.
- The Preview Page button shows a preview of any Page.
- The Include script button inserts the name of a saved Script, Style, or Template.
- The Include parameter button inserts the name of a built-in parameter.
- The Save script to file button saves the file that is currently open as a JSON file.
- To find text in a file, select the text and then press Ctrl + F.
- To replace text in a file, select the text and then press Ctrl + R.
- Built-in scripts, created by Fishbowl, display a lock icon.
- If a built-in script is modified, the original will be prefixed with (FB) and inactivated.
- Inactive scripts can be seen by using the Advanced Search.
- To see changes that have been made to a file, select two version on the History tab and then click the Compare versions button.
- To revert to a previous version of a file, click the Compare versions button, then copy and paste the text from a prior version.
- Items on a pie chart can be hidden by clicking the label in the legend.
- Press Ctrl + C to copy a line of code.
- Press Ctrl + X to cut a line of code.
- Press Ctrl + Y to delete a line of code.
- Press Ctrl + D to duplicate a line of code.
- Press Ctrl + G to jump to a line of code.
- To purchase a custom script, contact reports.