The ShipStation module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with ShipStation's eCommerce shipping software. After an order has been picked in Fishbowl, the order information will be sent to ShipStation. After the order has been processed in ShipStation, carrier, service, tracking number, and carton costs will be sent back to Fishbowl.
- 1 Install
- 2 Setup
- 3 TABS
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the ShipStation plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the ShipStation module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the ShipStation-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Open the ShipStation API Settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the API Key and API Secret.
- Paste the API Key and API Secret into the Store Settings tab of the ShipStation module.
- Complete the Store Settings instructions.
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional Advanced ShipStation options or notes are included at the bottom of each section.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the Advanced ShipStation website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the Advanced ShipStation module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the Advanced ShipStation website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the Advanced ShipStation settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another Advanced ShipStation store.
- Additional Advanced ShipStation information
- Enable Ship Quote Feature
- Use Residential Shipping
- Shipping Item
- Use the order location group's default Main Address
- Use a selected address for all orders
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Order field mapping - Use the mapping table to map Advanced ShipStation order fields to Fishbowl order fields. If no field is mapped to the Fishbowl Order Number, then it will be generated by Fishbowl. If no date field is mapped to the Fishbowl Date Scheduled, then it will be set to the date of import.
- Use currency conversion - Enabling this option will convert order currencies from the Fishbowl customer's default currency to your Fishbowl home currency, using the rates defined in the Currency module. When currency conversion is enabled, some additional fields will be available, including a currency/customer mapping table when Use a Default customer is selected.
- Discount item - Select the flat rate discount type that will be added as a line item to imported orders. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from Advanced ShipStation.
- Default Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Default Class - If there is no class mapped from Advanced ShipStation, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Default Payment Terms - If there are no payment terms mapped from Advanced ShipStation, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Default Shipping Terms - If there are no shipping terms mapped from Advanced ShipStation, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Order number prefix - An order number prefix can be defined which will be applied to order numbers mapped from Advanced ShipStation.
- Additional Advanced ShipStation information
- ShipStation Store - After integration, this field will display the stores configured in your ShipStation account.
- ShipStation Source - After integration, this field will display the sources configured in your ShipStation account.
- Combine all discounts - Enabling this option will sum up all of the line item discounts and apply them as one order discount.
Location Group Settings
- Use a default location group - Select a default location group for imported orders.
- Use location group mapping - Use the table to map location groups between Advanced ShipStation and Fishbowl.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign Advanced ShipStation order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from Advanced ShipStation that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use a Default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as Advanced ShipStation Customer.
- Use the Advanced ShipStation Billing Address - Use the billing address from the Advanced ShipStation order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Advanced ShipStation Shipping Address - Use the shipping address from the Advanced ShipStation order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Advanced ShipStation Customer and Addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the Advanced ShipStation order instead of using a generic customer.
- Name - Select the Advanced ShipStation field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Alternate Name - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- Use default carrier/service - When selected, all orders imported from Advanced ShipStation will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and Advanced ShipStation. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Use carrier mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map carriers between Advanced ShipStation and Fishbowl.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the Advanced ShipStation transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use a default payment method - When selected, all orders imported from Advanced ShipStation will use the selected payment method.
- Use Payment method mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map payment methods between Advanced ShipStation and Fishbowl.
- Always create payments - If no payment data exists for the order from Advanced ShipStation, this option will always create a payment in Fishbowl equaling the order total. If payment mapping is enabled, orders without payment data will show "None" as the payment method type.
- Ignore international payments - Payments will not be created for orders placed outside the United States. This setting is only available if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Currency - Select the currency type you accept in Advanced ShipStation. This is a required setting if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Import Taxes - When selected, the tax amount from the Advanced ShipStation order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from Advanced ShipStation. If taxes are not imported, the Fishbowl payment will equal the order total before tax.
- Use Default Tax Item - With this option selected, the same tax item will be used for all orders.
- Use State Tax Mapping - This option allows different tax items to be used based on the Ship To state/province. If this option is enabled, the plugin will give an error when trying to import an order with a state that has not been mapped.
Order Item Settings
- Item field mapping - Use the mapping table to map Advanced ShipStation order item fields to Fishbowl order item fields. If the Fishbowl price is not mapped, then the price from the Fishbowl product will be used and any applicable pricing rules applied. If the Fishbowl description is not mapped, then the description from the Fishbowl product will be used.
- Shipping item - Select the shipping type product that will be added as a line item to orders when applicable. It will contain the shipping price to be paid by the customer.
- Ignore miscellaneous items - If this option is selected, Advanced ShipStation order items that are not related to an actual Advanced ShipStation product record will be ignored and no Fishbowl line item will be created.
- Enable order import product linking - Advanced ShipStation order items will be matched to Fishbowl products based on the defined field mapping. If the Advanced ShipStation product has been linked by ID to a Fishbowl product, that will take precedence.
- Product field - The Fishbowl product field that will match the selected Advanced ShipStation item field.
- Advanced ShipStation item field - The Advanced ShipStation order item field that will match the selected Fishbowl product field.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
The product import task imports products into Fishbowl from Advanced ShipStation. A product link is created by storing the Advanced ShipStation product ID in Fishbowl. Select ONE of the following options:
- Link existing products - This option will match existing products in Fishbowl and Advanced ShipStation where data matches in the selected fields.
- Import products - This option will import products from Advanced ShipStation into Fishbowl, creating them based on the field mapping and selected settings. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Advanced ShipStation, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ANY of the following options:
- Export new products- Map the fields that should be exported from Fishbowl to Advanced ShipStation. A default weight UOM and size UOM can also be specified. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export all products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to Advanced ShipStation. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Update linked products - This section has the same options as the Export new products section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the Advanced ShipStation button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the Advanced ShipStation module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the Advanced ShipStation.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two Advanced ShipStation versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.