The 3dcart module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more 3dcart shopping carts.
- 1 Install
- 2 Setup
- 3 TABS
- 3.1 Store Settings
- 3.2 Order Import
- 3.3 Fulfillment Export
- 3.4 Product Import
- 3.5 Product Export
- 3.6 Inventory Update
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the 3dcart plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the 3dcart module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the 3dcart-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
Complete the steps below to configure the 3dcart integration.
- Log into the 3dcart admin portal, for example www.mycompany.3dcartstores.com/admin
- Click Modules on the left, expand the REST API module, and then click Change Settings.
- Click the + Add button to add a REST API app to 3dcart.
- Copy and paste the Public Key from the 3dcart module into the Public Key field, and then click + Add.
- Contact Support to obtain the Auth Token and enter it into the 3dcart module.
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional 3dcart options or notes are included at the bottom of each section. System properties also allow advanced options to be enabled for the 3dcart plugin.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the 3dcart website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the 3dcart module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the 3dcart website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the 3dcart settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another 3dcart store.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Order field mapping - Use the mapping table to map 3dcart order fields to Fishbowl order fields. If no field is mapped to the Fishbowl Order Number, then it will be generated by Fishbowl. If no date field is mapped to the Fishbowl Date Scheduled, then it will be set to the date of import.
- Use currency conversion - Enabling this option will convert order currencies from the Fishbowl customer's default currency to your Fishbowl home currency, using the rates defined in the Currency module. When currency conversion is enabled, some additional fields will be available, including a currency/customer mapping table when Use a Default customer is selected.
- Discount item - Select the flat rate discount type that will be added as a line item to imported orders. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from 3dcart.
- Default Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Default Class - If there is no class mapped from 3dcart, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Default Payment Terms - If there are no payment terms mapped from 3dcart, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Default Shipping Terms - If there are no shipping terms mapped from 3dcart, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Order number prefix - An order number prefix can be defined which will be applied to order numbers mapped from 3dcart.
Location Group Settings
- Use a default location group - Select a default location group for imported orders.
- Use location group mapping - This option is disabled in the 3dcart plugin.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign 3dcart order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from 3dcart that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use a Default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as 3dcart Customer.
- Use the 3dcart Billing Address - Use the billing address from the 3dcart order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the 3dcart Shipping Address - Use the shipping address from the 3dcart order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the 3dcart Customer and Addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the 3dcart order instead of using a generic customer.
- Name - Select the 3dcart field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Alternate Name - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- If one address is missing, use the existing address for both the shipping and billing address.
- Use default carrier/service - When selected, all orders imported from 3dcart will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and 3dcart. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Use carrier mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map carriers between 3dcart and Fishbowl.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the 3dcart transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use a default payment method - When selected, all orders imported from 3dcart will use the selected payment method.
- Use Payment method mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map payment methods between 3dcart and Fishbowl.
- Always create payments - If no payment data exists for the order from 3dcart, this option will always create a payment in Fishbowl equaling the order total. If payment mapping is enabled, orders without payment data will show "None" as the payment method type.
- Ignore international payments - Payments will not be created for orders placed outside the United States. This setting is only available if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Currency - Select the currency type you accept in 3dcart. This is a required setting if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Import Taxes - When selected, the tax amount from the 3dcart order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from 3dcart. If taxes are not imported, the Fishbowl payment will equal the order total before tax.
- Use Default Tax Item - With this option selected, the same tax item will be used for all orders.
- Use State Tax Mapping - This option allows different tax items to be used based on the Ship To state/province. If this option is enabled, the plugin will give an error when trying to import an order with a state that has not been mapped.
Order Item Settings
- Item field mapping - Use the mapping table to map 3dcart order item fields to Fishbowl order item fields. If the Fishbowl price is not mapped, then the price from the Fishbowl product will be used and any applicable pricing rules applied. If the Fishbowl description is not mapped, then the description from the Fishbowl product will be used.
- Shipping item - Select the shipping type product that will be added as a line item to orders when applicable. It will contain the shipping price to be paid by the customer.
- Ignore miscellaneous items - If this option is selected, 3dcart order items that are not related to an actual 3dcart product record will be ignored and no Fishbowl line item will be created.
- Enable order import product linking - 3dcart order items will be matched to Fishbowl products based on the defined field mapping. If the 3dcart product has been linked by ID to a Fishbowl product, that will take precedence.
- Product field - The Fishbowl product field that will match the selected 3dcart item field.
- 3dcart item field - The 3dcart order item field that will match the selected Fishbowl product field.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update 3dcart order status - When selected, 3dcart orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. If left blank, Fishbowl will not update the status of the 3dcart order.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
The product import task imports products into Fishbowl from 3dcart. A product link is created by storing the 3dcart product ID in Fishbowl. Select ONE of the following options:
- Link existing products - This option will match existing products in Fishbowl and 3dcart where data matches in the selected fields.
- Import products - This option will import products from 3dcart into Fishbowl, creating them based on the field mapping and selected settings. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in 3dcart, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
Follow the instructions below to import product variants from 3dcart to Fishbowl.
- Open the product on the 3dcart website and click the Options tab.
- Click the Actions menu and select Advanced Options.
- Place a checkmark next to the applicable variants, and then click the Save button.
- When Fishbowl imports a 3dcart product with variants, a Fishbowl product is created for each variant and the Advanced Option Id is stored in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ANY of the following options:
- Export new products- Map the fields that should be exported from Fishbowl to 3dcart. A default weight UOM and size UOM can also be specified. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export all products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to 3dcart. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Update linked products - This section has the same options as the Export new products section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to 3dcart on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that it includes all of your products (or any applicable product tree filter) when updating inventory levels.
- Export company wide inventory - Include inventory quantities from all location groups in the inventory sync. If this option is unchecked, selected location groups can be added by clicking the Add button.
- Inventory Type - Select the inventory quantity that should be used during the update: Available For Sale, Inventory On Hand, or Available To Pick.
- Product Tree filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- Use max inventory quantity - With this option enabled, the maximum inventory quantity sent to 3dcart can be limited. For example, if there is an available quantity of 4000 in Fishbowl, the quantity in 3dcart could be set to 999.
- Include Quantities Available To Build - When enabled, this option calculates and includes available to build quantities from applicable bills of material in the inventory push. When a product is sold individually but also used as an input for a bill of material, both quantities are pushed to the channel when applicable. Please note, this could lead to overselling in the scenario described..
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the 3dcart button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the 3dcart module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the 3dcart.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two 3dcart versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
**This update will require the user to configure additional settings and mapping tables in the plugin. Contact Fishbowl Plugin Support for assistance**
- General UI enhancements
- This update will cause the scheduled tasks to give an error when first loading Fishbowl after updating. Users will need to go into the plugin interface and configure the additional mappings and save settings in order for the scheduled tasks to run properly
- Added ability to link products on order import. Products that were not previously linked using the product import/export tasks can now be linked during the order import task
- Fixed bug in order import when creating a new mapping in Location Group setting's mapping table, shows up blank in the channel Location drop-down
- Added enhancement for inventory sync to have a max qty option
- Added enhancement for inventory update to include "Available to Pick" for inventory type as one of the options
- Added enhancement where order import carrier mapping now has a priority option for "All" that doesn't exist in Fishbowl and causes an error when used for an order
- Added enhancement on order settings and on order items field mapping table including custom fields
- Fixed Typo in the payment panel
- Fixed (for supporting channels)where the image export was not working on the product export task
- Misc items are now supported on order import
- Fixed bug with state tax mapping table giving a bad error when a state was not mapped on an order
- Fixed advanced options error message when enabled and a day of the month wasn't specified
- Fixed advanced options error for order fulfillment task'
- Fixed data mapping error with many to one field mappings on product export
- Changed error message on order import when products are not linked and the order import failed
- Fixed product import and product export mapping issue which was causing errors and limiting many to one field mappings between FB and the channel
- On first load, a data migration task will run migrating carrier and payment mapping table data from the previous version
- On first load, existing scheduled tasks will be removed and need to be recreated by Saving the plugin
- Fixed bug where mapping validation error window appeared
- Fixed bug where smaller screens would cut off data in the Plugin UI
- Added UPC field as a mappable product field for product linking task
- Added option to use a tax mapping table on the order import task
- Fixed bug where the fulfillment task wasn't sending up the shipment tracking
- Various AU version fixes
- Added enhancement option to always record payments on incoming orders even when there is no payment data from the Channel
- Fixed bug when customer PO number did not populate correctly when the user did not have "Assign Channel Name order number to Customer PO field" checked
- Importing order taxes is now optional. With the option to create taxes disabled, if a payment is created the total will reflect the order total without tax
- Fixed bug where order import option to add on order number prefix was not saving
- Multi-currency support for orders and payments created from the channel. Multi-Currency must be turned on in FB
- With multi-currency enabled there is an option to not create payments for international orders
- Fixed bug when QB class setting was not being applied to regular products in orders
- Fixed bug where plugins first loading into a new database displayed pop up windows that should not be there
- Fixed bug when using the default payment method
- Changed so create taxes option is set by default
- Fixed bug for when discount item field was left blank and saved, causing null errors
- Added tracking to shipments on FB for fulfilled orders
- Fixed bug where UI issue did not allow some order import setting panels to be seen
- Fixed bug where panels were not sizing properly on small screens
**Please note, this update will require you to re-enter the order status mapping table data when first loading the plugin**
- Added ability to choose whether to sync on hand vs. available to sale inventory quantity
- Improved status mapping error messages during order import using advanced options and the order status hasn't been mapped
- In the order import tab when using the customer matching option, we now provide an alternative mapping option if the first mapping option does not contain data from the cart
- Fixed bug to reenable editing of existing order status mapping
- Updated POS Import customer settings panel to have the same mapping options as the standard order import
- Updated Test Connection success/fail dialog box
- Added a popup window to notify users about status mapping tables being cleared
- On the Inventory Update tab the location group drop down box is now replaced with a checkbox called "Sync all Location Groups"
- When unchecked, a user-defined table gives the ability to define which location group(s) will be used to sync to the Channel
- Fixed bug when clicking next button sometimes it would bring the mapping back up that user just created in the order status mapping table
- Fixed bug where lines could be added to order status mapping without data
- Added ability to map the SO contact, phone, and email fields when using the "Use default customer" option on the Order Import task
- Added option to add a custom prefix to the shopping cart order number on order import
- Fixed bug where the "On Sale" flag for a product in 3D Cart was being unchecked by the plugin
- If the create payment option is enabled and not payment data comes through with the order, the order now imports rather than fails
- Fixed bug where the wrong inventory quantity was synced in the following scenario:
- When not using a location group (LG) filter and multiple LG's exist in the FB database and
- When one of the LG's has more inventory allocated than inventory available for all LG's combined
Do not skip this version unless installing the plugin for the first time. If you’re planning to update to a later version of Fishbowl, install 18.10 first, update your plugins, and open them so the data migrator (described below) can run. Then update Fishbowl to the desired version.
- Fixed bug where customer order comments not importing into Fishbowl
- Fixed bug when importing a single product we store the id data correctly but when setting the sync date back and import the normal way it will import the product, but the id data doesn't get populated in the FB database
- Fixed bug where inventory updates all linked products instead of the first linked product in the list in FB
- Channel data, such as product IDs, variant IDs, etc. will no longer be stored in custom fields. New database tables will be created for this purpose. Data from your custom fields will be automatically migrated to the database the first time you open the plugin after updating. Data will still remain in the custom fields for reference. The custom fields can be deactivated
- New version number system to match Fishbowl
- Schedule task now gives a count of the items that were imported/exported. Error message will list items that failed
- Will now use the account specified on the payment type (instead of the default) during order import
- Fixed a bug regarding taxes in the Fishbowl Canada version
- Ability to select which date field the Last Sync Date references
- Shipping tax now accounted for in Fishbowl Australia version
- Bug Fixes
- Updated for compatibility with Fishbowl version 2018.7
- Product import tab redesign. Now includes order sync for situations where all products exist in both Fishbowl and the webstore
- Product export tab redesign. Export and update have been separated. It’s now possible to update item fields in the webstore without doing a full product export
- Settings have been relocated. They are now in a new tab
- Added the ability to map a carrier service to an order priority in Fishbowl
- Fixed a bug that was causing settings to not save
- Redesigned Customer section in Order Import tab. **Reconfiguration of the customer settings will be required when you update to this version or beyond
- Addition of a new order status mapping table. You can now import multiple statuses at the same time
- New layout and updated feature set, including new mapping options for Product Import and Product Export
- Fixed a bug where "Not Completed" orders in 3dcart were being imported into Fishbowl
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Improved last sync date functionality
- All plugin syncs now use the product id to sync with 3D cart
- Product options (configurable product options) now sync correctly with Fishbowl
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl
- Issue: Fishbowl creates products in the cart but then fails to import the custom field ID that identifies the product
- Resolution: Custom field data is now entered correctly