Importing/Exporting Product Pricing
Format the Data
This update allows you to do a mass update of product list prices.
You must have the CSV file formatted in a way that Fishbowl knows what to do with the data.
This is easiest to do with a spreadsheet program.
All fields will be of one type:
- Text - A textual value. May contain any character, but if it
contains a line break, comma or double quote, it must be wrapped with double
quotes on both ends. If a field is wrapped, all text must be inside the double
quotes. Double quotes in the text value must be doubled to import properly
Numeric - A decimal number greater than or equal to zero with
up to four digits after the decimal point. The number must not have thousands'
separators in it - 1234.56 is a valid number, while 1,234.56 is not.
CSV Fields Used to Update Product Pricing.
||The product number, SKU, or UPC. Required
||The list price. Required
Creating a CSV file
In order to import your data, you must first export it to a CSV text file.
All major spreadsheet programs can export data in this format. If you do not
know how to export your data to a CSV file, please refer to the documentation
of your spreadsheet program.
When exporting to CSV format, make sure to verify the following:
- The data is formatted properly (see the first section)
- The file must contain column names in the first row, using the column names in the table above.
- Each product to be imported is on its own line
- Commas are used to separate fields
- Text values are surrounded by double quotes