Watch the Fishbowl Quick Tour Video
Fishbowl Manufacturing (FBM) offers advanced work orders, manufacture orders, bills of materials, and other tools you need to maximize efficiency in your production process. Whether you have simple or more complex manufacturing needs, Fishbowl Manufacturing is a great solution for you.
Fishbowl's popular features include:
- Automated custom, batch, and repair work orders.
- Lot tracking and serial number tracking in work orders.
- Detailed work order instructions.
- Multilevel bill of materials.
- Available-to-build calculations, true cost of goods, and yield calculations.
- Powerful MRP features.
- Manufacture order to purchase order functionality.
- Automated work order features based on demand.
Dramatically improve the accuracy and efficiency of your inventory and manufacturing records by using FBM’s barcode-scanning capabilities. Fishbowl Go is an app that can be downloaded onto any iOS or Android phone or warehouse scanner.
You can use Fishbowl Go to:
- Perform cycle counts.
- Retrieve and update detailed part information.
- Finish work orders.
- Move inventory from one location to another.
- Scrap inventory by location.
- Pick, pack, and ship goods.
- Receive items into your warehouse.
- Create and fulfill sales orders.
- Accept signatures on deliveries.
- Take customer payments.
- View live reports and informational charts.
FBM integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks Online and every desktop version of QuickBooks. QuickBooks is a useful accounting solution, but it can't handle inventory management tasks like barcoding, serial number and lot tracking, and advanced bill of materials and work orders. Fishbowl can do these things and many others.
Fishbowl's integration with QuickBooks allows you to:
- Update your inventory and accounting records at the same time.
- Eliminate double data entry and keep your records accurate.
- Integrate with any current version of QuickBooks.
- Keep using the accounting software you're familiar with while adding new features.
Fishbowl integrates with many shopping carts to help you automate your business processes, save time, and prevent order errors. Shortly after a sale is made on one ecommerce platform, it gets sent to FBM. This allows you to automatically import and update products in both Fishbowl and the shopping cart.
Fishbowl currently integrates with:
- Web Shop Manager
Fishbowl tracks inventory across multiple warehouses, and it can also drill down to minute bin locations on a per-shelf level. Get as granular or as broad as you need to. You can even set pick route settings so that no time is wasted walking back and forth between locations. Control who has access rights to specific location groups, and designate a purpose for each sub-location.
Fishbowl helps you manage multiple locations by allowing you to:
- Check inventory levels across multiple locations.
- Analyze inventory valuation and sales trends at each of your warehouses.
- Auto replenish inventory levels by transferring products from one location to another.
- Automatically generate purchase orders with the aid of reorder points.
Advanced Work Orders
FBM is an ideal inventory solution for many types of manufacturers. It allows you to create build-to-order work orders for a variety of tasks. You can also group multiple work orders into overarching manufacture orders, add step-by-step instructions, categorize, prioritize, and schedule work orders, and attach pictures, documents, and notes to them.
With Fishbowl, you can:
- Create build-to-order work orders for products that must be picked to fulfill specific sales orders.
- Create work orders one at a time or in batches.
- Use them for assembly, sub-assembly, disassembly, repair, and other jobs.
- Create work orders for every kind of job, from simple to multitiered.
Multilevel Bill of Materials
Fishbowl's robust Bill of Materials module can work for almost any industry and product, from manufacturing food and drugs with complex units of measure and FDA requirements to creating advanced electronics that require multiple serial numbers. Build BOM's with multiple stages, sub-assemblies, complex units of measure, and multiple finished goods. Fishbowl's BOM's can be as advanced or as simple as you need.
Fishbowl has the ability to:
- Add production stages to a BOM that must be completed in a certain order.
- Create and fulfill multiple BOM’s at the same time.
- Replicate a BOM as many times as you like.
- Easily update quantities and parts in a BOM when necessary.
- Create detailed instructions and even attach pictures for each step of the BOM.
- Attach documents to each BOM via the Fishbowl Drive plugin.
You can create multilevel work orders that utilize production stages or sub-assemblies in FBM. This lets you check what stage each manufacturing job has reached to see if everything is on schedule and to make adjustments when something falls behind. FBM helps you build only what you need and avoid unnecessary waste, but if you do have some waste, it helps you track that, too.
Fishbowl's multilevel manufacturing tools:
- Organize manufacturing jobs by production stages
- Calculate yield and waste estimates for each stage.
- Compare estimates to the actual time it takes to complete each stage.
- Assign tasks to specific workers.
- Schedule tasks to ensure they’re done in the proper order.
- Give real-time inventory levels and production updates.
Inventory management is a critical part of every business. FBM provides powerful inventory management features to help you save time and prevent those dreaded inventory headaches to make sure you know what’s coming into the system via purchase orders and manufacture orders, as well as what’s going out via shipping and raw material consumption. Manage the flow of your inventory through all of your business processes.
Fishbowl helps you:
- Dramatically speed up the receiving process.
- Track products on their way to customers.
- Create reorder points for every item in your warehouse.
- Calculate the ideal reorder quantity for each inventory item.
- Integrate seamlessly with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero, Magento, Shopify, and other solutions.
Labor & Job Tracking
Fishbowl Time is a cloud-based timekeeping solution for tracking employees' hours, overtime, vacation time, payroll, tax status, labor on work orders, available hours for production, and more. A combination of Fishbowl Time and Fishbowl Manufacturing gives you accurate records of labor costs for work orders and other projects.
Fishbowl Time lets you:
- Incorporate labor costs into total costs on work orders.
- Budget labor costs and then compare them to the actual numbers.
- Clock in and out from any Internet-connected device.
- Use GPS tracking to check where employees clock in and out from.
- Calculate taxes and meet other IRS requirements.
Serial Numbers & Lot Numbers
You can use FBM to track each part’s quantity and status by using serial numbers and lot numbers. In addition, expiration dates, revision levels, and batch numbers are available to show you how many raw materials and finished goods you have on hand. These also help with returns, warranties, and recalls.
Use Fishbowl's serial & lot tracking feature to:
- Create custom part tracking for any inventory need.
- Track products by serial, lot, and revision numbers, expiration dates, and custom criteria.
- Access advanced lot history and part audit trails.
- Pick the parts with expiration dates that come first.
Shipping is a basic function of any business, whether it's receiving inventory, transferring items between warehouses, or sending finished goods to customers. Fishbowl integrates with a variety of shipping solutions to automatically generate shipping labels and sync shipping costs, tracking numbers, customer address, weights, and multiple cartons. This ensures your packages get to the right places at the right times.
Shipping is easier with Fishbowl because:
- UPS shipping features are embedded in Fishbowl's interface
- Fishbowl integrates with all major shipping solutions for free, including USPS Endicia, FedEx Ship Manager, and UPS WorldShip.
- Fishbowl's ShipExpress is a free tool that compares shipping costs between the major carriers and makes sure you are getting the best deal.
- Fishbowl also integrates with other shipping programs, such as ShipStation and StarShip, giving you even more shipping options.
Most big retailers have specific formatting requirements for the orders they receive from vendors. FBM integrates with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) solutions to ensure your sales orders and purchase orders get converted into the proper format used by each of the stores you sell products to and purchase items from. This is yet another way FBM automates your business processes.
FBM integrates with the following EDI solutions:
Fishbowl's Sales Order module is so flexible you can use it to upgrade and customize products, automatically generate purchase orders and manufacture orders, and set up pricing tiers for segmented customer groups. Fishbowl also has many ways for you to generate orders, whether from our ecommerce or EDI integrations, CSV imports, orders created on the go from Fishbowl Go, or even Fishbowl's point of sale solution Checkout.
Fishbowl's sales features include:
- Full sales order process from quote creation to pick, pack, and ship.
- Know exactly where each order is in the step of the process.
- Automate sales order creation with ecommerce and EDI integrations.
- Ability to partially fulfill invoices and or batch fulfill orders.
- Full RMA functionality.
- Synchronize your inventory when orders are fulfilled for accurate real-time data.
- Powerful BI and sales reporting tools to better analyze your sales data.
Fishbowl acts as a full MRP in part because of its many purchasing features. For example, you can plan ahead based on scheduled orders. Fishbowl can automatically generate purchase orders when items hit their reorder points, convert manufacture orders into purchase orders for short items, and much more.
Fishbowl's purchasing features help you:
- Save time with Fishbowls robust sales order to purchase order feature.
- Manage vendor relationships, track vendor performance, and calculate lead times.
- Create reorder points for each part by location. Fishbowl can even suggest min/max levels based on inventory trends.
- Set up minimum order quantities and vendor cost rules to guide you in your purchase order creation.
When receiving items, you have the option to calculate their landed costs. By reconciling the purchase order, you can add costs such as shipping, duties, and other fees into the cost of the part, helping you determine the true cost of goods. Find out what your margins really are with Fishbowl’s help.
FBM lets you calculate landed costs by each item’s:
View real-time inventory quantities right from your CRM by integrating FBM with it. Your salespeople can use a mobile device to check on-hand quantities, prices, and other product information. They can also monitor the status of the orders they’ve placed and make sure everything goes smoothly.
FBM integrates with these CRM solutions:
FBM has a number of 3PL tools that help with your transportation and logistics needs. For example, you can create a location group to house many sub-locations under to organize your warehouse into sections, aisles, and shelves. This helps you keep track of your inventory and know where everything belongs.
Additional 3PL features in FBM include:
- Consignment tools to help you sell products through retailers.
- The ability to drop ship items from vendors when they’re not in stock.
- Serial numbers, lot numbers, and custom criteria to track your inventory.
- Barcode scanning through the Fishbowl Go app to pick items, reorder, and more.
With Fishbowl’s powerful BI tool suite, you can determine your manufacturing costs and true cost of goods. Measure the efficiency of your production and order fulfillment, track vendor performance, cross-segment and analyze your customer and sales data, and set up customizable dashboards to get important data at a glance. Schedule reports to be emailed to yourself and other employees on a daily, weekly, hourly, or yearly basis. Fishbowl even offers in-house customizations if you have very specific needs
Use FBM’s BI tools to:
- Generate detailed reports on a variety of business operations.
- Calculate the cost of goods sold, profit margins, and other important data.
- Prevent stockouts by monitoring inventory quantities in multiple locations.
- Use your inventory data to make better decisions.
Fishbowl offers other additional products that augment the already-impressive feature set of Fishbowl Manufacturing.