Effective inventory solution saves time and money; increases profits
SALT LAKE CITY, Oct. 5, 2011 — Fishbowl® released today the most advanced update of its popular Fishbowl Inventory® software in a special 10-year anniversary edition. Available immediately, Fishbowl Inventory 2012 is the first and only enterprise-level solution for small businesses to automate and control everything from inventory to finance for less than most annual renewal fees of more complex and expensive systems.
Fishbowl is the No. 1 selling add-on for QuickBooks, six years running. With the addition of Fishbowl’s SalesPoint™ point-of-sale software and Fishbowl’s cloud application Pipeline Fishbowl Inventory provides the essential tools to manage inventory, process orders, operate a warehouse, print and scan barcodes, and provide sales and payment processing. In a market where margins are shrinking and competition is increasing, Fishbowl Inventory 2012 gives businesses a competitive advantage by reducing expenses, boosting productivity and ultimately increasing profit margins.
“Our easy to implement and simple to use software is a breath of fresh air in a world that is increasingly complex and over-engineered,” said David Williams, Fishbowl CEO. “Fishbowl provides small businesses with a transparent view of their product inventory by giving them more control, making them more efficient, saving them time and money, and ultimately helping them become fiscally strong and able to make sound decisions.”
Fishbowl Inventory 2012 offers the following features:
- Point-of-Sale Integration. Fishbowl Inventory 2012 integrates with SalesPoint to streamline operations for businesses with a backend warehouse and a retail storefront. It provides a more fluid interface of all business operations to the warehouse.
- Customer-Provided Features. Fishbowl Inventory 2012 is the most stable version ever released. Fishbowl’s development group follows Extreme Programing practices to increase software stability, reduce bugs, and quickly implement feature requests and requirements from its customers.
- User-Friendly Interface. The Fishbowl Inventory 2012 interface is continually updated based on customer feedback and is intuitive and easy to use.
- Extends the Life of QuickBooks. Many growing small businesses, once they become midsized, believe they need to replace their QuickBooks accounting system with more complex systems. This is a misconception. Fishbowl Inventory 2012 gives companies everything they need to meet their growth requirements while staying with QuickBooks. Fishbowl does all the heavy lifting while providing all the financial data that companies require.
- Training. To further improve the experience and effectiveness of the solution, Fishbowl provides both onsite and remote installation training and support. Fishbowl experts help business owners strategically apply Fishbowl Inventory directly to their business operations.
"For almost every size and type of business, effective inventory management is essential to company agility, responsiveness and sustainable success," said Michael Dortch, principal analyst at DortchOnIT.com and Constellation Research. "Solutions such as the latest offerings from Fishbowl can provide those companies with both immediate benefits and firm foundations upon which to craft solid planning and management strategies for all business-critical resources."
Later in the year, Fishbowl will release a new customer relationship management (CRM) system for use with Fishbowl Inventory built on its new cloud platform, Fishbowl Pipeline (Beta). The platform leverages the accessibility and mobility of the cloud with the power and functionality of a desktop application—giving users the best of both worlds. Pipeline will bring features like mobile sales and inventory along with access to data on mobile devices such as iPads, tablets and smartphones.
Fishbowl customers can purchase Fishbowl Inventory 2012 with SalesPoint as an add-on by contacting a Fishbowl account manager.
A private company based in Orem, Utah, Fishbowl and its cornerstone product, Fishbowl Inventory, make it possible for every small to midsize company to have the level of flexible and mobile inventory management solutions large organizations enjoy. Fishbowl is the No. 1 requested inventory solution for QuickBooks. For more information, visit www.fishbowlinventory.com.