Fishbowl Manufacturing and Fishbowl Warehouse are a big key to your company’s success. They unlock all sorts of possibilities that allow you to take advantage of new ways of running your business to boost efficiency and more. Here are three inventory systems that Fishbowl allows you to use:
- Top and Bottom System - Reorder products when they start getting low, so you won't have too many or too few
- Backup System - Always have products in reserve so that when they’re reordered, you have enough on hand to avoid shortages
- Three-Tier System - Separate products into three groups: expensive, medium-cost, and inexpensive items and manage each group differently
Get a custom demo of Fishbowl to start using the inventory system that works best for your business!
- Integrate seamlessly with QuickBooks
- Increase your efficiency to save time
- Manage multiple warehouses
- Cut costs by cutting inventory levels
GET STARTED TODAY!
Let’s dig deeper into the inventory systems mentioned above to explore how Fishbowl can help your business implement them successfully.
TOP AND BOTTOM SYSTEM
In order to make this system work, you need to be able to react quickly to changing conditions in your inventory stock levels. As orders come in and shipments go out, your inventory quantities are in a state of constant flux. But you can use Fishbowl’s automatic reorder points to ensure that as soon as a certain item’s quantity gets to a low point, it will automatically reorder more of it so that you will have what you need when you need it. Plus, you won’t accidentally reorder too many items and wind up with a massive overstock.
Fishbowl offers a Reorder Point Calculator that helps you to estimate the reorder point of every item in your inventory by taking a few things into account. These include lead time, safety stock, basic stock, and unit sales per day. These four factors help you to know not only when to reorder, but how much to reorder and keep in reserve to prevent shortages as you wait for new items to come in and replenish your stock.
You can organize your inventory in a variety of ways in Fishbowl. It is possible to use an ABC system to keep your inventory items grouped by their price, size, and other criteria. This can help with how you structure your warehouse and it can help with many other aspects of your warehouse management and order management.