On-site training is a great way to get started with Fishbowl’s software and ensure your whole team is on the same page with its numerous features. During an on-site, a Fishbowl technician comes to your office/warehouse and teaches you one on one how to use the software.
WHY FISHBOWL ON-SITES ARE WORTH IT
Here are three reasons why Fishbowl on-sites are worth it:
1. Train Multiple Workers on the Software at the Same Time
Rather than having your warehouse workers and other employees individually call Fishbowl’s support staff and attempt to get the training they need, you should consider having a Fishbowl expert come to you and train everyone at the same time. This offers a big advantage. Fishbowl’s training experts can get you up and running, and make sure all of your staff gets the training they need, instead of doing it piecemeal.
2. Get In-Depth Answers to Questions
It’s not always easy to get the answers you need over the phone or via emails and online chat. With someone who’s extremely familiar with the software in the same room, you can delve deeply into Fishbowl and both see and hear the answers to your questions.
3. Get Personalized Training
Fishbowl produces a lot of training videos and it has an extensive library of informational content in its Documentation Wiki to answer your Fishbowl-related questions. But those are deliberately kept as general possible to make sure they can speak to businesspeople in a variety of industries. If you really want to get into the nitty-gritty details of how Fishbowl works specifically for your business, you’re better off scheduling an on-site and getting training tailored to best suit you.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR FISHBOWL ON-SITE
Here are eight important things you can do to get the most out of your on-site training from Fishbowl. The more time you take to document your current processes, install the software, and enter your data, the more time your trainer will have to cover advanced topics during the on-site training.
On with the eight ways to prepare yourself for your on-site!
- Designate one person at your company who will be in charge of fully understanding and implementing Fishbowl so you will have your own primary Fishbowl expert. This person will be the main contact for your trainer and will want to be present during the entire training.
- Review, define, and document your business processes to help your trainer fit them somewhere into Fishbowl.
- Spend a lot of time communicating with your trainer before they visit to maximize the time they are on-site with you.
- Install Fishbowl on every computer where you may need the program. Visit the Getting Started page on the Wiki to get detailed instructions to install Fishbowl.
- Contact any Fishbowl partners from which you purchased additional integrations or services so they can have their portion completed before the training.
- Enter as much data as you can into Fishbowl and do any data cleanup or validation that is needed. Here are three ways to enter and validate your data in Fishbowl:
- Enter it by yourself.
- Hire someone else to enter it for you.
- Purchase a full data migration from Fishbowl.
- Prepare any mobile devices you have purchased by charging their batteries and connecting them to your WiFi.
- Set up a training room and equipment (projector or TV with connections and WIFI access) so you can have a high quality training experience. If these are not available, let your trainer know.
As noted before, the more of these tasks you can complete on your own, the more time your trainer will have to:
- Train your employees on their roles in Fishbowl
- Get your data set up correctly
- Help you start using Fishbowl faster
- Cover more advanced functionality and usage
So now you know. Before your on-site training begins, you can ensure you’ll get the most out of it by following the eight steps above. Your trainer will be able to fill in all the blanks after you’ve done all you can beforehand.
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.