We’ve talked about Android, Apple, and Linux, but there’s one more operating system that we should note Fishbowl integrates with: Windows! You can set up and run the Fishbowl server and client on the most recent versions of the Windows operating system. As a result, Fishbowl works well on PCs, and even laptops, tablets, smartphones via a plugin called Fishbowl Anywhere.
We’ll talk more about these aspects of Fishbowl’s integration with Windows below:
- Fishbowl customers have been installing the server and client on Windows computers for more than a decade by following simple, step-by-step instructions.
- You can install and run Fishbowl Manufacturing and Fishbowl Warehouse on the newest Windows version, as well as Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10, plus Windows Server 2008, 2011, and 2012.
- A separate plugin called Fishbowl Anywhere makes it possible to access the Fishbowl client on just about any mobile device through a Web browser.
- Fishbowl integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks in part because QuickBooks’ desktop versions can only be installed on Windows computers.
- While Fishbowl is a desktop solution, it can integrate with online accounting solutions, such as QuickBooks Online and Xero, which don’t have to be installed on a computer.
We’ll return to ecommerce solutions next week when we discuss WooCommerce.
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.