If you’re going to use an Excel inventory management solution, you might as well do it right. That’s why Fishbowl came up with an Excel Inventory Template that you can download and use for free. Click the link above and fill out the form on that Web page with your name and email address to get the template.
This Excel spreadsheet is designed to organize your inventory parts, quantities, vendors, and more in one location. It also helps you know when you’re close to running out of specific items and how many to reorder them when the time comes.
Here are all of the columns in Fishbowl’s Excel Inventory Template:
- Reorder: This tells you when a particular item needs to be reordered.
- Item No.: The number attached to a part or product.
- Name: The name of an item in your inventory.
- Manufacturer: The vendor you order a product from.
- Description: A bit more information about an item.
- Cost per Item: The price paid for an item.
- Stock Quantity: The number of items in stock.
- Inventory Value: Stock quantity x cost per item.
- Reorder Level: The inventory quantity at which an item must be reordered.
- Days per Reorder: The lead time for items being reordered.
- Item Reorder Quantity: The number of items to be reordered.
- Item Discontinued: An item that is no longer available through a manufacturer.
We hope you enjoy this free tool for managing your inventory. And once your company grows and moves beyond this simple spreadsheet’s capabilities, consider Fishbowl as an affordable manufacturing and warehouse management solution. It is made to meet the needs of SMBs like yours, and you’ll be able to make even better use of it than any Excel-based inventory solution.
Sign up for a free trial of Fishbowl’s software anytime!
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.