Fishbowl CEO David K. Williams once told me that one of his biggest goals is to have his employees feel excited to come to work and go home happy every day. Every job has its demands and no company is perfect, but having the right goals definitely leads to positive outcomes.
As a result of its focus on employee well-being, Fishbowl has been honored as one of the 10 best companies in the United States for its employees’ financial health. Fishbowl is the the first Utah-based company to win this award.
The companies chosen as the Principal 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security are held up as role models, setting the standard for excellence in employee benefits.
To be eligible for this award businesses must:
- Be located in the United States
- Employ between five and 1,000 workers
- Provide employee benefits for at least five years
- Not be in any way connected to the organization that gives out the award
Fishbowl was selected as a winner based on a number of factors, which include:
- All of the forms of insurance and other health benefits it offers employees
- How well it accommodates employees’ work-life balance, offers training and development opportunities, educates on financial matters, and promotes a healthy corporate culture
- The company’s employee retention rate
This is not an easy award to win – or even to be in the running for. Winning this award is a testament to Fishbowl’s emphasis on its employees’ well-being. And by keeping its employees happy and healthy, the company continues to be a success year after year, providing affordable manufacturing and warehouse management software to a growing number of businesses.
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.