Fishbowl 2015.8 has arrived, and it really packs a punch! Launched on Thursday, August 13, 2015, this version of Fishbowl Manufacturing and Fishbowl Warehouse has a number of new features that have been highly requested.
Let’s jump right in and start talking about what’s new.
The biggest change is that the Fishbowl Server can now be installed on a Mac. For years, users could access the Fishbowl Client on a Mac, but the server had to be on a different operating system, usually Windows. With this change, the server and client can be installed on PCs, Macs, and Linux devices.
The other major change is that a custom work order can now be created from a sales order and then added to that sales order. You can do this right from the Add SO Item Wizard, which is quite convenient and helpful.
Many Other New Features
Here are a bunch of other new features that are in Fishbowl 2015.8:
- In Fishbowl Manufacturing, you can now convert a work order into a bill of materials with the click of a button. So instead of having to manually create a new bill of materials every time you start on a work order, you can just instantly create a bill of materials.
- You can assign a user to complete a pick instead of it always defaulting to the person who issued the pick.
- When making a shipment, you can now confirm that the shipment information is correct and also enter a ship date.
- In the Inventory module, advanced searches now include even parts that have zero quantity in stock.
- All Dropbox modules are now selected by default instead of having to be turned on manually. Also, Dropbox has recursive files so it remembers the last-used path through sub-folders during a session.
- The Data module has a list of database tables that you can open in multiple windows, if you like.
- You can set a default class on each customer, similar to the feature now available in QuickBooks.
- The Help button, which sends users to the Fishbowl Wiki page that is focused on the module they are currently in when they click it, is now labeled “How To.” This is to avoid confusing it with the Help tab in the menu bar.
Find Even More
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.