It is time once again for an informative episode of Whiteboard Wednesday, Fishbowl’s video series that explains dozens of complex inventory management concepts in just a few minutes.
This week James Shores explains the usefulness of merchant services and some things to consider when choosing your merchant services provider.
Merchant services are an essential part most businesses. They help businesses by processing credit cards from customers and making sure everything is correct before sending the money along to the merchant’s bank or other financial institution.
James suggests you ask a number of questions before making a final decision on who to use for your merchant services:
- Do you do most of your business at a brick-and-mortar store or online?
- What merchant services account type(s) do you need, e.g., MOTO, retail, and/or online?
- How much does a provider charge for their services?
- What point-of-sale and other equipment do they provide?
- How do their customers rate their performance?
- What are their terms and conditions? It’s important to read agreements and legal documents carefully before signing anything.
- How much time will it take to send sales data to your accounting and inventory management software?
Fishbowl Manufacturing and Fishbowl Warehouse integrate with just about any merchant services. Learn more on our Fishbowl Compatibility page.
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.