On the front page of the Fishbowl Wiki you can find a Fishbowl Tip, which changes every time you visit the page. Each tip is randomly selected from the Fishbowl Tips page, which is full of insights into how to use Fishbowl Inventory more effectively.
1. When taking payments in the Sales Order module, hold the Ctrl key to select more than one payment option.
2. Click blue links in the Picking module to get more information on a specific pick, including the order number, customer name, bill of materials specifications, and more.
3. In addition, the Order Info column in the Picking search pane shows you the same information that is accessible by clicking the blue links.
4. You can begin, complete, commit, or combine more than one pick at the same time by right-clicking several orders in the Picking search pane.
5. You can also pack and ship more than one order at the same time by right-clicking several orders in the Shipping search pane.
6. And you can issue, rescind, or delete more than one order at the same time by right-clicking several orders in the Sales Order search pane.
7. Go to the Currency Module Options and click the “Use Currency Conversion” checkbox to enable multi-currency functionality in Fishbowl Inventory.
8. You can use Fishbowl Hot Keys to open modules.
9. Hover your mouse over a button and its Hot Key shortcut will appear. This is helpful in learning the Hot Keys for your most-used modules and functions.
10. Fishbowl Inventory’s UPS Ready integration lets you get shipping quotes, compare prices and delivery times, print labels for packages, and more.
11. You can add custom fields to virtually any module to store information unique to your business.
12. You can customize the format of report dates, currencies, quantities and more in the Reports Module Options.
13. You can rearrange the order of columns in a table by simply clicking and holding a column header and dragging it to a new spot.
14. You can also resize columns by dragging the line between column headers left or right.
15. If you want all the table columns to fit on your screen, right-click one of the column headers and select “Fixed Width Table.”
16. Click the “Show Palette” button to customize the Dashboard on each user’s computer.
17. You can add a company logo in the Company Details section, and it will show up on reports and in SalesPoint.
19. If your products already come in boxes ready for shipping, you can click a checkbox in the Shipping Module Options to automatically pack shipments in order to skip the packing step.
20. Click the globe icon in the address panel to see a customer’s or vendor’s location on Google Maps.
Knowledge is power, so armed with these tips and tricks you’ll be able to more fully take advantage of all that Fishbowl Inventory has to offer.
The Fishbowl Wiki has even more helpful tips than the ones I listed above, so be sure to go check it out. And keep coming back to the Fishbowl Inventory Blog where we publish something new and exciting several times a week.
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.