Christmas is just around the corner. Are your shelves stocked with stocking stuffers? Are your warehouses packed with presents?
During the most wonderful time of the year consumer activity picks up and stores are expected to have everything their customers want right now because they have a deadline, and they don’t want to disappoint their kids, spouses, siblings, or other people they’re buying for.
Here are five things you should do to be prepared for the Christmas season:
1. Use inventory tracking software to stay up to date on your latest inventory counts and reduce the number of shortages you experience.
2. Analyze figures from past Christmas seasons and other sales trends to estimate how much inventory you’ll need this year.
3. Train multiple employees on your inventory management procedures so they can help with orders, returns, and other essential tasks.
4. Optimize your warehouse layout to speed up deliveries and eliminate inefficiencies.
5. Always be on the lookout for ways to improve your operations. Be open to new ideas from your employees and customers.
By following these steps, you’ll be ready for this Christmas and beyond. Inventory tracking software is the gift that keeps giving as you cut costs and improve your ability to meet customer expectations. Get an inventory software demo to learn more.
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.