Welcome to the 100th blog post on the Fishbowl Inventory Blog! In honor of this special occasion, I’ll answer the question: Is Fishbowl Inventory a good inventory management system? Since this is the Fishbowl Blog, you can safely assume the answer to this question is yes, of course. But the real point is to talk about what makes it a good inventory management system.
To paraphrase Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s famous poem, “How do I use thee, Fishbowl? Let me cycle count the ways.” Fishbowl Inventory is useful in so many ways to businesses. Here’s a list of Fishbowl features that, though long, is far from exhaustive:
– Barcoding. Create barcodes with Fishbowl and then scan those barcodes with wireless mobile devices to instantly update inventory records.
– Cycle Counting. Instantly update inventory information on a wireless mobile device as you walk through your warehouse and count the number of products in stock.
– Manufacturing. Create multilevel work orders, bills of materials and manufacture orders to handle both simple and complex manufacturing jobs.
– QuickBooks Integration. Fishbowl’s biggest claim to fame is its seamless integration with QuickBooks. You can continue using QuickBooks for accounting and add Fishbowl’s inventory management tools.
– Shipping. Pick, pack and ship orders fast by quickly locating the right products on a mobile device and then printing packing lists and shipping labels.
– Warehouse Management. Keep track of product locations and amounts in your warehouses so you can quickly compile orders and reorder products only when necessary.
Lean on Me for Tech Support
Beyond its top-notch features, Fishbowl Inventory is also a good inventory management system because it offers excellent customer support. Here are a few of the Fishbowl support resources that can answer your questions and help you get started with the inventory management software:
– Fishbowl Wiki. From software setup to sales order creation, pretty much everything you need to know to use Fishbowl is contained in the Fishbowl Wiki.
– Forums. Do you have a question that isn’t covered anywhere else? Ask it in the Fishbowl Forum. You might even find someone else has already asked your question, as well.
– Initial Training. You can get in-depth training on using Fishbowl Inventory either at your office or at Fishbowl headquarters in Orem, Utah. By the end of this training session, you’ll be well on your way to becoming an inventory management expert!
– Training Videos. Get a quick demonstration of how to use Fishbowl Inventory features in these training videos.
What a Piece of Work Is Managing Inventory
If you’re looking for a good inventory management system, you probably already know that inventory management can be quite challenging. To paraphrase William Shakespeare’s famous line, “What a piece of work is managing inventory.”
Luckily, Fishbowl is here to make inventory management easier. Perhaps that’s the best answer to what makes Fishbowl Inventory a good inventory management solution – it eases businesses’ burdens. To see how Fishbowl can ease your burdens, sign up for a free inventory software demo.