The Monitor module, located in the Materials group, provides a way to monitor inventory quantities for several parts at once. Colorful icons quickly communicate which inventory levels need the most attention. Each Fishbowl user has their own set of watches, allowing them to monitor only the parts that are applicable to them.
New creates a new watch.
Delete deletes the selected watch.
Auto-Create allows multiple watches to be created simultaneously.
Delete All deletes all watches.
Print sends the default module report to the printer.
How To opens this article in a web browser.
Refresh reloads whatever is currently open in the module.
Create a Watch
Click the New button on the module toolbar to create a new watch.
- Part Number - The part to be monitored can be selected from the drop down list or by clicking the Search button.
- Location Group - The part can be monitored using the inventory in a specific location group or company wide inventory.
- Alert Level - If inventory falls below the alert level, the yellow icon will be displayed.
- Critical Level - If inventory falls below the critical level, the red icon will be displayed. The critical level must be less than the alert level.
Edit a Watch
Double-clicking a row in the watch table will open the watch in edit mode. Alternatively, highlight the watch in the table and click the Edit button.
Delete a Watch
To delete a watch, highlight the watch in the table and click the Delete button. All watches can be deleted at once by clicking the Delete All button.
Clicking the Refresh button will update the state of all watches and any quantities that may have changed since the last refresh. Automatic refresh can be enabled in the Monitor module options.
The auto-create wizard provides a way to quickly create many watches based on a part's reorder level. Clicking the Auto-Create button will open a dialog asking for the information needed to auto-create watches.
- Location Group - The location group specifies which inventory and reorder points are used to auto-create watches.
- Delete current Watches - If this box is checked, all existing watches will be deleted before auto-creating the new watches.
- Parts with Quantity on Hand values below the Alert level - If a part's inventory is at or below the part's reorder point, a watch will be created.
- Parts with Quantity on Hand values below the Critical level - If a part's inventory is at or below 50% or HALF of the part's reorder point, a watch will be created.
In both cases, when a watch is created, the watch's alert level will be set to the part's reorder point. The watch's critical level will be set to 50% or HALF of the part's reorder point.
Some aspects of the Monitor module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Auto Refresh
- When the Auto Refresh option is checked, a Refresh Rate (in seconds) must be entered. The Monitor module will automatically refresh at the specified rate.