The Location Group module, located in the Setup group, allows location groups to be created and modified. A location is a specific area such as a shelf, a receiving dock, or a store front. A location group is a collection of locations that are usually in the same general area. For example, a warehouse could be a location group with several locations inside.
Create a location group
Follow the steps below to create a new location group.
- Open the Location Group module and click the New button on the module toolbar.
- Enter the name of the location group in the Name field.
- If class tracking is enabled, a class can be assigned to the new location group.
- To give a user access to the location group, double-click the username in the Available section or use the arrow buttons.
- Click the Save button on the module toolbar to save the new location group.
Receiving, shipping, stock, and store front locations will be created automatically for the new location group. Locations can be added and modified in the Location module. The Default Location tab displays all parts and their default location within the location group. Location groups can also be imported from a spreadsheet.
Inactivate a location group
- Location groups cannot be deleted, however they can be renamed or inactivated by opening the location group and unchecking the Active checkbox and then clicking the Save button.
- Inactive location groups will be removed from the Location Group fields throughout Fishbowl.
- By default, inactive locations will not be visible in the Location Group module search pane. To view and reactivate an inactive location group, select Inactive in the Status field of the search pane.
Some aspects of the Location Group module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Company Wide
- With this option checked, part reorder levels will be set on a company level. A reorder level will apply to the sum of inventory in all location groups.
- By Location Group
- With this option checked, part reorder levels will be set per location group. A reorder level will apply only to the inventory in the specified location group.