Add a new carrier
Follow the steps below to create a new carrier.
- Open the Carrier module and click the New button located on the module toolbar.
- Enter the Name and Description.
- The SCAC (Standard Carrier Alpha Code) is an optional two to four letter code that is used to identify transportation companies.
- To add services to the carrier, click the Add button on the toolbar the right.
- Memos can be added, edited, viewed, and printed on the Memo tab.
- To save the carrier, click the Save button located on the module toolbar.
A customer's default carrier and service can be set on the Details tab of the Customer module. If the customer doesn't have a default carrier, the default carrier specified on the Details tab of the Company module will be used.
Edit, delete, or inactivate a carrier
- To edit a carrier, double-click the carrier in the search pane, make any changes, and then click the Save button located in the module toolbar.
- To delete a carrier, double-click the carrier in the search pane and then click the Delete button located in the module toolbar.
- A carrier cannot be deleted if it is in use by other modules. In this case, a carrier can be inactivated by unchecking the Active checkbox and then clicking the Save button in the module toolbar. To view an inactive carrier, select Inactive in the Status dropdown of the search pane.
- To reset all column layouts to the default, click the Reset Layout button.