Fishbowl sells point of sale hardware including cash drawers, barcode scanners, credit card readers, receipt printers, touchscreen monitors, and computers. This hardware can be used with the Checkout module to streamline the point of sale process.
The instructions below are for older hardware kits. To view or purchase the current hardware sold by Fishbowl, click here.
Credit card readers and barcode scanners simply plug into the computer without any additional software requirements. Both function similar to a keyboard by entering characters in the field where the cursor is. All other hardware should come with drivers and setup instructions. Below are instructions for some of the hardware included in previous kits.
Install Epson Advanced Printer Driver
Follow the steps below to install the driver for an Epson TM-T88IV.
- Download the installer from the Epson site by clicking here.
- Run the installer and proceed with a Standard installation.
- On the Printer Configuration step, click the Add button.
- Select the Epson TM-T88IV Receipt driver, select Create a USB Port, and optionally check the Set as Default Printer option.
- Click Next to proceed through and finish the installation.
Cash Drawer Setup
Follow the steps below to configure the cash drawer with the Epson TM-T88IV.
- Open the Windows Control Panel and open the section that displays printers.
- Right-click the Epson TM-T88IV printer and choose Printing Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Document Settings and highlight Cash Drawer in the list.
- Select Open before printing in the drop down list for Cash Drawer #1 and then click OK.
Symbol Scanner Setup
Before using your new Symbol Scanner you must first set it up to add Enter to the end of anything that is scanned. The Enter portion is expected by Fishbowl to keep each pieces of information separate from one another. In order to program this feature, use your scanner and scan each of the following barcodes in order. This will program the scanner to add an Enter to the end of anything that is scanned.
If you need to have a carriage return/enter after each bar code scanned, scan the following bar codes in order:
- <SCAN OPTIONS>
- <DATA> <SUFFIX>
If you make a mistake, scan the Data Format Cancel bar code
EVO Receipt Printer Setup (POS-X)
Follow the steps below to install the driver for the EVO Receipt Printer.
- Download the driver for the EVO-RP1 by visiting the POS-X website.
- Run the Thermal.exe installer. When prompted, check POS-X Thermal Printer and click the Installation button.
- Verify that the Operating System selection is correct. Select USB in the Printer Port dropdown and then click OK.
- After the installation is complete it may be necessary to restart the computer for all changes to be fully applied.
POS-X touchscreen setup
The following are general instructions for setting up a POS-X touchscreen on a Windows computer:
- Connect the video and USB cables between the touchscreen monitor and the computer.
- Insert the installation CD and open it in Windows Explorer.
- Browse to Common\POS_Touch\Windows\v220.127.116.11 on the installation CD and open Setup_WHQL.exe.
- Complete the installation wizard and take note of where TouchUtility is installed.
- Open TouchUtility in the list of programs, or browse to the directory where TouchUtility was installed.
- If there are multiple monitors connected to the computer, it may be necessary to run Monitor_Matching.exe.
- Run TouchUtility.exe and complete the 9-point calibration.
For other operating systems, open index.htm on the installation CD and follow the links to the correct installer.