Supported Operating Systems
Listed below are the operating systems that are officially supported by Fishbowl and a few tips for running Fishbowl on specific operating systems.
|Windows 10 Pro & Enterprise||Yes (Home edition is not supported)|
|Windows 8 Pro||Yes (Home edition is not supported)|
|Windows 7||Yes (Home edition is not supported)|
|Windows Vista||Yes (Home edition is not supported)|
|Windows Server 2012||Yes (Essentials edition is not supported)|
|Windows Server 2011||Yes (Essentials edition is not supported)|
|Windows Server 2008||Yes|
|Linux, Ubuntu, etc.||Yes See Fishbowl for Linux (Limited Support)|
|Mac OS X 10.7.3 or newer||Yes See Fishbowl for Mac (Limited Support)|
|Mac OS X 10.7.2 or older||No|
- Windows Server 2008
- Exchange runs better is there isn't anything else running at the same time. It is recommended that Fishbowl/QuickBooks server run on a different computer than the Exchange server.
- QuickBooks embeds Internet Explorer and uses many of its functions for viewing and for third party application connections (such as Fishbowl). QuickBooks Support recommends you set your settings to:
- Internet zone: Medium
- Local intranet zone: Medium-low
- Windows Vista and Windows 7
- The permission settings of Windows Vista and Windows 7 can cause issues in Fishbowl. If you are having issues with permissions you may want to try granting all permissions to all users on your Fishbowl and QuickBooks program folders.