SalesPoint provides users with the ability to quickly and efficiently create orders for customers at the point of sale. For convenience, SalesPoint installs a separate icon to the user's desktop so it may be launched independently of the Fishbowl client. Within the SalesPoint window users have access to the Customer module, the User module, and the SalesPoint module. The interface is simple and easy to use, especially with a touch screen and a scanner kit. Credit card integration, scanner and barcode capability, as well as multiple receipts and reports provides SalesPoint with the right professional and practical functionality for any company process.
SalesPoint is installed automatically every time Fishbowl is installed. To install SalesPoint, simply run the Fishbowl installer.
The installer has an option to place a SalesPoint shortcut on the desktop or to start SalesPoint automatically on login. Regardless of whether these options are selected, SalesPoint will be installed in the same directory as the Fishbowl Client. The latest Fishbowl installer can be downloaded by clicking here.
SalesPoint Basic Checkout
When you login to SalesPoint, a new order will automatically be created. You may select a customer from the customer drop down or add a new customer by selecting the Add New option from the list. If you do not need to record specific customer information you can set up a default customer in SalesPoint module options. The default customer will auto-populate each time a new order is created.
A product may be placed on the SalesPoint order in several ways. The easiest method is to scan the product barcode while the cursor is in the product field. Alternatively, the product can be selected by typing on the keyboard or clicking a product from the product drop down. A new product may be added by choosing the Add New option located at the end of the product list. A user may also click the Add button to perform a more advanced search for the product. Miscellaneous items, subtotals, discounts, and taxes can also be added by using the appropriate buttons on the right side of the interface. These features, and others, can be restricted and controlled by utilizing access rights.
If the product has a serial number or another form of tracking, a pop-up window will be displayed asking for the tracking. The tracking information can typically be entered with a barcode scanner as well.
As items are added to the order, they will also appear in the Customer Display Window. This feature can be turned on in SalesPoint module options. The Customer Display is a separate window that can be placed on a secondary monitor facing the customer. The window displays order items, order totals, total savings, and more. The visible columns can be customized by right-clicking on the column header, and then selecting the More... menu item. Your company logo will also appear in the bottom-left corner of the window. The company logo can be set on the Details tab of the Company module.
All details of an order item can be edited in-line. Simply click on a cell to enter editing mode. The quantity and order of the items can also be edited with the applicable buttons on the bottom of the interface. Many functions can also be performed using keyboard shortcuts
If you need to put the order on layaway you can simply click the New button and then click Yes in the save dialog. Saved orders can be reloaded by clicking the Open button and selecting the order from the list.
Once all items have been added to the order, click the Checkout button to start the checkout wizard. You may select a payment method such as Cash, Check, or Credit Card.
To select more than one payment method, hold down the Ctrl key while selecting the payment methods with your mouse. After you have selected the payment method(s), click Next. You will be asked to provide the amount for the payment type you selected. Enter the amount received from the customer and click Next.
The final step of the wizard is a transaction Summary that will display any payments received as well as the subtotal, tax, and total amount paid. If the customer overpaid or needs change, the Change Due will appear in parenthesis. From this screen the user may also choose whether or not to print a receipt for the customer. Default settings for receipt printing are found in SalesPoint module options Click Finish to complete the transaction.
The completed SalesPoint transaction will be sent to the accounting system on the next export. If you would like to minimize the transactions exported to QuickBooks, you can turn on batch exporting in the Accounting module options.
Manage SalesPoint Customers
Default SalesPoint Customer
Depending on your business, it may not be necessary to record every SalesPoint customer. Instead, you can set up a generic customer to be your default customer for all SalesPoint transactions. This customer may still be changed per transaction if necessary. (See SalesPoint Basic Checkout).
If a default customer has not been established, you may do so by creating a new customer and naming them something like Point of Sale. Next, set this newly created customer (or an existing customer) as default within the SalesPoint module options. Every time an order is created via SalesPoint, the Point of Sale customer will auto generate. This may be changed per order by simply choosing a new customer from the given drop down menu. If a default customer is not established, then a customer will need to be manually selected for each transaction.
Add a New Customer
A new customer may be created through the Customer Module within the Fishbowl Client, or it may be created through SalesPoint by choosing the Add New option at the bottom of the Customer drop down menu. For more detailed instructions on the New Customer Wizard, see Create a new customer.
Checkout Using the Cash Drawer Kit
Credit card readers and barcode scanners typically work without configuration by simply inputting characters wherever the cursor is. For cash drawers and receipt printers, follow the instructions that come with the hardware.
Once you have the appropriate software set up on your computer, you are now ready to take advantage of the cash drawer hardware. Simply follow the instructions for a Basic Checkout, however when you finish checking out, the cash drawer will now open. Once the transaction is complete, the Print Option screen will appear. (If this does not happen, you may have turned off this Option in the SalesPoint module options). Or you may have turned off this option in the Program Options. Choose the Receipt Printer if it is not already set as your Default Printer and click OK.
You will still proceed through the checkout process as you would via a basic checkout; however now you will be able to print receipts from your receipt printer, and will also be able to give change using the cash drawer.
Checkout Using the Credit Card Integration
Proceed through the basic checkout until you get to the Payment Methods step. If you have enabled Credit Card Recall in the SalesPoint module options you will see the last card used by the customer at the bottom of the list.
After selecting the credit card type, click Next and enter any needed information:
- Enter the Credit Card Number in the CC Number field.
- Enter the Credit Card Expiration Date in the Exp. Date field.
- Enter the Confirmation Code (typically the three digit security code located on the back of the card) in the Confirmation field. (This step is optional and may be changed in the Payment Viewer Module Options).
If you have a Credit Card Scanner you may scan the card and above information will be populated. Clicking Next will advance to a Summary screen where you can verify the information before completing the transaction. Once you have verified the information, click Finish.
The Credit Card will be processed and a confirmation will appear notifying you of its successful completion. If you wish to see the Credit Card Processed Successful message after each card is processed, then click Yes. If you do not wish to receive the confirmation display box, click No. The Print Option screen will appear. (If this does not happen, you may have turned off this Option in the SalesPoint module options. Or you may have turned off this option in the Program Options.) You will now be able to print out your Customer's Receipt and allow them to sign for their card. Choose the Receipt Printer if it is not already set as your Default Printer and click OK.
SalesPoint Credit Returns
When returning items, an order is created in the same way as a normal sale; however, the line items are changed from a sale type to a credit return type.
Start by first creating an order using the basic checkout instructions. After the items to be returned have been added, click on the line item's type column. The option will be given to change the line item to Sale, Drop Ship, or Credit Return. Choose the Credit Return option. You will immediately see the amount beneath the unit price column shown in parenthesis, which signals the amount of money owed to the customer.
After the order has all of the desired items on it, follow through the checkout wizard. When the checkout is complete, an issued SO will be waiting in the Receiving module where the items can then be received into inventory.
SalesPoint Hot Keys
|New order||Ctrl + N|
|Delete item||Ctrl + Shift + X|
|Add a line item tax rate||Ctrl + Shift + R|
|Add misc item||Ctrl + Shift + M|
|Add discount item||Ctrl + Shift + D|
|Add subtotal item||Ctrl + Shift + S|
|Checkout||Ctrl + Q|
|Add item||Ctrl + Shift + A|
|Associated Price||Ctrl + Shift + P|
|Move line item up||Ctrl + Shift + Up arrow|
|Move line item down||Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow|
|Quantity Up||Ctrl + Shift + Plus(+)|
|Quantity Down||Ctrl + Shift + Minus(-)|
Changing the default SalesPoint report
The steps below will walk you through the process of changing the default SalesPoint report:
- Login to Fishbowl and open the Reports module.
- At the top of the screen you will see a tools dropdown menu. Select Tools and click Module Options.
- Go to the Select Reports tab and scroll down to the SalesPoint section. Click the Search button next to SalesPoint and select the report you would like to use as the default. Typically, SalesPoint will use one of the following Sales Order reports: Receipt 2in, Receipt 3in, or POS Receipt. After highlighting the desired report click OK. Your report will now be the default report when selecting File | Print Preview in SalesPoint, and when finishing the checkout wizard in SalesPoint. If you would like to change the default print behavior for the report when finishing checkout, see SalesPoint module options.
You may also change the default report that prints after processing a credit card by clicking the Search button next to Credit Card Receipt. To change how many credit card receipts are printed, see SalesPoint module options.
Accessing other modules
SalesPoint allows convenient access to some of Fishbowl's other modules. These modules can be loaded by clicking the appropriate Module Group from the menu, and then clicking the desired module.
Point of Sale Register Kit
Fishbowl sells point of sale hardware including cash drawers, barcode scanners, credit card readers, receipt printers, touchscreen monitors, and computers.
Some aspects of the SalesPoint module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Number SalesPoint orders separately from Sales Order
- With this option on, SalesPoint orders numbers will be based off the number in the next number field. If this option is off, then the next Sales Order number will be used.
- Next Number
- The characters entered in this field will be used as the next order number. Every time a new order is created, the final group of numbers will be increased by one. For example, Pier1-Order99-LA will be incremented to Pier1-Order100-LA.
- Highlight difference in list price after a 'Save'
- If the price of an item is different than the list price, this option will ensure that the price is highlighted with a blue font, even after a save.
- Do not change sales tax for tax exempt customers
- Setting this option will prevent the sales tax from changing to 'None' when selecting a tax exempt customer.
- Enable customer display for secondary monitor
- Selecting this option will load a separate window that displays the order items, order totals, total savings, etc. This window can be placed on a secondary monitor that faces the customer.
- Enable last card used as a payment option
- Selecting this option will show the last credit card used by the customer as a payment option when taking a payment.
- Show printer options for credit card receipts
- Selecting this option display a window with printer options before printing a credit card receipt.
- Credit card receipt copies
- This option provides the ability to choose how many Credit Card Receipt copies are printed after each transaction.
- Default customer
- It may not be necessary to record all SalesPoint customers. Instead, a generic customer can be selected from the drop down list and this customer will be selected each time a new order is created. For more information see Manage SalesPoint Customers.
- Each computer may be assigned a different register number. This number can then be recalled for historical purposes.
- Insufficient inventory
- This option controls which inventory number is used to determine if there is sufficient inventory when adding an item to the order. For more information see Inventory status terms.
- Print SalesPoint report
- This option determines the print behavior of the default SalesPoint report when finishing the checkout wizard. Options include Print, Preview, or None. To change the default SalesPoint report, see Changing the default SalesPoint report.
- The Receipt Footer tab allows a custom message to be added to the bottom of the following SalesPoint reports: POS Receipt, Receipt 2in, and Receipt 3in.