The Company module, located in the Setup group, allows the managing of company information such as addresses, contact information, email setup, program defaults, and other important information. The Company module can only be accessed by the admin user.
Account Info tab
The Account Info tab is a way for you to quickly see a summary of company information. Here you may change the Name field for your company. All of the other information shown here such as contact information, addresses, etc. is filled out in other tabs.
The Details tab provides the ability to store some company information such as the Default Carrier. An optional EAN.UCC number can be entered, which is a number that is assigned to companies and is used to define the SSCC (Serial Shipping Container Code). The Tax Exempt field allows a company to enter a tax exempt number.
Additionally, a company logo can be added to Fishbowl that will be displayed on reports and on the SalesPoint Customer Display Window. Follow the steps below to set the company logo.
- Click the Open image icon located on the component toolbar to the right.
- Browse to the picture file and then click the Open button.
- The buttons on the component toolbar to the right provide the ability to Save, Delete, View, or Change the Image Size of the company logo.
The company address listed in the Address Tab will appear on Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
If you have multiple locations for your business and Location Group Tracking is enabled, then you will be able to select which location address to display on your Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- New Address
- To create a new address click on the New Address button.
- An information box will be displayed.
- Enter in the name, address, type, location group, and whether or not this address is the default address.
- Click OK to save the newly created address.
- Edit Address
- To Edit an existing address, highlight the address you with to modify and then click the Edit Address button.
- Click Ok to save changes.
- Delete Address
- To delete an address simply highlight the address you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete Address Button.
- A dialog box will be displayed asking if you really wish to delete the address.
- Click Yes.
The Memo Field tab is for internal-use and allows a user to enter notes regarding the company. The top portion of the main screen will offer the dates notes were given, by what user, as well as a portion of the memo written. If the memo is longer than the top line allotted, you may highlight the entire line and the memo will be shown in its entirety on the bottom half of the main screen.
You may add a new note, edit an existing note, or delete a note by highlighting the line item to be changed and clicking the corresponding button located on the component toolbar.
You may print all the memo notes for your company by clicking on the 'Print Memos' button in the top left corner of the main screen.
There are two places where email can be configured in Fishbowl:
- The Email tab in the Company module will set the default email settings for all clients.
- If the company defaults need to be overridden on a specific client computer, then the email settings for that computer can be customized by clicking the Tools menu, selecting Program Options, and then clicking the Email tab.
The fields available on the Email tab are the same in the Company module, and in the Program Options. Follow the steps below to configure email in Fishbowl.
- Enter the information for the Outgoing Mail Server. This information can be obtained from the email provider or from your company's IT department.
- The Email From Name and Email From Address fields are used to customize how the email will appear to the recipient.
- The Bcc Sent Receipt checkbox will send a copy of the receipt to the From address. An additional address can also be entered in the Bcc field.
- The four fields at the bottom of the tab are used to select customized Email Template files.
There are four ways that email can be sent from Fishbowl. Each of these emails can be customized using the corresponding Email Template.
- Generic Email - To email a report from the Reports module, click the Email button located above the report. A PDF of the currently open report will be attached to the email.
- Sales Order Email - An email can be sent when a sales order is issued. This option can be customized on the Email tab of the Sales Order module options. A PDF of the Sales Order report will be attached to the email.
- Purchase Order Email - An email can be sent when a purchase order is issued. This option can be customized on the Email tab of the Purchase Order module options. A PDF of the Purchase Order report will be attached to the email and a CSV can also be attached for the vendor to import.
- Shipping Email - An email can be sent when an order is shipped. This option can be customized on the Email tab of the Shipping module options. A PDF of the Packing List report will be attached to the email.
The Email button can be used in most modules to open an email compose window. If the module's default report is specified, the PDF report will be attached to the email. In the Sales Order module, Purchase Order module, and Shipping module, the order's Email field will be used, or the default email address of the customer/vendor.
Clicking the To, Cc, or Bcc buttons will open an address book where the customer and company email addresses can be selected.
- Open an existing template (C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\client\email-templates) or create a new file in a text editor such as Microsoft Notepad. To specify an email subject, the first line must be SUBJECT: followed by the desired subject line.
- The remainder of the file is used to create the body of the message. Use any of the special keywords below to pull information from Fishbowl.
- @BILLTONAME will be replaced with the bill to name for the order.
- @SHIPTONAME will be replaced with the ship to name for the order.
- @ORDERNUM will be replaced with the order number.
- @CUSTOMERPO will be replaced with the customer's purchase order number.
- @DATE will be replaced with the current date.
- @USER will be replaced with the full name of the user that is currently logged in.
- @VENDORCONTACT will be replaced with the vendor contact name for the order.
- @TRACKINGNUM will be replaced with the tracking numbers for the shipment.
- HTML - The body of the message can also contain HTML tags for more advanced formatting. To use HTML tags, the body section must begin with <html> (see the generic template on the right). When composing the email in Fishbowl, the HTML tags will still be visible. A test email should be sent to verify that the received email is formatted properly. HTML tags can also be inserted manually from the compose window.
- Save the email template file, preferably in a location that will be accessible by all client computers.
- On the Email tab of the Company module, click the Select File button next to desired email type and select the custom template file that was created.
- NOTE: If the file is not located in a common location that is accessible by each client computer, then the file will need to be copied to each client computer and specified by clicking the Tools menu, selecting Program Options, and then clicking the Email tab.
Payment Methods tab
The Payment Methods tab provides the user with the ability to create custom payment methods. To add a new payment method, click the Add button on the component toolbar.
Shipping Terms tab
The Shipping Terms tab provides the user with the ability to create their own company shipping terms. To add a new shipping term, click the Add button on the component toolbar. This will display the Add/Edit Shipping Term box where you may enter any shipping term and choose OK to save. Shipping Terms may also be edited or deleted by highlighting the term and choosing the corresponding icon from the component toolbar.
FOB Point tab
FOB (Free On Board or Freight On Board) points are typically used to select the point where ownership changes from seller to buyer or to indicate which party assumes the risk of damage during shipping. The FOB Point tab allows a company to customize their FOB points.
Integrated Apps tab
The first time that an integrated application attempts to connect to Fishbowl, the application will need to be approved. An integrated application can be approved by any user that has access to the Company module. The app only needs to be approved once. Follow the steps below to approve an integrated app.
- Start the Fishbowl Client and open the Company module, located in the Setup group.
- Click the Integrated Apps tab.
- Select the integrated app from the list and then click the Approve button.
- The integrated app should now be able to connect successfully.
The Custom Field tab is an internal-use field for extra information regarding your company. You can set up specific names for each custom field line in the Custom Fields Module.
Some aspects of the Company module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Prefix barcodes with a data identifier
- When this option is checked, a letter that indicates the type of order will be added to the beginning of barcodes. For example, instead of 50082, an S would be added to the beginning - S50082 - indicating a sales order. This is the format used in the Picking module. In Mobile Picking, the data identifier is required to automatically open a pick when scanning a barcode.
- Automatically refresh orders
- With this option checked, an order that is being viewed will automatically refresh when another user makes changes. This applies to the Picking module, the Shipping module, the Purchase Order module, the Receiving module, and the Manufacture Order module.
- Hide Fishbowl +
- This option will remove the Fishbowl + section from the Module Groups menu.
- Validate customer PO on CSV import
- With this option checked, Fishbowl will check for duplicates in the Customer PO field when importing sales orders through CSV.
- Display Phone number in company address
- This option determines whether the company phone number is shown when displaying the company address on reports.
- Display FAX number in company address
- This option determines whether the company FAX number is shown when displaying the company address on reports.
- Display Email in company address
- This option determines whether the company email address is shown when displaying the company address on reports.
- Display generated email footer
- A footer will be added to the bottom of each email saying that the email was sent from Fishbowl.
- Fishbowl has the ability to validate addresses by checking the USPS database to make sure the address exists and is formatted correctly. When using Avalara, it is not necessary to configure validation in the Company module. To enable address validation, create a free USPS account. After entering the USPS account number, restart the Fishbowl Client and an address validation icon will appear in the top-right corner of the address panel on Fishbowl orders, as well as the Customer module and Vendor module.
- Enable LDAP Authentication
- This feature allows users to log in to Fishbowl using their Windows password. This feature is currently compatible with Windows Active Directory only. This eliminates the need for users to remember an extra password, and can also increase security as many organizations have security requirements for passwords (length, type of characters, expiration, etc.). Before using this feature, users must be created in Fishbowl. The username created in Fishbowl must match the username stored on the LDAP server. Read the LDAP basics section below for an overview of LDAP.
- Enter the name or IP address of the computer where the LDAP server is running.
- EXAMPLE: 192.168.2.2
- Enter the port that the LDAP server is using. Port 389 is typically used, or port 636 for SSL.
- EXAMPLE: 389
- Search Directory
- Enter the directory where the users are located. Fishbowl adds sAMAccountName, so that actual search filter looks similar to this: (&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=dave))
- EXAMPLE: dc=example, dc=local (includes the entire directory)
- EXAMPLE: ou=users, dc=example, dc=local (includes a specific group)
- EXAMPLE: cn=users, dc=example, dc=local (another way that users may be grouped)
- Enter the domain name used to connect to the Active Directory server.
- EXAMPLE: example.local
- Enter the fully qualified username being used to connect to the server.
- EXAMPLE: email@example.com
- Type the password for the username entered above.
- Use SSL Connection
- This option allows Fishbowl to connect to the LDAP server using a more secure SSL connection.
- Disable Fishbowl User Password (Excluded admin user)
- With this option checked, users will not be able to log in with their Fishbowl password. Only the LDAP password will work for logging in. This option is recommended to increase security.
An LDAP server is organized similar to a tree.
Below are a few LDAP abbreviations. Additional information about LDAP can be found here.
- cn (common name) - An entry in the directory, such as a username.
- ou (organizational unit) - A user group or organizational unit.
- dc (domain component) - A piece of the full domain. For example, www.fishbowlinvetory.com would be written as dc=www, dc=fishbowlinventory, dc=com
- dn (distinguished name) - A unique address for an item in the directory. This includes the components below it in the tree (dn = cn + ou + dc). So Jen's dn is written as cn=jen, ou=users, dc=example, dc=local