Fishbowl Inventory is an affordable inventory management solution for small and midsize businesses. It is especially popular among manufacturers and wholesale distributors. Fishbowl offers advanced features, including multiple location tracking, seamless QuickBooks integration, order management, and pick/pack/ship functionality. Learn more about Fishbowl Inventory by downloading the PDF on the left or by clicking the buttons below. And learn more about our upcoming Multi-Currency feature.
In addition to its core inventory management features, Fishbowl offers a growing number of additional features to make your business even more efficient for an affordable price.
QuickBooks is the most popular accounting software for U.S. small businesses, and it allows many developers to integrate their programs with it. Fishbowl was one of the first companies to receive Intuit’s Gold Developer status, its highest honor for third parties. Fishbowl Inventory integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, allowing users to:
- Simultaneously update their inventory and accounting records
- Increase data accuracy
- Keep using the accounting software they’re familiar with
Many organizations have more than one location. As your business moves into new warehouses and stores, the task of managing your inventory becomes much more complex. Fishbowl Inventory solves this problem with inventory tracking tools that let you:
- Monitor inventory levels by warehouse
- Study sales trends at each location
- Quickly transfer products from one location to another to prevent shortages
Fishbowl Inventory provides advanced inventory management tools to small and midsize businesses to help them track parts, products, and other materials. Fishbowl’s tools include:
- Barcode printing and scanning
- Automatic reordering
- Picking, packing, and shipping products
- And many others
You can use Fishbowl’s order management software to process orders from customers, vendors, and many other groups. In addition, it makes it quicker and simpler to:
- Receive products into your warehouse
- Track shipments to their destination
- Record sales and deliveries
- Set up automatic reorder points for products
Fishbowl Inventory’s part tracking system keeps you informed on where to find each part required for a specific manufacturing job, and it also alerts you when parts need to be reordered.
Tracking parts by location speeds up the processes of manufacturing and shipping products. In addition, Fishbowl Inventory adds up the total cost of the parts and labor that go into products so you can make informed decisions when setting prices.
Fishbowl Inventory lets you use mobile devices to track down products by serial number, lot number, revision number, and/or other criteria. It also prints shipping labels.
Fishbowl Inventory integrates with UPS and FedEx, and soon it will be the first inventory management software in its class to be certified as UPS Ready. This means that Fishbowl will have UPS shipping features pre-installed in its software, making it faster and easier for users to get price quotes and schedule shipments.
Many of Fishbowl’s customers have vendors in countries besides the United States, so they need to convert a variety of currencies into U.S. dollars for accounting and tax purposes. Fishbowl Inventory is beginning to release multi-currency features to solve this issue.
The first features in our new Currency Module include the ability to:
- Manage unlimited currencies and their exchange rates
- Create Purchase Orders in any currency
- Set a default currency for each vendor
More functionality will be added soon until Fishbowl Inventory has a complete multi-currency solution.
Sales and Purchasing
Companies often sell a variety of products to customers and purchase an equally diverse number of parts and products from vendors. Fishbowl Inventory makes selling and purchasing easier through its automated features, which let you:
- Instantly update prices on sales orders when product features change
- Turn price quotes into sales orders
- Save sales-order templates to reuse when customers order the same products again
- Apply discounts and different pricing tiers for groups of customers
- Monitor vendor prices and performance
Fishbowl Inventory collects a great deal of information as it records product sales, orders, deliveries, and more. It then converts all of that data into an easy-to-understand format so you can spot trends that would otherwise be difficult to discern.
Fishbowl Inventory has more than 100 reports, including:
- Adjustment Report – Find recent updates Fishbowl has made in QuickBooks
- Gross Sales by Product/Salesperson – Identify which products and salespeople are performing the best
- Turnover Bar Graph/Pie Chart – See the number of times you’ve sold all of your inventory in a year
- Inventory Availability – Get up-to-date inventory counts
Modern manufacturers use work orders, bills of materials, and other documents to organize their production jobs. Fishbowl’s Manufacturing Option, in addition to helping manufacturers manage their inventory, allows them to:
- Create multilevel work orders
- Save templates of oft-used work orders and bills of materials
- Automate manufacturing tasks
- Monitor equipment condition
Fishbowl Inventory has the ability to generate barcodes, print them, and scan them. All of this increases the speed and accuracy of your product orders, cycle counts, and much more. Instead of hand typing information into a computer whenever you receive, ship, or sell products, you can simply use a barcode scanner to instantly enter information. Fishbowl is a great time saver.
Point of Sale
SalesPoint by Fishbowl lets companies add cash registers to their warehouses and other non-retail locations. This is a good idea because it allows you to cater to walk-in customers and other people who are ready to purchase at odd times and places.
SalesPoint includes all the necessary equipment and software you need to quickly set up a point-of-sale system:
- Secure cash register
- Touchscreen monitor
- Barcode scanner
- Card reader
- Integration with Fishbowl Inventory
Fishbowl Pipeline is a Web-based application that works as a customer relationship management (CRM) system and much more. It records information on leads, conversions, and customers. Plus, it integrates with Fishbowl Inventory through the cloud, letting you see what inventory you currently have in stock. In the future, it will offer the ability to:
- Add new products to Fishbowl Inventory
- Update product quantities, units of measure, prices, etc.
- Generate price quotes for sales orders
- And much more
Electronic data interchange (EDI) is a requirement for doing business with large retail chains like Wal-Mart and Costco. Fishbowl has partners that provide EDI service for Fishbowl users. They make sure the following data is transmitted to retailers quickly and accurately:
- Sales orders
- Product quantities, prices, and other information
- Customer details
Fishbowl Inventory is useful to ecommerce retailers that want to keep track of multiple orders and instantly update their inventory records when they make sales.
Using Fishbowl’s software development kit, you can connect Fishbowl Inventory with your shopping cart so that your inventory and accounting records will be updated when you sell products on your website. If you don’t have a shopping cart yet, Fishbowl has several that it already integrates with.
Fishbowl partners with Intuit Merchant Services and Authorize.Net to allow Fishbowl users to instantly process credit cards. You can also use SalesPoint by Fishbowl to get a complete point of sale system, which includes a cash register, touchscreen monitor, card reader, and barcode scanner.
Fishbowl Hosted Services allows companies to access their software, data, and more through an Internet connection. It offers a number of additional advanced features and benefits, including:
- Pre-installed Microsoft Office and Fishbowl Inventory (sold separately)
- Access to Fishbowl, Office, and files from any computer
- Automatic software updates
- Frequent backups to prevent data loss
- Enterprise-level security to protect your data
Fishbowl Inventory is continuously improving and releasing new software versions throughout the year. Check out the newest features that are making Fishbowl Inventory even more user-friendly and useful to your business.
Fishbowl Inventory has an exhaustive feature set – everything from auto reorder points to variable pricing. See all of the features you’ll get in the latest versions of:
- Fishbowl Inventory
- Fishbowl’s Manufacturing Option
- Fishbowl Mobile Warehouse
- SalesPoint by Fishbowl
- Fishbowl Pipeline
What hardware, software, and storage space do you need to run Fishbowl Inventory at its optimal efficiency? It depends on your database size, operating system, Fishbowl product, and other factors. This page has the answers to these and many other questions. Let us guide you through the pre-installation process to make sure you have the best possible experience with our software.
Fishbowl’s SDK lets third-party developers build their own tools and modify certain aspects of Fishbowl Inventory to make it work even better for your business. You can create new reports, modify orders, export data from Fishbowl to different programs, and much more. You’re limited only by your imagination.
You must become a member of the Fishbowl Developer Network to gain access to Fishbowl’s SDK and application programming interface (API). You can find more details about this by visiting the Fishbowl Developer Network page